Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Cardcaptors

  1. #16
    Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny Portugal
    Posts
    6,186
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I really like CCS she was so adorable and the drawings were really cute! I don't remember if I saw the last episodes! I think they took out before it ended!

  2. #17
    king of the sky Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    i liked it i havent seen it in awhile though. for some reason i liked the opening theme song.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.


    you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

    my FF amvs

  3. #18
    Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    7,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    It started in Episode 47. i never really found out why Eli (Eriol) was doing it though, cos i havent seen the last episode
    (SPOILER)He is the reincarnation of Clow and since Sakura found all of the cards and become the owner the magic in the Clow cards would slowly fade away or something and so she had to recreate the cards as Sakura Cards. Hell...she even made a brand new card at the very end.

    This is all of course to the best of my recollection.

  4. #19
    One Hundred Chimneys Tavrobel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Conjunction Junction
    Posts
    10,455
    Articles
    102
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    I spent four days off of the internet to download the entire series by Torrent. I then spent the next week watching all of the episodes, and I spent the week after that rewatching more of the episodes.

    I doubt you'll be able to find the English dub, especially since in the US, they did not show all of the episodes. The first season was cut down to something close to 20 episodes. A few years later, they showed the full second season, heavily edited (they also split the final battle into two episodes, and added a filler episode, slicing apart montage and unused fottage from the last episode). I should know. I taped most of the episodes.

    Daidouji ftw, and don't any of you forget it.

    However, as for Eriol (SPOILER) he was doing it in order to ensure that Sakura would be come the master of the Cards. In the dub, more urgency was placed on transforming the cards, because if not, the Cards would rampage out of control like the beginning of the show, only all of them at once, as opposed to one at a time.

    In the original, the cards would simply turn into regular cards, which is accurate in the manga, because Sakura does need to be the strongest Magic-user as appointed by Clow Reed. Just why he wanted it is a fairly prevalent question in the Tsubasa and xxxHolic crossovers. In the manga, Eriol is portrayed as more conniving and self-interested. What is also a point is Fujitaka also being a reincarnation of Clow Reed, explaining Sakura's magic powers.


    The Sakura Arc starts episode 47.

    EDIT: Ahh, beaten to it.

  5. #20
    Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    The World
    Posts
    7,920

    Default

    I beat you too it but you did a hell of a lot better job explain it than I could. In all honesty I lost so much interest in the second half I couldn't remember much specifics about why and hoped I BSed my way through my explanation XD

  6. #21
    Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    2,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    That is why it is the idea of a bad guy It all gets explained in the end but they portray him as mysterious and not in Sakura's best interest. Or so I thought. This is all after episode 45 or 50 or something like that. I can't really recall when the second arc started.
    <span style="color:#FFCCFF">
    Ah... I see I missed that little bit[that is what I get for speed reading].

    However, I never thought of Eriol as a bad guy all that much. I don't recall what made me think that though I do recall that I never thought of there being a bad guy.
    </span>


    STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

  7. #22
    One Hundred Chimneys Tavrobel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Conjunction Junction
    Posts
    10,455
    Articles
    102
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShunNakamura View Post
    However, I never thought of Eriol as a bad guy all that much. I don't recall what made me think that though I do recall that I never thought of there being a bad guy.
    Because Eriol's not that evil. He's just self-serving, but ultimately a puppet.

  8. #23
    The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    7,729

    FFXIV Character

    Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    I spent four days off of the internet to download the entire series by Torrent. I then spent the next week watching all of the episodes, and I spent the week after that rewatching more of the episodes.

    I doubt you'll be able to find the English dub, especially since in the US, they did not show all of the episodes. The first season was cut down to something close to 20 episodes. A few years later, they showed the full second season, heavily edited (they also split the final battle into two episodes, and added a filler episode, slicing apart montage and unused fottage from the last episode). I should know. I taped most of the episodes.

    Daidouji ftw, and don't any of you forget it.

    However, as for Eriol (SPOILER) he was doing it in order to ensure that Sakura would be come the master of the Cards. In the dub, more urgency was placed on transforming the cards, because if not, the Cards would rampage out of control like the beginning of the show, only all of them at once, as opposed to one at a time.

    In the original, the cards would simply turn into regular cards, which is accurate in the manga, because Sakura does need to be the strongest Magic-user as appointed by Clow Reed. Just why he wanted it is a fairly prevalent question in the Tsubasa and xxxHolic crossovers. In the manga, Eriol is portrayed as more conniving and self-interested. What is also a point is Fujitaka also being a reincarnation of Clow Reed, explaining Sakura's magic powers.


    The Sakura Arc starts episode 47.

    EDIT: Ahh, beaten to it.
    Didn't Eriol, in the manga, also wanted

    (SPOILER)Sakura to become the most powerful magician so that she could split Clow Reed's powers between Eriol and Fujitaka more evenly since Eriol got the bulk of it. With that much power Eriol was haunted with memories of the past and also visions of the future; with the power split, he would no longer have these visions thus able to live a more normal life. At least that's what Wiki said. x-x


  9. #24
    One Hundred Chimneys Tavrobel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Conjunction Junction
    Posts
    10,455
    Articles
    102
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    Didn't Eriol, in the manga, also wanted

    (SPOILER)Sakura to become the most powerful magician so that she could split Clow Reed's powers between Eriol and Fujitaka more evenly since Eriol got the bulk of it. With that much power Eriol was haunted with memories of the past and also visions of the future; with the power split, he would no longer have these visions thus able to live a more normal life. At least that's what Wiki said. x-x
    (SPOILER)I thought that I could fit under that when I mentioned that Sakura needed to be the strongest Magic-user. It seems that she is the one who splits the magic evenly between the two, since Eriol can't do it himself; he needs someone stronger. This I believe, is also a set-up for Tsubasa and xxxHolic: Clow needs a back-up plan incase Fei Wang Reed gets what he wants.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •