Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How fast do you play through games?

Default How fast do you play through games?

Well, I know the answer to this question is very hard to get. In the summer, during school, if the game sucks. There are a ton of things that effect the outcome.

So, taking into account all those things, how fast do you play through games?

Generally, I play pretty darn slow. Currently, I am playing Xenosaga I and have 5:10. I have been playing for 3 days I think. That is pretry fast for me because I do find intrest in that game. However games like Enchanted Arms and FF VIII, I can rack up about 15 hours in a month. (Sorry FF VIII lovers, it doesn't seem to tickle my fancy.)

Games like DDR, however I play alot more than regular games. I have to move around alot or else I feel caged in or something wierd. Plus, DDR does have its advantages; I have lost some weight, AND I can show off infront of my friends.

Sorry, excuse my babbling, just answer the question people. Lol

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Usually I will play a game trough pretty quickly to see the ending. Then I like to take my time replaying the game and doing all of the sidequests and stuff.

I usually play an hour or two a day on days I feel like playing the game. So pretty slow.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

depends on the game, and what i got going on. a lot less lately because i work, and i dont really have any games i feel like playing right now.
    so i watch once upon a time in mexico pretty much every day, watch anime and play gta sa
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I guess pretty quickly. I've logged a lot of hours into games, about 5-7 a day. But I'm going back to collage soon and that number'll drop. Maybe.

I hate to rush through a game.Especially for games like Final fantasy i want to take my time and explore everything (exploration is what i like more in a game).

Depends on the game.

KH2, took me 2 days.

FFX, took me 2 months.

I've had Tales of the abyss since June and I'm still not finished even though I love it. D:

I go through them all insanely quick-like and need a good smacking. Blue Bear still isn't done with Abyss and I've beat it three times Dx

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Unless I've never played the game before then often I'll go fast enough to take in the storyline. I have a hatred of spoken dialogue however. For some reason it always seems to be a lot slower than what you'd see in a film, so I generally read the dialogue in the subtitles and skip past the actual speaking parts. If I have played the game before I'll often rush past dialogue and the bits of the game I don't like. For example recently replaying Kotor I pretty much stormed through Telos in order to get to the Jedi Academy and get my dual-lightsabres. Ah, good times.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I tend to play through the first parts of a video game fairly quickly, but my interest wanes more towards the end. Wild ARMs 3 is a good recent example. I am on Deus Ex Machina with about 18 hours of playtime, half of which was spent doing Millenium Puzzles, the first 10 Teleport Towers, discovering most of the map, and flying around in circles going "WHEEE" on Lombardia.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Depends when I can be arsed.

Mostly about 3-4 hours a day though.

I usually manage to complete games in a week. It sure takes longer if I want to do sideguests or acquire the secrets.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Articles
    Blog Entries

Depends on the game. other than RPG's I usually just mess around with them a little bit, might put it on the backburner for a few days and go back.

on RPG's it depends on the game. The older FF titles/Chrono Trigger/SNES era I usually get through them in about a week. For newer FF's/Xenosaga/ps/ps2 era I can really get into them for hours everyday and really immerse myself into their worlds.

If the random battles are getting annoying i'll rush through the dungeon, if not i like to explore and get all the treasure i can.

If I'm honest and truthful; depending on whether the game is bloody fantastic, I'll go super crazy and play like 5-8 hours worth of non-stop gaming, only for like 2 minute breaks every fifteen minutes - this usually happens when I'm bored or captivated in story. If the game is decent, then it's lucky to get half an hour of my time, if it's been played through several times, then I would estimate a fair five minutes. Big difference, huh?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.