Thread: Pumpkin Crisis!

Pumpkin Crisis!

Hello. I haven't visited for a while. I have a small problem... Here goes...

Okay, so I accidently overwrote my game months ago, and I had levels into the 70's. In my new game, I am in the late 60's now, and am traveling in ice field of Feywood for the first time. I crushed all the enemies in the field, left and returned to look for the five little veggie demons previously fought in Sochen. To my ghastly surprise, these beasties were over level 70! They were never so in my last game. Why are they more powerful now, as opposed to the level 40+ bunch in my last game? Are there some mechanics in the game that can explain this? Attached is the mentioned pumpkin. (Well, stats anyway)

Yours,
    Glitch
    Attached Images Attached Images

.:A glitch in time saves few:.

Banned

Once the Mandragoras appear in the Ice Field of Clearsight in the The Feywood, you have to QUICKLY find them. The reason they are that high leveled is because as long as they don't notice your presence, they use a skill called Mystery Waltz which increases their levels. The first time I had fought them in The Feywood (at level 50), they were level 99.

So that it why you have to QUICKLY find them. But if they are hitting you too hard, you can always just use the neat trick of Oil+Firaga/Ardor to quickly kill them.

Grin *Relief*

Ah! Thank you! I was a little scared when they took out each character with only one hit. I managed to run though. Now that I think of it, I managed to find them through all the mist by this blue glow they were giving off... Must have been the Mystery Waltz. You had it way harder than I did, I see.

Thanks again. I'll find them more quickly this time!

~Glitch

.:A glitch in time saves few:.

"Where is my pants...?" Dirufan's Avatar

I always used them as a sign that the Behemoth King is ready to be fought when it was time to do that hunt. :P

Do you believe in time travel?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll make a salad out of them!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Came back to an old game after a few years & been having exactly the same grief...again, during Behemoth King hunt. I usually find them quite swiftly (seems I have to leave the Ice Field after whacking everything else then go back in and they show up right away), but they KO my entire party (Lv 60-70) before I can draw, even with Hastega on everyone. Tried luring one or two away from the pack, but even alone they are pretty fiesty. Hate 'em! Will try Oil+Ardor -if I ever get the chance...
    Thanks for the idea, anyhow.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Nice necro!

What was the name of that one hunt up on Bhujerba in the mines? Was it just Antlion or King Antlion? I was so pissed the first few times I tried to fight it, but then I figured out I could hit it early with a string of Quickenings and get rid of it's little minions before it could eat them and get super badass on me. Actually, I don't remember if I figured it out or learned it somewhere else, but the fact is that it was frustrating.