Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beating zeromus (last stage)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    You can steal an item from Zeromus' first form called Dark Matter. If you manage to steal it, you can reduce the damage done by Big Bang.

If you are playing the SNES/PS1 version...your battle is much harder. Here, Rosa's Curaja/Cure4 takes longer time to cast the spell. So what'll happen is this:

1. Big Bang will hurt your party by 2000 each almost every turn.
    2. Rosa will try to cast Cure4 to heal, but at around level 65, Cure4 only heals the party for 1000 each. It also takes a long time to cast.
    3. Zeromus will deal damage with Big Bang faster than Rosa can cure your party with Cure4, and you are screwed.

The only think I could think of doing is having Cecil and Kain, the ones who can survive Big Bang for more than two turns, attack and heal themselves with Elixers when their HP is low.

Fortunately, I don't think you are playing the SNES/PS1 version.
    If you are playing the GBA version, just have Rosa keep on using Curaja on the party every turn she gets. Use it even Zeromus uses his next Big Bang; try to time it so that she'll heal the party immediately after Big Bang. Curaja/Cure4 is also faster in this game compared to the other two versions.
    Cure4 should be healing for more HP. It always healed for about 1500-2000 HP when I was playing the SNES version (both FF"II" US and FFIV Hard Type). Equip Rosa with a White Robe or whatever it's called (it's an armor found in the final dungeon, and it enhances Rosa's white magic a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    If you're playing the PS1 version (hard type) I recommend you do as PuPu said, with a little tweaking.

A. Cast reflect on the party before you get his other form out there. Then cast spells on him, he'll counter with a spell and it will be reflected back to him, you can do a decent amount of damage quickly that way.

B. When everyone dies except Cecil and Kain you should be trying to time Kain's jump so he can avoid Big Bang. This can be done by having Kain Jump right when Zeromus makes his "shake", that way you can save all of your elixers for Cecil.
    That sounds like a clever strategy, although it won't work for long. Zeromus will frequently cast Black Hole, which will Dispel all the positive status ailments your party has, so your characters will lose the Reflect status when Zeromus casts Black Hole.

If you want some more advice, I think the best advice is to lower the battle speed. With the fastest battle speed, Zeromus can cast 1-2 Big Bangs in a time when Rosa can cast only one Cure4. With the slowest battle speed, it's the other way around, so you'll have more time to recover from Zeromus' Big Bang. Have Kain Jump, Rosa use Cure4, Cecil use physical attacks and maybe heal if needed, Rydia cast Ashura or Bahamut (although Zeromus will counter Bahamut with Flare or Bio) and Edge throw all the extra weapons you have.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

stealing dark matter could help. if not
    cecil attack and cure
    kain jump and phoenix down
    rydia bahamut and die
    edge throw all the weapons i have
    rosa cure and holy

even on the levels your on you should be able to manage seeing as i normally do it on similar levels.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Battle speed is one of the biggest concerns.. there are many bosses, especially Z that are just plain HARD if the battle speed is too fast.

Even with a level 75+ party, I imagine you'd have trouble with maximum battle speed on Zeromus.

Rydia's HP is rather... bad, and I would alternate between Ashura(sp?) and Bahamut, leaning more towards Ashura. Rosa Cure4 every round... it really hurts when he gets two big bangs in between a Cure4.
    He shouldn't be as hard then, although he still is pretty hard.

zeromus counters bahamut, I think I just had rydia cast ashura every round last time I beat him.

The last time I played, I had Rydia equipped with the robe and accessories appropriate to boosting the stat that determines the power of her black magic and summoning, though I can't remember whether it was Will or Wisdom. And although I didn't know Zeromus counters Bahamut, I did get at least two MegaFlares in for 9999 damage apiece before Rydia fell.

From what I can determine looking at the previous posts in this thread, Zeromus doesn't counter Leviathan. Now, if Bahamut was capable of landing 9999 with each MegaFlare, then summoning Leviathan would dish out between 5000-6000 HP with each summon without provoking a counter attack - unless, of course, Zeromus is able to reduce or absorb damage from elemental magic.

Have Rosa cast Cure4 each turn until she is about to run out of HP, and then have one of the other characters use an elixir on her. Otherwise, I cannot suggest anything that hasn't already been covered.
    And when he gets to Heaven,
    To Saint Peter he will tell:
    One more soldier reporting, sir -
    I've served my time in Hell.

- Sergeant James A. Donahue

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight View Post
    Battle speed is one of the biggest concerns.. there are many bosses, especially Z that are just plain HARD if the battle speed is too fast.

Even with a level 75+ party, I imagine you'd have trouble with maximum battle speed on Zeromus.
    That's true. However, you won't need a level 75+ party to beat Zeromus with the fastest battle speed. My characters were on levels 64-67 in the Hard Type version of FFIV SNES, and I beat Zeromus without too much trouble with the fastest battle speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
    From what I can determine looking at the previous posts in this thread, Zeromus doesn't counter Leviathan. Now, if Bahamut was capable of landing 9999 with each MegaFlare, then summoning Leviathan would dish out between 5000-6000 HP with each summon without provoking a counter attack - unless, of course, Zeromus is able to reduce or absorb damage from elemental magic.
    I just tried it out, and Zeromus counters Leviathan the same way he counters Bahamut. He first counters with Flare, and later he'll counter by casting Bio on everyone.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi