Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii get!

it comes with wiisports right? what more do ya need

I've beaten Twilight Princess and borrowed Paper Mario from one of my friends. They're both great, but Twilight Princess is in a league of its own. If you're deciding between the two, go with Twilight Princess.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Super Paper Mario, Twilight Princess, and Resident Evil 4 are good I heard.

Yellow Winged Angel

The big games for Wii so far are: Zelda: TP, Super paper mario, Wii sports, and Wii Play I think. I think Mario Party 8 may be popular and Metroid Prime 3 is coming out also.

Go to vgchartz.com look under usa weekly video game sales charts and look in chronological order each week the Wii has been out for the top selling Wii games.

metacritic.com/games and gamerankings.com give you great reviews, averages of critical reviews and user votes
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    In my eyes, Twilight Princess is the only must-have game on the Wii at this point.
    Twilight Princess is fantastic. I've been playing it nonstop since I bought a Wii this month. Once I get some more money invested, I wanna get Pokémon Battle Revolution and SSBB when it comes out.

PBR reviews are not too high if I remember right, check on metacritic.com/games and gamerankings.com

I want a Wii! Maybe in the Spring after I'm done with Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. There aren't any console rpg's coming out next spring that I'm really interested in. I have interest in handheld rpg's coming out but I don't wanna buy a DS or PSP I think.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Extra note, WarioWare>>>>>Mario Party.
    QFT
    Yes, this is a great game, though really short. The other ones all ha things to unlock by beating the mini games x number of times in a row on increasing difficulties and speeds. This one takes that out, for some reason. At least the multiplayer is fun. And you only need one Wiimote.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    PBR reviews are not too high if I remember right, check on metacritic.com/games and gamerankings.com

I want a Wii! Maybe in the Spring after I'm done with Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect. There aren't any console rpg's coming out next spring that I'm really interested in. I have interest in handheld rpg's coming out but I don't wanna buy a DS or PSP I think.
    I don't care if the ratings are high or not. I just wanna play Pokémon on the Wii. xD

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post

I don't care if the ratings are high or not. I just wanna play Pokémon on the Wii. xD
    I saw it briefly at PAX today, there was actual physical contact once when a Pokemon used Fire Punch. The next time it used it though it did it as usual, cutting immediately from the attack being made to the pokemon flinching in response.

Blog Entries

I'm shocked no one has said "Wait until Tuesday/Monday" yet. That's when Metroid Prime 3 comes out, and so far it's looking to be quite good. I seriously think you should take that into consideration. IGN has a hands-on article up, give it a read. Not much hype seems to be in the game other than certain places on the internet, so I think there won't be many lines. Of course, I don't even have the game yet, so I can't really say whether it will be good or not. But judging by IGN's article, it seems good.

Anyway, Twilight Princess is a good game, too. When compared to other Zelda games, the story-telling is definitely well-done, and they really used Facial Expressions to an advantage. The music in the game isn't exactly great, but they really fit the area you're in most of the time. The only gripe I really have with the game is that it's easy. Really easy. Dungeons will rarely give you a hard time, and I bet you could do the 3-Heart Challenge on your first play-through, and is recommended if you want a challenge. And items suffer the one-dungeon curse, sadly. You'll find a few really cool items that almost never get used throughout the game.

If there's one part of the game that's just plain awesome though, it's the world map. Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but the world map is really cool. It definitely feels more like how Hyrule is normally described this time around. The game has a pretty large amount of stuff to find, like Treasure Chests of money, glowing bugs, and obviously, heart pieces. But don't go in a large field without your horse. Leevers are very, very mean.

However, it's still one of the better games for the Wii, no doubt. If you aren't interested in Prime 3 (Heaaaatheeeen!), then this is probably your next best bet. I don't have Paper Mario, so I can't really speak for it.

Oh, also, if you want a good multiplayer game and don't want to get a bunch of Wiimotes, get Warioware. It has some pretty nice replay value in some unlockable arcade-like games like Can Shooter and Pyoro S, and single Wiimote multiplayer. In it, there are four variations of Mini-Game playing, if I remember correctly, in which you switch the controller when it's someone else's turn. Then there's Darts, and a fun game called Bungie Buddies, in which you and a friend hold either a Wiimote or a Nunchuk to your waist, and jump over all the holes and avoiding mud/flypaper.

According to IGN the Wii version of Manhunt 2 will ship this October on Halloween...Also Rockstar's Bully will be ported over to the Wii with additional content, although a release date hasn't been confirmed yet.

Resident Evil 4.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    I'm shocked no one has said "Wait until Tuesday/Monday" yet. That's when Metroid Prime 3 comes out, and so far it's looking to be quite good. I seriously think you should take that into consideration. IGN has a hands-on article up, give it a read. Not much hype seems to be in the game other than certain places on the internet, so I think there won't be many lines. Of course, I don't even have the game yet, so I can't really say whether it will be good or not. But judging by IGN's article, it seems good.

Anyway, Twilight Princess is a good game, too. When compared to other Zelda games, the story-telling is definitely well-done, and they really used Facial Expressions to an advantage. The music in the game isn't exactly great, but they really fit the area you're in most of the time. The only gripe I really have with the game is that it's easy. Really easy. Dungeons will rarely give you a hard time, and I bet you could do the 3-Heart Challenge on your first play-through, and is recommended if you want a challenge. And items suffer the one-dungeon curse, sadly. You'll find a few really cool items that almost never get used throughout the game.

If there's one part of the game that's just plain awesome though, it's the world map. Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but the world map is really cool. It definitely feels more like how Hyrule is normally described this time around. The game has a pretty large amount of stuff to find, like Treasure Chests of money, glowing bugs, and obviously, heart pieces. But don't go in a large field without your horse. Leevers are very, very mean.

However, it's still one of the better games for the Wii, no doubt. If you aren't interested in Prime 3 (Heaaaatheeeen!), then this is probably your next best bet. I don't have Paper Mario, so I can't really speak for it.
    I didn't say wait till Tuesday because I can't. Behold the Void is just crazy. There is no way to choose between Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess. You have to get both.

While I'm not as big of a fan of Super Paper Mario (it switched to a more mario type adventure game from the RPG style that Thousand Year Door had, which I didn't like), it's still a nice game.

In short, I don't envy Behold his crazy choice of games. There are a couple real gems out there.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, I've never been one for Metroid. Also, my roomate just freakin' won a Wii at PAX, so I'll let HIM get it and maybe try it out. He's the big Metroid fan after all.

I think I'm going with Twilight Princess. Paper Mario is still somewhat tempting though, I will admit that game has a certain charm. And Twilight Princess is owned by several other friends.

Twilight Princess, definitely. And WarioWare is really good as long as you don't mind looking/acting silly. xD But I thought it was fun, especially playing with other friends.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello: