Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF XII International Zodiac Job System License Grid Translations and other info

Default FF XII International Zodiac Job System License Grid Translations and other info

For those who are planning to play this recently released JP exclsusive version of FF XII, Gamefaqs have already translated the License Boards for each job and you can use this for reference. Keep in mind though, that once you pick a job for a certain character, you have to stick with it throughout the entire game.

Archer
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Archer) by sephirosuy

Black Mage
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Black Mage) by sephirosuy

Breaker
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Breaker) by sephirosuy

Knight
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Knight) by sephirosuy

Machinist
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Machinist) by sephirosuy

Monk
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Monk) by sephirosuy

Red Mage
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Red Mage) by sephirosuy

Samurai
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Samurai) by sephirosuy

Shikari
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Shikari) by sephirosuy

Time Mage
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Time Mage) by sephirosuy

Uhlan
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (Uhlan) by sephirosuy

White Mage
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (PS2) License Board (White Mage) by sephirosuy

And here is the list of Magicks Licenses I got from the gamefaqs forums. You'll notice that some magicks have been placed into a different school of magick.

White Magic
    1 Cure Blindna
    2 Vox Poisona
    3 Protect Shell
    4 Cura Raise
    5 Dispel Stona
    6 Curaga Regen
    7 Cleanse Esuna
    8 Confuse Faith
    9 Bravery Curaja
    10 Dispega Arise
    11 Holy Esunaga
    12 Protectga Shellga
    13 Renew

Black Magic
    1 Fire Thunder
    2 Blizzard Blind
    3 Aqua Silence
    4 Aero Sleep
    5 Fira Poison
    6 Thundara Blizzara
    7 Bio Blindga
    8 Aeroga Silencega
    9 Firaga Thundaga
    10 Blizzaga Sleepga
    11 Shock Toxify
    12 Scourge Flare
    13 Scathe

Time Magic
    1 Slow Immobilize
    2 Reflect Disable
    3 Vanish Balance
    4 Gravity Haste
    5 Stop Bleed
    6 Break Countdown
    7 Float Berserk
    8 Vanshga Warp
    9 Reflectga Slowga
    10 Graviga Hastega

Green Magic
    1 Decoy Oil
    2 Drain Reverse
    3 Bubble Syphon

Arcane Magic
    1 Dark Darkra
    2 Death Darkga
    3 Ardor

Also, some Magicks can no longer be bought, but found in chests. Here's a list of where to find them. Oh, and this versions chests no longer hold random treasure

Dispel - Tomb of Raithwall
    Regen - Giza Plains (Rain)
    Faith - Necrohol of Nabudis
    Bravery - Necrohol of Nabudis
    Dispelga - Feywood, White Magick's Embrace
    Holy - Pharos 35F
    Esunaga - Necrohol of Nabudis, Secret Shop, available during end-game
    Protectga - Necrohol of Nabudis
    Shellga - Ancient City of Giruvegan, Great Crystal at XIV
    Renew - Henne Mines, one of the Special Charter areas
    Silence - Dalmasca Estersand, Yardang Labyrinth
    Poison - Dalmasca Estersand, Banks of the Nebra
    Blindga - Tchita Uplands
    Silencega - Necrohol of Nabudis
    Scourge - Barheim Passage Shop
    Flare - Pharos 81F
    Scathe - Lhusu Mine, map before 2nd Gilgamesh
    All Green Magics - Clan Shop
    Reflect - Ogir-Yensa Sandsea
    Balance - Nam-Yensa Sandsea, Demesne of the Sandqueen
    Haste - Eruyt Village
    Countdown - Stilshrine of Miriam
    Float - Tchita Uplands, Oliphzak Rise
    Reflectga - The Feywood, the Edge of Reason
    Hastega - Great Crystal, the chest that used to contain Zodiac Escutcheon
    Ardor - Pharos 81

Also to get the Yagyuo Darkblade, you can find it in a chest in Sirhru Jilaam Pratii'vaa section of Great Crystal (past Waystone XIV).

