Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leveling 80+? 90+?

Default Leveling 80+? 90+?

what are the best areas for these levels? thanks.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Three little words: Henne Mines Extension.

uhg i have been leveling there but i hate it =/

Contributions

Pharos Subterra has high-level enemies, but I'd advise sticking to the side rooms; the enemies in the central ring are pretty unrelenting.

Also the Crystal Core works well, but it's hard to get in and out of.

meh my main party is 96 97 97, ill just finish up in henne. thanks =)

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Top levels of Giruvegan ? Henne is better but Giruvegan is prettier.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Is there a reason why there are no high level enemies in the game at the end besides bosses? It's hard to get up to Level 99 or am I missing something?

I think this was mentioned before and I think these were the nominations...

Henne mines special area
    Lhusu mines special area
    Pharos subterra
    Giruvegan Great Crystal

Somebody posted about Nabreus Deadlands and Necrohol of Nabudis but those enemies are much weaker, not sure why they posted that.

I'm at level 59-60 right now(Yay!) For levelling up to level 67, are those the best places? Is there anything I should know as well?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

"Where is my pants...?" Dirufan's Avatar

The best place that I've found, AND the most reliable is The Great Crystal II. When you get in there, take Saggitarius Gate two. Go right, and you'll have a neverending spawn of Necrofiends or whatever. They kill for 2500 xp, and you can create major chains of them, because the spawn is random. Plus, Once you get a chain of 256 of them, you can (SPOILER)try to kill the Larva Eater that spawns at the nearest waystone and get the Danjuro, the most powerful dagger in the game.

Do you believe in time travel?

I'm also looking for a place to level up.
    My main team is lv 70-72,and i just got some good beating by Dimsa and Diabolos at Lhusu Mines...(they are both VERY annoying when they have very little energy left)
    The problem is that atm i can't have access to the Henne mines area you all seem to suggest,so i think i'll try Giruvegan or Pharos.

Btw,is there a strategy to beat Disma (i don't have holy atm)or just need to level up?

Contributions

You have to have at least 10 Espers before the Elder Yugelo unlocks Henne Mines extension for you. Which means you have to complete the required boss fights at Pharos first.

I did a lot of leveling in Lhusu Mines extension up until that point.

I found that boss and mark fights become a lot easier with an HP healing Gambit connected to X-Potions. Generally keep up with Protect, Shell, Haste, Brave and Bubble. With good timing you can swap in equipment to block/absorb status ailments or elemental damage before it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    You have to have at least 10 Espers before the Elder Yugelo unlocks Henne Mines extension for you. Which means you have to complete the required boss fights at Pharos first.

I did a lot of leveling in Lhusu Mines extension up until that point.

I found that boss and mark fights become a lot easier with an HP healing Gambit connected to X-Potions. Generally keep up with Protect, Shell, Haste, Brave and Bubble. With good timing you can swap in equipment to block/absorb status ailments or elemental damage before it hits.
    Oh,ok then.
    I think i'll level up at Lhusu/Giruvegan,go to Pharos and then continue leveling in henne mines.
    And yes,i agree about the X-Potions.Curaga-ja takes a lot of time to cast it.

Contributions

Generally I use a Curaga healing Gambit for regular foes, X-Potion for bosses. That's once X-Potions are easily obtainable at stores.

X-potions are useless later on until you have around 700+ MP. I would set Curaja gambit for only one person in a party of three, also Hastega for one person, and Esunaga. The essentials are obviously the usual buffs, such as; Bravery, Bubble, Protect and Shell (I never really have to use the last two) Best leveling up spot is the Pithead Junction in the Henne Mines Extension area - 20 bats will appear, one kill = 3100 EXP x 2 w/embroided Tippet = 6200 per kill x 20 = 124,000 EXP, it's easy to shift screens to get them to respawn, with no encounters from other monsters, exit only twice then comeback. Only need three gambits, four if necessary; Foe- Undead : Cast Sleepga ---- Foe- Sleep : Cast Curaja
    ----- Ally - Cast Bubble (Before you pull the lever and haste up party, also definitely make sure you cast Faith on everyone in party)

Takes around one hour to level up 10 levels at lvl - 77+, but still good leveling.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Henne Mines extension is great EXP.
    And in the Great Crystal as you get deeper in, and more lost also, the enemies are great exp.
    And in the Subterra, if you have proper gambits set up, since the enemies seem to be endless it's a real quick way to get up there in levels.

Great info on the pithead junction in henne mines extension!

People keep mentioning Lhusu mines, Henne mines, Great Crystal(Giruvegan), and Pharos Subterra, but which is best and what is the pros and cons for each and what level should you be at to level up in each of those?

Please give me specific info on this, and any levelling tricks there are. Thank!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008