Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing new scans and videos and love

Blog Entries

Well, this certainly seems like something to look forward to! :o

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Palom and Porom lovers, you get some love, here's a screen of the twin (did I get their names right? I always mix em up, aargh):

FINAL FANTASY IV ้–‹็™บๅฎค: FFIVใฏใƒ‰ใƒฉใƒžใ‚’ๆฅฝใ—ใ‚€ใ‚‚ใฎใงใ‚ใ‚‹๏ผ

About the ability system, I do not believe everybody will be able to use Jump, for example. IV's story focusses characters with set jobs. I do believe the main characters (whic hI consider Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia and Edge because every version aside from IV Advance had those as the FInal Party) will inherit the abilities from the people who left. Maybe not all of them. But look at it like this:

If Palom and Porom and Golbez and FuSoYa can cast twin magic, why not Rydia and Rosa? Adding this ability to their command set is not a bad thing. SIng to Cecil's ability set is a bit more weird, I agree. But he's a Paladin, a sort of supporting knight or so. Using songs to power up his allies is not that strange or unheard of.

It's weird yes. But if you don't like it, I'm 99% sure this new ability system is optional. Don't let it ruin the entire gameplay section of IV DS for you. It's just that IV falls kind of short in the gameplay department IMHO. Becuase all you have to do was level up for new magic spells. Otehr jobs only had one unique ability or so. In IX, also with set jobs, you had unique commands with plenty of abilities and support abilities you could use. IV really only has the ATB going for it, some things to change it all a bit might be welcome. I'm not saying IV was bad, not at all, just saying it just might turn out to be a nice addition. And again, don't like it, don't use it. I doubt SE would force you to use this system.

I understand people like party switching more perhaps, but the only version of all 6 version released up until now was IV Advance. And while it was cool, it collided a bit with the story. The story sets Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa and Edge against Zemus and the others to support them. I felt switching was a bit out of place.

Ah, I'm ranting again, my apologies. I just want to avoid "Square Enix you ruined the entire IV DS gameplay department now!" posts here. One forum to have these is bad enough. Certainly because the system is (probably) optional.

I haven't really been following the development of this game closely, unlike Dragon Quest IV, which is my most favorite RPG ever. Now I wish I did. Rosa and Yang are my most favorite characters in the game, so seeing them in all of their 3D glory makes me happy. Cecil, unfortunately, looks far too feminine for my tastes, which is a crying shame since I really like him as a main character.

I will more than likely get this game when it comes out (then again, I said the same for FFIV Advance).

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well these screenshots and info prove I'm definetly going to pick up this game. Is it sad that I'm looking forward to this more than any of SE's other projects?

The new skill system is intriguing though I'm going to say that it's probably going to be limited. I think Elpizo is right to think that the final parties skills are not inheritable but I'm going to take a step further and say that not all character skills will be inheritable (i.e. Hide, Cry, Bluff, Dark Wave, and Recall). I just wonder if we'll get some new magic and skills. Perhaps a few extra Twin magic spells...

I'm now curious to see what the summons look like but mostly, I want to see the bad guys. Where's my Elemental Fiends and Golbez fully CGI pictures?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't heard any details, but adding in a new ability system seems like a good move. IV's gameplay is terribly outdated for RPGs and I think if they made something kind of like IX it could work really well. Also I hope the expansion of the story is significant since you'll need time to develop abilities and last time I completed IV in about 17 hours. I'm really looking forward to this game, it reminds me that I need to get a job lol.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I haven't heard any details, but adding in a new ability system seems like a good move. IV's gameplay is terribly outdated for RPGs and I think if they made something kind of like IX it could work really well. Also I hope the expansion of the story is significant since you'll need time to develop abilities and last time I completed IV in about 17 hours. I'm really looking forward to this game, it reminds me that I need to get a job lol.
    I agree. I love IV, but if it's going to compete from a game play standpoint it needs to evolve. Though I don't think IV's new skill system will be very deep, I believe it should be enough to appease the newer fans who are used to having some level of customization.

I am curious to know if their might be class restrictions... somehow I don't see Rydia or Rosa making use of Yang's skills. Nor can I imagine the game allowing Paladin Cecil to be able to use Black Magic (or heaven forbid his Dark Wave attack).

Gameplay sounds intriguing, but personally I'm still more psyched about the new scenario. I recently purchased a copy of FFIV Advance and like the rest of the Advance series, the new localization has really changed the game for the better.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm now curious to see what the summons look like but mostly, I want to see the bad guys. Where's my Elemental Fiends and Golbez fully CGI pictures?
    Wouldn't you rather have a few surprises to look forward to? The game's new features and improvements won't be all that interesting if we know all of them before it even comes out.

Check this scan here

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4d...da/ff4ds14.jpg

Who are those little white dudes?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Check this scan here

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff4d...da/ff4ds14.jpg

Who are those little white dudes?
    Your link doesn't seem to work, so just in case, I uploaded the 2 new scans on my maj gallery as well:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Elpizo/FF...ewscan1go8.jpg

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Elpizo/FF...ewscan2tq1.jpg

But the white dudes? No idea.

I'm confused about the view of battle. So how will it be? Side view like traditional game? Back view, like in III DS? Both?

But it still looks good, and the clearer pictures of Rydia in-game make me happy. Looks better now that I see it in better detail.

EDIT: I think the second scan shows Edge in the bottom-left sreenshot.

EDIT2: GASP! Seems like there's a release date in those scans. Apparently the game is to be released on 20 december.
    Last edited by Elpizo; 09-18-2007 at 07:13 PM.

You can see Rydia standing before Bahamut's throne--neat.
    Sigless

The little white dudes are called Pooshka, I heard.

And yeah, December 20th in Japan. Still no word on a NA or Europe release.

And if you look closely at Yang, you can see he has smilies on his pants. xD

I didn't notice that... my eyes were glued on Rydia.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Takara View Post
    The little white dudes are called Pooshka, I heard.
    I thought those were those Calbrena Doll things...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

FFXIV Character

A guy on gamespot translated the scan with those white things as good a he could. I'll quote what he translated:

TRANSLATED EXCERPT
    of scan unveiling the Poochika
    http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7...ewscan2tq1.jpg

Area below Rydia with Pink-and Red Heading
    ——————————————————————————————————————————
    Enigmatic New Life Forms?!
    “POOCHIKA”!!

Main Text: Have mysterious new characters that look like children’s lucky-charm dolls* been born?! They seem similar to Summoned Monsters, but can it be that you can draw their faces, attach abilities, and otherwise customise them?!

Poochika to Right of Heading: We aren’t Moogles, y’know!
    * Tera-tera bouzu are said to bring good weather if hung up under a house’s eaves; this superstition originated in China (source: Japanese Wikipedia article).

Screen showing Father Poochika addressing Cecil
    In-Game Text: We are the race known as the Poochika. If you identify a flower bud* with us, we can take the form of various Summoned Beasts.

Text to the Left: Assuming that they’re Summoned Beasts, whether or not they participate in Rydia’s Summoning magic is on our minds right now. At best, they don’t look to be particularly strong, but …?
    * I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Battle Screen
    Edge’s Command List: Fight / Steal / Throw / Ninjutsu / Item

Yellow Writing and Arrow pointing to Poochika: Can it be … that they fight alongside you?!

I get the feeling I really stuffed up that in-game screen. Flower buds? Huh? Since the Poochika themselves are meant to resemble a children’s doll, maybe there’s some kind of link.

Did anyone saw how SE spell 'Kain' in the scan as 'Cain'?