And here's a new method of obtaining the Zodiac Spear

#1 - Complete Draklor Laboratory
    #2 - Hunt down first Trophy Rare Game foe Thalassinon for Huntmaster at [Phon Coast / Hunters' Camp] and give Shelled Trophy to him
    #3 - Start hunting down 30 other Trophy Rare Game enemies that have spawned over Ivalice
    #4 - When you claim their trophies, bring them back here and trade majority of them to Atak
    #5 - Shifty-Eyed Man's store will update depending on how many and who you give trophies to
    #6 - You can talk to Huntmaster and ask about how many trophies you gave to whom
    #7 - Talk to Huntmaster once all 30 trophies have been dispersed - if Atak won, your reward is ZODIAC SPEAR

All this info is from the Gamefaqs forums
    Last edited by Crossblades; 07-13-2008 at 03:09 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Very cool! Did you buy it ?
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Very cool! Did you buy it ?
    Not yet. All the info I posted I got from the Gamefaqs. Hopefully I'll purchase this along with swap magic sometime in the next few weeks

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Awww... I was hoping they would have Weapon Skills ._.~

Oh well .___.

The flightless pegasus Amundusias's Avatar

Did the put in a new way to get into Barheim even if you sold the Serpent Skin?

The Purity of Pokemon.

I heard almost all of the Gambits are available from the start now, too. That would make magic much more viable, as many of the magic-related Gambits didn't pop-up until the game was already over.

I wish I could play this. I tried forcing myself into jobs, but my willpower is not up to the task. I need the game to do it for me, blargh! :sophia:

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Amundusias View Post
    Did the put in a new way to get into Barheim even if you sold the Serpent Skin?
    You can still get to Barheim if you sell the skin, you just get a lower quality prize from Dantro's wife
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Thank you for clearing that up!

By the way, what is a Shikari and an Uhlan? Is that what they call ninja/thieves and dragoons in this game?
    Last edited by Amundusias; 08-19-2007 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Wierd code appeared

The Purity of Pokemon.

Thank you for clearing that up!

By the way, what is a Shikari and an Uhlan? Is that what they call ninja/thieves and dragoons in this game?
    Ya

Although shikari is considered more of a hunter

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Does the grid start where it says Battle Command?

The Purity of Pokemon.

Does the grid start where it says Battle Command?
    Yeah

Btw, since you can now control guest characters now and change their gambits, etc, here is a list of Tecknicks and Magicks they come with

Larsa
    Shades of Black
    Telekinesis
    Cure
    Cura
    Aqua
    Balance
    Bubble

Vossler
    Souleater
    Traveler
    Expose
    Wither
    Telekinesis
    Balance

Reddas
    Telekinesis
    Bonecrusher
    1000 Needles
    Holy
    Arise

Here is some more info. Remember the Hidden merchant in the Necrohol of Nabudeus? His location has been changed now and he sells more items now. Check it out in this video.

YouTube - FFXII International - Baknamy Merchant in Necrohol

And here is another video on where you could farm Phoenix Downs early in the game

YouTube - FFXII international - Phoenix Down Chest Early

And another video where you can farm Hi-Potions early in the game

YouTube - FFXII International - P. Down Hi-Potion Early

And here a video on how you can get an Embroidered Trippet early in the game

YouTube - FF12 -IZJS- Embroidered Tippet Chest (Earliest)

EDIT - Here is even more info. In this version, some Tecknicks can no longer be bought, so here are the locations where some Teckniks can be found.

Revive - Paramina Rift - Spine of the icewyrm
    Magick Attack Break : Henne mines - special charter shaft
    Magick Defense Break : Barheim passage - Zeviah span
    Power Break - Pharos Subterra B3F Northwest room, in the last big room after the door. If the chest isn't in the middle of the room exit & reenter.
    Shades of Black - Tomb Of Raithwall
    Gil Toss – Draklor Lab, floor 70, room 7002 East on the east side of the corridor
    Defense Break/Expose - Lhusu mines, one of the 2 large zones where there are several chests, not the zone with the save before 2nd Gilgamesh fight

Also, here is an attachment of Zodiac Signs that goes with each job, so you guys wouldn't have a problem selecting jobs for your characters
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Crossblades; 07-13-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Pardon the double post

There's actually a second method to obtaining the Zodiac Spear in this version. It's located in the Henne Mines. The arrow on this map is it's location. It's a 1% chest spawn though

And here is some info on the Espers. Besides the fact that you can now control them and change their Gambits, there also has been some Esper ability additions/changes in this version. Here is a list of what has been added or changed:

Belias: Cura, Fira

Mateus: Blizzara

Addramelech: Cura instead of Curaga

Zalera: Cura, Warp, Death, instead of Shock and Holy. Condemnation is now random damage up to target's remaining HP?

