Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problems with safer sephy

Default problems with safer sephy

i alwasy get beat by safer sephy i want an easy way to win without having to do something like "Get gold chocobo then blah blah blah" recon you can do that.

ps i use vincent tifa and cloud or vincent nanaki and cloud
    The vertical limit is 250 pixels.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/45/132645.jpg[/IMG]
    Tommorows forecast a few sprinkles of genius with a high chance of (SPOILER)DOOM
    never underestimate large groups of stupid people.

Disclamer: my spelling and grammar suck-->

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you can get to Safer Sephiroth theres no real got reason you can't beat him considering Bizzaro is harder ;p

Anyway we need to know a bit more about your party. (Levels, materia, that'd be nice)

Here's a few things you'll want (you might have them, I just dun know)

1. Omnislash- If your really having this much trouble a good Omnislash will b very helpful to cut down the time of the battle.
    2. Remedies- I don't know if you have armor or acc. that will block Super Nova's status effects, if you don't and you don't want to get them (morphing Tonberry whatever they ares is difficult and annoying), then you'll at least need to be able to get rid of the effects.
    3. (Depending on your levels) HP Pluses- I fought this at a low enough level that I needed them to boost a character's HP to 9,999, when it comes down to it, having 9,999 HP will make this battle much easier.
    4. Elixers, ethers, etc- My strategy will require MP.

My recommendation for strategy....

I say if your really having this much strategy use the "Better safe the sorry" strategy, which turns the fight into a long drawn out process.
    Have one character with the "Fury" status (I recommend Cloud for Omnislash), this will let him get his Limit faster but take more damage (Fury can be obtained by using a Hyper on a character.) Have that character have 9,999 so he can survive the beating he'll take. Have 1 character designated to healing the party, another character on switching between attacking and healing himself if he drops to a point where Super Nova will kill him, and have the last character have 4-Cut, and be hacking his brains out at Seph, and using Limits (again I recommend Cloud Omnislash is nice ). Whenever he uses Super Nova Remedy the entire party and use a Hyper on your attack. Assuming you have enough Items and you've boosted your HP high enough this'll easily take down Sephiroth although it will take longer then really needed.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 08-16-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've told this story a thousand times, but I think I realize what happened now.

The first time I beat the game, it was really easy fighting him. BUUUUUUT...my brother shut off the playstation before I saw the ending >:[

So, I load up the file again, AND I CAN'T DO IT! IT'S WAY TOO HARD! It's the same file, but it's soooo much harder than the first time!!!! Why???

The only difference was that when I fought Jenova the first time, I got Meteorain (I think that's what it's called >.>).

It makes a big difference, take it from me XD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Boko pretty much summed it up. Just try to have one healer who can restore alot of HP to everyone (Cure3-All) so when super nova goes down you can get yourself back up pretty quickly. Also Remedys might take too long so if a character's only big problem is confusion, that might take care of itself. Or it could spell disaster so it's up to you. Limits become what you should really utilize to the fullest but you probably already know that having played him. Remember don't be afraid to use up your elixers, x-potions, turbo ethers, and megalixers as you won't need them. Vincent might not be the best choice since his limit is uncontrollable (anyone know if this is to the end of battle or if it wears off?) and if you're also using Tifa you'll probably want vincent to Heal as Cloud should be your main damage-delaing character.

Unless you really want to beat the game now I would suggest going out and doing all the sidequests (don't gotta go as far as KOTR) becaues it's really worth it. The game's got alot to do and to not would kinda be cheating yourself out of the whole experience.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, KOTR is awesome, but soooooo not worth it >.<

I usually had one character with All-Restore, one with All-Haste, and one with All-Barrier and All-Heal (or whatever it was), and gave at least Cloud a Fury status.

