Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing new scans and videos and love

Sweet!
    Can't wait to see more characters!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looks interesting enough. I'll never get it unless it comes to a console I already have, so it's all a bit irrelevant to me really.
    The character designs are interesting - the in-game graphics are familiar enough, but those 'realistic' CG artwork images are fairly outlandish. They seem to be quite big on the 'skinny men who look like girls' trend, which is a little unfortunate.
    I could go on a rant about the silly and illogical armour designs, but I won't - except to say that's weird that Rosa's wearing her armour under her bodice. I guess she doesn't mind getting a few calluses from having thick leather and steel rivets on bare skin.

Still, it looks like it'll be a great game. Seems that it'll have the extra atmosphere and immersion that was lacking in the original version, thanks to the advances in sound and graphics, but without divorcing itself from its origins. The new world map is a perfect example - it looks like the old one, but with beautiful colouring and landscape features. Same goes for all the familiar dungeons and castles, too.

There is no longer any excuse not to have a DS, D.

Christmas is coming up!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

And if a DS really is no your thing, but you're not afraid of emulation either, I can tell that it won't take years anymore before PCs will be able to run 3D DS games like these. Really, I was able to play the entire first dungeon of FF III DS via emulator, with only Luneth's hair missing some pieces and some lag during battles and very big lag during boss battle. Then I quit because my character was completely black on the world map and I couldn't save.

Really, a few more releases and no$gba will be able to run these DS FF games smoothly. But I didn't say anything.
    I don't really advise emulation anyway. It's a nice way to test games and all if you're unsure to buy them, but playing a game for real on the console it was intended to is always more fun. I've played the PS FFs on my PC (with real bought copies, no ISO's) because I had no choice (wasn't allowed a PS or PS2). Now that I have a PS3, it's much more fun to replay these games with the correct controller and all. I bet the same would count for playing DS games. But still, since some people don't like looking at tiny screens all the time...

About the gripes you have with the character designs, Big D, blame Amano. The CGI models are almost completely alike to Amano's drawing. Which is nice, IMHO.
    EDIT: Forgot to say, I have to admit this is the first time I consider Rosa to look beautiful. I mean, she's suposed to be Baron's beauty, and then the GBA port gave us that face portrait of her and... well... So, this character model of Rosa FTW.

EDIT2: Well, here are some more screenshots from the game. Nothing new, but they look a bit clearer (but small).
    Final Fantasy IV ouvre ses portes
    Last edited by Elpizo; 09-09-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Looks sweet! I can't decide if this one will be better than III, but I guess it impossible to do that, I haven't even played it yet... obviously

FFXIV Character

NEW SCAN! ANd this one shows CGI Rydia (Adult) and Yang!

Enjoy:

new DQIX / FFIV DS / ToI weekly Jump scans - NeoGAF

Is it me or does it looks like characters have new skills?

<3 RYDIA <3

Yeah it does seem a little like they have new skills...
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Yang took me by surprise, he's a lot lighter-skinned and less asian looking than I expected.

ACHOOOO!

Wow O_o

CGI Rydia looks.......well.........hot O_o

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I'm excited for IV.

Rydia...she took my breathe away...

And Yang looks ready to kick some smurfing ass!!!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

yay Rydia!!!! Her green hair looks so awesome xD I can't wait till this game comes out

Yang looks cool. Although it's kind of strange how he's blond instead of black haired now.

I knew everyone would be excited about seeing 3D Rydia...

I think you are right about the new skills Elpizo. Rosa and Rydia could never dual cast anything before. Also, Cecil could never do any music related attacks. Unless that was the Twin Harp in the screenshot.

FFXIV Character

The ability mystery is solved. Read:

Go Nintendo » Blog Archive » Final Fantasy IV DS - new gameplay element- What are you waiting for?

I personally see this as a good thing, since IV lacked a bit in the character customization department. But I can also see why people won't like this. Still, Rydia + Rosa performing 'Twin' = win.

I wonder if that means all the characters that 'die' in FFIV are going to stay dead.

You know, if everyone in the party inherits the Dragoon skill "Jump" that would really tarnish the game to a naught.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.