Shemhazai: Curaja, Shock

Hashmal: Curaja, Graviga

Exodus: Curaja, Ardor

Zeromus: Curaja, Scourge

Cuchulainn: Bio

Chaos: Renew, seems to have lost all other spells except Aeroga

Famfrit: Renew

Ultima: Holy and Renew, lost Flare

Zodiark: Renew, Scathe/Collapse, and Hastega
    Last edited by Crossblades; 07-13-2008 at 03:20 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Also, here is an attachment of Zodiac Signs that goes with each job, so you guys wouldn't have a problem selecting jobs for your characters
    Urghh! I HATE the way they assigned the jobs to the Zodiac signs! They make NO sense! When I heard they were doing this, I thought they were going to use traditional astrological principles to determine and interpret which jobs go with which sign/personality. I guess they didn't though. 'Cause I mean, Virgo would SO be a White Mage if they did it the way I thought. And Aquarius would be the Machinist, and Aries the Knight etc.
    Last edited by Dynast-Kid; 10-15-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Here is a list of how to get rare weapons, armor, and accesorries, courtesy of gamefaqs.

Tournesol : Same recipe as in the original
    Danjuro : Steal from Soul of Chaos
    Danjuro F : Drop from Larva eater
    Sagittarius A : Same as regular Sagittarius in the original
    Sagittarius : Steal from Luxxolid
    Zodiac spear : Henne mines 1% chance chest / Give 30 trophies to Atak at the hunt club / 10 trophies to each of the bangaas, buy for 999999gil.
    Zodiac shield : 10 trophies to each of the bangaas at the hunt club, buy together with ZS for 999999gil
    Dragon Whisker L : Drop from Evil Spirit
    Durandal : Drop from Velelu
    Durandal A : 1 Leschach Halcyon, 3 Lifewick, 4 Ringwyrm scale
    Excalibur : Zone where you fight Ultima
    Yagyu Darkblade : Old Excalibur chest from the original / Drop from Bombshell
    Masamune : Chest in the zone where you fight Gilgamesh for the second time
    Masamune F : Same recipe as masamune in the original
    Orochi : Chest in Lhusu mines
    Orochi N : Same recipe as Orochi in the original
    Whale Whisker : Chest in Lhusu mines, shaft 6, pot at the very top of the room, in a secret part of the room. No Diamond Armlet required
    Whale Whisker N : Same recipe as Whale whisker in the original
    Fomalhaut : Chest in Henne mines (No DA) / Chest in Cerobi Steppe (with DA, very rare)
    Grand Armor : Chest in Henne mines / Drop from Helvinek / Chest in Cerobi Steppe (with DA, very rare)
    Grand Helm : Chest in Henne mines / Drop from Tower / Chest in Cerobi Steppe (with DA, very rare)
    Maximillian : Chest in Lhusu mines / Drop from Elvoret in Necrohol
    Magepower Shishak : Chest in Lhusu mines.
    Brave Suit : Chest in Henne mines / Chest in Cerobi steppe (with DA, very rare)
    Ribbon : Chest in Henne mines / Drop drom Vishno

The 3 uber rare equipment :
    Saitengrat (bow) : Chest on airship float deck, 1% chance pop + invicible
    Trango Tower (1h sword): Steal from Zodiark (rare) / chest in Pharos Subterra B3F SE Room, last big room,1 % chance pop
    Gendarme (shield): Chest on the same spot as Excalibur, 1% chance pop

Bubble Belt
    - Reward of Antlion mob
    - Feywood, second section from Giruvegan
    - Subterra B3F North-West (random)

And here's a 2nd list of where you can find other Techkniks:

Stamp -Mosphora Highwaste - Rays of ashen light - You have to raise a floatweed to get to this chest
    Sight Unseeing - Zertinan Caverns - Canopy of Clay
    Charm - Salikawood - Quitened Trace
    Bone Crusher - Henne mines - Phase 1 Dig
    Telekinesis - Cerobi Steppe - Old Elanise road
    1000 Needles - Sochen Cavepalace - Mirror of the soul
    Numerology - Lhusu mines - Transitway 1
    Last edited by Crossblades; 10-01-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Where in gods name does it tell you which Zodiac sign is attributed to which jobs? I've yet to find anything that mentions anything. Sorry if it turns out to be blatanly obvious.