Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF XII International Zodiac Job System License Grid Translations and other info

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Where in gods name does it tell you which Zodiac sign is attributed to which jobs? I've yet to find anything that mentions anything. Sorry if it turns out to be blatanly obvious.
    Look at my post after Amundusias's post. It has an attached file all the way at the bottom showing the zodiac signs

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Where in gods name does it tell you which Zodiac sign is attributed to which jobs? I've yet to find anything that mentions anything. Sorry if it turns out to be blatanly obvious.
    Look at my post after Amundusias's post. It has an attached file all the way at the bottom showing the zodiac signs
    Thanks!

A Breaker huh... yeah, I wish they had chosen jobs for the Zodiac a little better.

So have they actually added anything significant to this game beyond fixing a few balancing issues that should have been fixed for the original version anyway? Compared to other international editions of SE games, this one seems like a ludicrous waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    So have they actually added anything significant to this game beyond fixing a few balancing issues that should have been fixed for the original version anyway? Compared to other international editions of SE games, this one seems like a ludicrous waste of money.
    Do you consider Trial Mode, Weak Mode, and Strong Mode significant?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

Boss rushes are pretty standard features. It would depend if there were any new bosses in there.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm seriously tempted to buy swap magic and this game, 'cause I'd also be able to get KHII:FM+.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I'm seriously tempted to buy swap magic and this game, 'cause I'd also be able to get KHII:FM+.
    It's well worth it IMO. It blows the original out of the water.

Boss rushes are pretty standard features. It would depend if there were any new bosses in there.
    Well, in the 100th level of Trial Mode, you get to fight all 5 Judges if you want to consider that new. You couldn't fight 2 of them in the main story IIRC.

Strong Mode is new game+, where you start off at Level 90, however you must get all licenses, weapons, etc. again. Weak mode, you don't get any experience AT ALL.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Do the characters wear different outfits depending on the job? That would be one of the reasons I'd wanna get this tbh XD

Also Leo is a Knight? Bleh I get the boring one.

EDIT: This won't come out in Europe anyway I need to calm down.
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Do the characters wear different outfits depending on the job? That would be one of the reasons I'd wanna get this tbh XD
    No. Appearance doesn't change

EDIT - A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that the hidden Necrohol of Nabudeus merchant's location has been changed and I even provided a video. So here's a pic of the exact location of that hidden merchant. Also, in that little room, is the location of the Ensanguined Shield, which is a 3% chest spawn.

Last edited by Crossblades; 07-13-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

is this game on the PS2??? i'm confused on whether to go for the RWV or this one.... waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! i seem to have more affection and love for this game than RW but i still love both of 'em...
    hmmmmmmmmm
    is this one released PAL??????????
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????
    :mog: :mog:

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

Quote Originally Posted by gudkid View Post
    is this game on the PS2??? i'm confused on whether to go for the RWV or this one.... waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! i seem to have more affection and love for this game than RW but i still love both of 'em...
    hmmmmmmmmm
    is this one released PAL??????????

Yes, it's on the PS2, but it's Japan exclusive

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

:weep:
    :kaocry:
    :kaocry2:
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

I've been going back and forth with whether or not to buy this game...I know all of the extras and stuff...so this thread was nothing new. The biggest con I have against it is the same most non-Japanese fans have: that the LBs, quotes, gameplay, etc. is ALLLL in Japanese. :S That's just too much for me. Still...it would be worth it on some points even with the lacking translation. Why o why couldn't they just throw in an option the way they did in X: International? = \]

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoniamalive View Post
    I've been going back and forth with whether or not to buy this game...I know all of the extras and stuff...so this thread was nothing new. The biggest con I have against it is the same most non-Japanese fans have: that the LBs, quotes, gameplay, etc. is ALLLL in Japanese. :S That's just too much for me. Still...it would be worth it on some points even with the lacking translation. Why o why couldn't they just throw in an option the way they did in X: International? = \]

EXACTLY!
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

Couple of posts ago, I provided a list of where to find some Magicks and Teckniks(remember, some Magicks and Teckniks can no longer be bought in this version). I'm gonna provide the same list, but this time I'm put pics of the locations, courtesy of Red_Scarlet from the gamefaqs forums.

Teckniks Locations
    1000 Needles - Sochen Cave Palace(Must solve Waterfall puzzle)

Achilles - Garamysthe Waterway

Addle - Barheim Passage

Bonecrusher - Henne Mines

Charm - Salikawood

Gil Toss - Draklor Lab, Pharos Subterra

Expose - Lhusu Mines

Infuse - Leviathan, Sandsea

Numerology - Lhusu Mines

Revive - Paramina Rift

Shades of Black - Tomb of Raithwall

Shear - Henne Mines

Sight Unseeing - Zertinian Caverns

Stamp - Mosphoran Highwaste

Telekinesis - Cerobbi Steppe

Wither - BF3 Pharos Subterra

Magicks Locations
    Ardor - Pharos Lighthouse

Balance - Sandsea

Blind - Giza Plains

Blindga - Tchita Uplands

Bravery - Necrohol of Nabudis

Cleanse - Cerobbi Steppe

Countdown - Tomb of Raithwall

Death - Paranima Rift

Dispel - Tomb of Raithwall

Dispelga - Feywood

Faith - Necrohol of Nabudis

Flare - Pharos Lighthouse

Float - Tchita Uplands

Haste - Eryut Village

Hastega - Great Crystal

Holy - Pharos Lighthouse

Poison - Dalmasca Estersand

Protectga - Necrohol of Nabudis

Reflect - Sandsea

Reflectga - Feywood

Regen - Giza Plains, Tchita Uplands

Renew - Henne Mines

Scathe - Lhusu Mines

Shellga - Great Crystal

Silence - Dalmasca Estersand, Lhusu Mines

Silencega - Necrohol of Nabudis

Sleep - Draklor Lab, Sandsea

Sleepga - Giruvegan

Toxic - Barheim Passage

Vanish - Tomb of Raithwall

Warp - Nabreus Deadlands
    Last edited by Crossblades; 07-13-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"