Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Remember, we all have to die someday..."

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

It's definately not vital to play the previous two games to enjoy Persona 3.

Here's a question, I tend to level myself silly in those games and lose out on other aspects. How often do you guys go to Tartarus?

I would always go to the next checkpoint, killing as much as I could on the way, and then when I got to the blocked point I would just wait until the next full moon. Then it was a game of me wasting days until then. I feared I'd overlevel o_o My time balance was totally awful in this thing D:

I have to say the finale of this game is awesome. The final battle took me over 40 minutes to complete. And the design of the final boss was sexy incarnate.

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I would always go to the next checkpoint, killing as much as I could on the way, and then when I got to the blocked point I would just wait until the next full moon. Then it was a game of me wasting days until then. I feared I'd overlevel o_o
    I did that but then I was always afraid I would not be strong enough for the next full moon.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just don't do what I did... when Monad (the optional dungeon of the game) became available, I leveled in their so I could get Messiah(Lv.90) and it made the last trek of the story rediculously easy.

The fight with the final boss was still long and it would have been shorter if Yukari hadn't been Charmed and fully restored the boss' health with Medirahan . Even then the fight with the final boss was pretty tough when it started to spam it's Almighty attack or use Moonless Gown. The ending was incredibly touching...

I have DDS, but none of the other games.
    what ones are actually tied to the series, not just because it's made by Atlus.

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Once I get to the highest point possible in Tartarus I still feel bad if I don't go and level, that bores my sister who watches me play and only does it for the 'socialization' aspects of the game. But I guess bosses being somewhat easy because you're at a decent level can't be that bad.

Having your party members heal the boss... ayee. I suffered that a lot when I was playing Devil Summoner. At some point in the game bosses got really tricky (not difficult, just required strategy) and there was this one battle that lasted a really long time and when I thought it was nearly over, oops my demon got charmed and I'm all out of the item that cures that, and of course it has to be the demon with a developed dia skill, and of course the boss was healed right up.

Proxy: They would be the games that have 'Shin Megami Tensei' in the title as far as I know. Persona 2 did not have that in the title but I think all the games that came out for the PS2 did. There is one other game that I got to try out, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Well, mine was called Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call; which I believe to be the European release.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey it still wasn't as bad as my battle against Samael in Nocturne...(damn you charm and paralyze!) I think it was the only time I was grateful my main character got paralyzed...

The only games released outside of Japan that are from the Megami Tensie series are:
    Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne/ Lucifer's Call (which also happens to be based on the Japanese special edition of the game)
    Demi Kids Light and Dark version,
    Revelations Persona (Persona: Know Your True Self),
    Persona 2: Eternal Punishment,
    Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 (Called Avatar Turner in Japan),
    Devel Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army
    and now Persona 3

If you were wondering which are connected by story then all of them and none of them. If you play Nocturne/ Lucifer's Call, this statement makes sense. Technically, most of the Devil Summoner games are connected (Though I doubt the recent one is) and the three Persona games are connected (Though Persona 3 is debatable) and Persona 1 has connections to Shin Megami Tensei: If... though it can be thought of as a more clever cameo than a direct connection. Hope that helped.

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I've never heard of Demi Kids before. I'm curious as to why there are two versions. Does one occur before the other or is there just a connection through alternative universe themes?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
    I've never heard of Demi Kids before. I'm curious as to why there are two versions. Does one occur before the other or is there just a connection through alternative universe themes?
    It came out during the Pokemon phenomenon, the games are basically set in the same world but from oppsoing sides of a conflict with a few different monsters that are exclusive to each version. Basically, you need to hook your GBAs and trade to acquire every monster. I've been told it was a good series (it's really popular in Japan with sequels and I believe an anime adaption) but the games are rediculously hard to find and I doubt it ever got a PAL release.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I got Persona 3 yesterday. Between the praise it was getting here and what my friend (who is/was trying to get me into DDS series) was saying, I could not resist the temptation.

It is surprisingly addictive. At first I was scared that you were not going to have as much control during the daytime since the first hour of gameplay is pretty automatic and slightly repetitive (kinda like playing Roxas for the first hour or two of KHII, it gets incredibly annoying after a while). Once I got into full control of my character during the day, my opinion changed. One thing still annoys me though. Once I was suppose to hang out with Kenji and he bails at the school gate after a minute or two of talking then it goes straight to evening. I was like WTF? I barely spent anytime with him. I suppose nothing can be perfect. :/

At first I did not care for the voice actors either. Being the sub fan I am and all, I have my bias. The voice acting did grow on me and I quite like it. BTW Yukari's voice sounds overly familiar.

Right now I am toward the end of May, done my exams and just finish levelling up in Tartarus. I have about 7 or 8 social links with the Magician being the highest at 7 (or was it 6). I trying to focus more on levelling up my other social links now as well as my Academics, Charm and Courage as to explore more social links. I also want to give Elizabeth's other requests a shot before they expire.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Definetly work on raising your Courage, Academics, and Charm. Certain social links require you to have specific ranks.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game though

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    BTW Yukari's voice sounds overly familiar.
    The actress's name is Michelle Ruff. She's done a lot of anime/game work. In fact, a good chunk of the characters in this game are quite accomplished voice actors in various anime and games.

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

The guardian on the 135th floor is wiping my party out, over and over again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You need a party with Koromaru, Junpei, and and a healer that isn't Yukari or Mitsuru. That should lower the damage of the fire spells. Don't use Magic Mirrors cause the boss tends to spam Allmighty spells if you have it cast on your party. If you have a party member with High Critical hit rate attcks (Shinji or Aegis) then bring them in cause a All Out Attack will do serious damage.

This boss is more about luck than anything I'm afraid...

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

I actually defeated it a little while after posting that.

My party was Yukari, Shinji and Aegis. Yukari had Mediarama and I used revolution hoping Shinji and Aegis would crit more... God knows they did not crit once while revolution was on that I did not bother recasting it