Just Regen, Haste, and Wall the party (also Dispel Sephy, it'll be a lot easier). If you have the Ribbon, give it to the person with Barrier and Heal to make things easier n.n

...annnyway, those are the preparations I had...then I just slashed away n.n

Meteorain or Omnislash are fantastically awesome, btw. Things like 2x-Cut help too.

my partys about mid sixty level and last time i checked i had about 3 master all's (sold a few) the base fire bolt ice mastered ultima 2 cures 1 mastered barrier (not mastered) a lot of hp plus and 99 megaelixars.

i have done a few side quests like part one of wutai (yuffies hot but dont like her in battle) and a few other bits oh ya i got bahamut zero as well. bizzaro sephys always been a cake walk for me i just cant beat safer sephy.

ps i really cant be arsed getting omnislash but i have chaos most of tifas limits and everything up to finshing touch.
    The vertical limit is 250 pixels.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/45/132645.jpg[/IMG]
    Tommorows forecast a few sprinkles of genius with a high chance of (SPOILER)DOOM

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Chaos sucks.

There, I said it.
    You lose all control of your character for several turns (it does wear off Bolivar), the exact opposite thing you want in a battle. I beat the game at mid 50s quite easily, half asleep, and at 3AM in the morning, with PuPu yelling in my ear not to fall asleep or I'll die.

Yeah, it shouldn't be that much of a problem xD

I'd recommend you take Tifa, Cloud, and Red.

With 99 Megalixers you can basically just set your healer to constantly use Megalixers, in this case, I'd recommend Red does the healing, Tifa has Fury and uses 2-Cut/4-Cut, and of course bashes limits. Cloud uses Ultima, and if you have it, Meteorain. Do you have HP Pluses? If so give them all to Tifa until you have 9,999HP.

Banned

Sephy also has a set attack pattern. This might help, so here it is:

1. Wall
    2. Shadow Flare
    3. Physical Attack
    4. *Flies/Ascends higher* (This is not an attack, but it uses up one of his turns)
    5. Pale Horse
    6. Super Nova
    7. Break
    8. *Descends lower* (Again, it's the same as #4)
    9. DeSpell
    10. Deen
    11. Physical Attack
    12. *Ascends Higher* (Same as #4 and #8)
    13. Pale Horse
    14. Super Nova

After #14, he will repeat 7-14 until he dies.

From GameFAQs: Final Fantasy VII (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by Arctic

palehorse wtf does that do? never seen him use it.

and i have enought hp pluses to turn cloud into ruby weapon if not the the hp limit

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    palehorse wtf does that do? never seen him use it.

and i have enought hp pluses to turn cloud into ruby weapon if not the the hp limit
    Don't use them on Cloud first, make sure Tifa gets 9,999 HP and put her on Fury. The strategy I provided should win no sweat.

Banned

Pale Horse causes the character to be afflicted with every bad status in the game. You can prevent the statuses completely if you have the Ribbon accessory.

ok i think ive seen it now he always targets cloud who happens to have the ribbon on lol so its like grand cross from ff9? and confusion takes the piss i mean nothing that late in the game should need to resort to such low tacktiks.

and yes i know i cant spell and my grammar sucks but there you are live with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
    ok i think ive seen it now he always targets cloud who happens to have the ribbon on lol so its like grand cross from ff9? and confusion takes the piss i mean nothing that late in the game should need to resort to such low tacktiks.

and yes i know i cant spell and my grammar sucks but there you are live with it.
    No one has mentioned anything about grammar and spelling, calm the hell down buddy.

Then give Tifa the Ribbon, you want her to be attacked so her Limit gauge will fill anyway.

its a disclamer that i cant spell and grammar suck (adds to sig) ok so put all hp items and ribbon on tifa and limit his arse got it thanks and if that fails just meteor rain him with cloud right jst leaves ultimicaia on ff8 as the last boos i cant kill list oh well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh and one last thing, if Tifa now has the Ribbon, you should give her Esuna/whatever they call it this game, and pair it with All.

PS- Don't even get me into Ultimecia's ridiculous easiness.