Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT DOTH THY MEAN 'IT'S NOT 4 PM'?

Default WHAT DOTH THY MEAN 'IT'S NOT 4 PM'?

This has always been something that seems to happen to me but it's been happening a lot lately, where I'll be having a dream and in my dream, I'll think that it's a certain time, and I know I'm dreaming, but I'll see the time and be like "OH I OVERSLEPT I GOTTA GET UP!" and then I'll wake up and see it's like 5 AM. It's very annoying since I have insomnia and a caffeine addiction as is.

Anyway, what are some tricks your mind plays on you?

EDIT: This also a wierd dreams thread.

I had one a few nights ago where I was JD from Scrubs, but then when we went out the hospital there was like an army there, then I started running, and then later all the people in the army turned into teenagers and then they all started going to one spot, which was a school, then I ended up in a psychiatry class somehow. Schizophrenia rules.
    Last edited by Rengori; 08-16-2007 at 02:16 AM.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I recently had a dream that ended with me waking myself up at noon. When I really woke up it was 10.

About two weeks ago I had a dream wear I woke up in the dream and realised that it was a dream then I woke up but it was still a dream then I woke up again as a part of my dream and had eggs then as a part of my dream I told my Mom about the dream I just had and then I actually woke up and was sort of confused. I wish I really did have eggs that morning...

I'm going to make you jealous now Rengori. When I dream of time, I do it well! In my dream I was in my kitchen, an I said the clock would stop, between 4.30- 4.45 AM. When I woke up, it was not long past that time. The next morning when I got out of bed, an went to the kitchen, the clock had stopped at 4.40 AM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    I'm going to make you jealous now Rengori. When I dream of time, I do it well! In my dream I was in my kitchen, an I said the clock would stop, between 4.30- 4.45 AM. When I woke up, it was not long past that time. The next morning when I got out of bed, an went to the kitchen, the clock had stopped at 4.40 AM.
    Oie creepy!

My dreams don't play tricks on me. They are either zombie dreams, me being evil ad killing or destroying stuff, or naughty. No mind games. It just makes me think of how sadistic and horny I really am. Damn i'm messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Oie creepy!

My dreams don't play tricks on me. They are either zombie dreams, me being evil ad killing or destroying stuff, or naughty. No mind games. It just makes me think of how sadistic and horny I really am. Damn i'm messed up.
    Marry me.
    whos' obama?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I keep having dreams where I get a lot of money and I go splurging and giving it away (Jeez in my dreams I'm a chump). I get dissapointed when I wake up and don't have cool stuff.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    Oie creepy!

Marry me.

I called dips first man. =/

My mind once convinced me that my car was actually a transformer. I named it Charlie. Charlie and I had a lot of fun times, but he would never show me his robot form. This made me sad. But Charlie was a good friend, so I was glad. We shared a lot of good times, like when he thought my unappropriated rubbing had given him some rash, when really, he was just rusting. Sadly, my mind came to the sad realization that Charlie was, and always will be, just a fricken station wagon. So I transformed into a jet and blasted off to adventure!

I normally don't remember my dreams.

But there was a time when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move. It was freaky... I tried moving my arm to look at my watch and see what time it was but it wouldn't move. Then I tried moving my legs but they were frozen in place as well, and then I started kind of freaking out. You know how your lungs just kind of work without really needing to think about it, and most of the time you don't really notice it? I tried taking a deep breath, but as soon as I became conscious of my lungs they stopped moving until I passed out.
    And then I woke up later, perfectly fine... but it was probably the creepiest night I've ever had O_0

This can be fixed by "reality checking" every time you wake up. A reality check is simply trying do something that would be impossible in the waking world that will happen in the dream world.

Examples of reality checks: Plugging your nose and still being able to breath through them. Stretching your fingers out. Sticking your tongue through the roof of your mouth. Sticking your finger through your palm.

If a reality check works, giving you impossible results, you are in a dream. When one realizes that he or she is dreaming, this is called a lucid dream.

In a lucid dream, one can do anything that he or she can imagine. Go nuts.

Also, text and symbols are unstable in dreams. If you look at a digital clock and see illegible scribbles or anything weird, you are dreaming. Or if you look at the clock, look away, and then look back at the clock and the time changed, you are dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    This can be fixed by "reality checking" every time you wake up. A reality check is simply trying do something that would be impossible in the waking world that will happen in the dream world.

Examples of reality checks: Plugging your nose and still being able to breath through them. Stretching your fingers out. Sticking your tongue through the roof of your mouth. Sticking your finger through your palm.

If a reality check works, giving you impossible results, you are in a dream. When one realizes that he or she is dreaming, this is called a lucid dream.

Also, text and symbols are unstable in dreams. If you look at a digital clock and see illegible scribbles or anything weird, you are dreaming. Or if you look at the clock, look away, and then look back at the clock and the time changed, you are dreaming.
    I don't think I've ever been able to force myself through solid objects in a dream =(.
    And text/numbers are just fine for me usually. I recall, on at least one I occasion, that I had actually managed to do algebra in my sleep before

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post

I don't think I've ever been able to force myself through solid objects in a dream =(.
    And text/numbers are just fine for me usually. I recall, on at least one I occasion, that I had actually managed to do algebra in my sleep before
    You may "think" you were doing algebra. But do you remember the numbers? The problem? Anything?

I once thought I was speaking a foreign language, but I really wasn't. Since this is your mind, it can think whatever the hell it wants and it appears real.

I'm aware I'm dreaming but I don't think I'm ever aware to force myself to do anything in them.
    whos' obama?

Well, here is what you do, and this really works. Before you fall asleep, wet your bed! Then when you think you woke up, ask yourself - am I wet? If no, then you are still sleeping. The same works with severing limbs, but you can only do that so often.