Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ava learns self-control

*yawn* Ava learns self-control

...Shortly after going all out!

So I've decided to put my credit cards away and do that thing where you pay on them and save money and stuff..

Needless to say, this thought came right after buying a 20 inch flat screen moniter for my computer and the little blue tooth ear thing 'cause I keep almost dropping my cell in the sink when I do the dishes and talk on the phone, including next day delivery for 305 dollars.

So! Do you guys have self-control be it with money, food, sex, generalized things? Where did you learn it? Do you have a problem with lack of self-control?!

[STRIKE]GO![/STRIKE] GOE!

Last edited by Avarice-ness; 08-16-2007 at 08:32 PM.

I guess self-control with food. I haven't eaten anything like ice cream, candy, chips, cake, cookies, etc. since I was 16. That's 5 years, lads! My worst vice is too much coffee. That's where I lose the control and become a rabid creature of the night.

I have a self-control with anger up to a POINT. And then I start yelling and punching and oh my god I'm blinded by rage.

I wish I had more self-control in regards to the INTERNET, though.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Yeah, having the responsibilities I do, you tend to learn it.

I am just a really horrid student. I could really learn more self control, but yeah. I am saving up to figure out the whole home buying experience, and for the first time ever, I really feel as though I have obtained enough self control. So I can't give a straight answer, cause I dunno. I tend to splurge. Especially for the child folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    I have a self-control with anger up to a POINT. And then I start yelling and punching and oh my god I'm blinded by rage.

I wish I had more self-control in regards to the INTERNET, though.
    Yup.

Also caffeine.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I have little self control, but I do seem to be quite responsible with my finances - even, perhaps, to the point of being stingy or churlish.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Money, I'm pretty good with. ^_^ Not stingy, but careful~
    Food, don't really need to be cautious, I don't usually splurge anyway and when I do I don't really care.
    Sex, I'm cautious~

I'm okay, actually. Only thing I would need self-control with is um, procrastination :3 Holy yeah.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Blog Entries

It's easy to have self control with money when you don't have any to exercise your self-control with.

there was a picture here

i was really badly addicted to caffine, that sorted itself out though because im now allergic to it! so cant have it even if i want it!

Im terrible for shopping, spending my fiances money...woops!!

I am very snobby with my money. I make loans to my family and make them pay interest when they pay me back. I buy things only if I see them as a decent expense (books and games go under entertainment catagory, and I rarely buy games anymore. Can't have enough books though). I don't spend money on things I don't really need (huge television, massive computer monitor, etc).

I don't eat a lot, so I guess that is self-control with the food. I actually hate eating and wouldn't if it wasn't necessary for my survival. Sex is immaterial because my girlfriend lives too far away for me to have it in excess. All other matters are pretty under control as well.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I have very little self control with my money which is a terrible trait to have. I know to invest my money but despite having nearly 9000$ invested I feel I should have more (I have allowances for another 10000$ or so thanks to working without investing for years).

And even then, I should be trying to invest more. I mean, I had barely any expenses the first two years of my employment. That means I made roughly 48 grand after taxes, before any expenses (food, gas, rent, pie).

But I value hedonism over a much more enjoyable life later. Stupid me hasn't learned that lesson yet. =(

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

My self control with money isn't all that great. It's something I'm going to have to really get a grip on.

My self control with food is similar to my grip on money, but I'm getting better with it. Honestly, I don't think I even eat much over 1000 calories on most days except really bad pig out days/family occasions.

I have terrible self control when it comes to my emotions though, particularly my anger. I do have anger problems.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's easy to control the money you spend when you don't have any at all.

I hardly ever get angry, just bored.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    My self control with money isn't all that great. It's something I'm going to have to really get a grip on.

My self control with food is similar to my grip on money, but I'm getting better with it. Honestly, I don't think I even eat much over 1000 calories on most days except really bad pig out days/family occasions.

I have terrible self control when it comes to my emotions though, particularly my anger. I do have anger problems.
    I doubt you're eating 1000 calories a day or your body would shut down faster than a pokemon in a caged digimon match with agumon.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

The only time I really show anger is on here. Even then, it's not bad anger. I learned financial control when I was 16 because I needed a car and I had to earn it. I kind of have a hard time keeping my immaturity locked down but I think that mostly comes with my personality.