Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is VII really the best???

Default Is VII really the best???

Your views?

I enjoyed the story and length of 8 more.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Why is this in the FFXII forum?

I liked FFT the best.

Banned

It is the most overrated FF ever. Many people I have seen like it because it was their first FF they ever played. And the fact that it is so overrated makes people fail to see that it is actually the worst FF ever made.

Why is it the worst? Well, it was supposed thought to be a "revolutionary" game by many people, since it was the first ever FF in 3D. Though it just didn't give what was expected. The graphics were poor and they could have done a better job in my opinion, since FF8 came with much more improved graphics later. There's also the usage of four characters went down to three, which is ironic since FF7 was so much easier than other FF's before it. Not to mention Sephiroth was such a mediocre villain. Basically, I'm saying it is bad because it was supposed to be a huge change in FF, but I didn't think it really improved much.
    Last edited by PuPu; 08-21-2007 at 04:01 PM.

FFVII is very good IMO. But not a patch on FFIX.

Its not quite as good as FFXII or X either in terms of enjoyment, but that's mainly because of the limited capabilities of the graphics.

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

I like it a lot, except for the graphics >_<, but I think VI and IX (so far) are better.

I think it is. It had such a huge impact on the gaming world and nobody is gonna come on here and say they weren't genuinely upset by the biggest death scene in video game history!
    I really liked VI too but VII offered me more. VIII ran it close (great story, characters, graphics to die for and longevity without getting into overkill) but the junction system made me angry. A LOT. IX was great fun but was way to easy. X was just a fabulous game. Probably my second favourite. XII was a big chunk of fun but I thought the characters weren't as good as previous games. It felt kinda like a Star Wars game (with a really hot wookie).
    I will never be a memory.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sephireland View Post
    nobody is gonna come on here and say they weren't genuinely upset by the biggest death scene in video game history!
    That just made me laugh so hard. Galuf's death and General Leo's death were so much better.

General Leo? Really!!? To each his/her own I guess. Might be a good idea for a vote thread?
    I will never be a memory.

Shouldn't this of been moved, already.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I prefer twelve. but i won't deny that VII is a kickass game. probably one of the best ever made
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

No.

Not at all.

Fanboy best, yes.

Best? no.

Not at all.

Never say that again.

I will cast Ultima on you.

But it is a pretty good game overall. I liked it.

I perfer VI and IX and IV. And V, too.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by sephireland View Post
    nobody is gonna come on here and say they weren't genuinely upset by the biggest death scene in video game history!
    I can.

I've only cried once, and that was after seeing Galuf's death, good night sweet prince.

Anyways. Not the best, not at all, but, not the worst, FFVIII takes that by far.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

VII is ass.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The best what? Game? FF? Definitely the best Final Fantasy title, and would definitely be a contender for best game.

FFVII is my Favourite but not the best, i dont consider any Final Fantasy the best because they are all brilliant in their own way.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?