Thread: I know I suck, put I'll post anyway

Default I know I suck, put I'll post anyway

Some of my first attempts at manga drawing. Ignore the body in the corner, that failed because I drew it too small.

I know what your problem is.. what part do you start first? it should be:
    Eyes, then nose, mouth, head then hair. Try it out.. if it doesn't work i might draw you something! good luck

It's okay, we all have to start somewhere before we get any good. You should see some of my really old stuff (not on here unforunately) (NOTE: I've gotten better at drawing since I last posted anything here, I haven't been able to get a scanner in like 8 months)

I'm gonna start with the face since that's the easiest place to start.

Some things I'm noticing; general shape of the face is too sharp, and makes the head look really blocky. The two in the top left and bottom right corner are too skinny. Next, look at yourself in the mirror. Notice that your top of the ears is about at the same level as your eyes. The nose seems to be a bit too low too. Another thing is the eyes, those could use some work too, here's a decent tutorial, though it applies more to shonen type stuff.

That's all I will say for now, if you put up so more stuff it'd be nice.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Its not that bad but your attitude sucks. Have confidence because

A women
    B respect
    C Accomplishment
    D....well you get the picture.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by fredsanford View Post

A women
    B respect
    C Accomplishment
    You're going to have to draw that 'picture' for me.

Anyway, it's a start. I just started drawing manga-ish pictures too recently in my spare time, and found out I'm not too bad at it. I'll post something sometime, maybe, once I practice it more. But I always start with the left eye when I draw, then the nose, then the right eye, then the face, then the mouth, then hair. -=Squall Leonhart=-'s method seems to be more effective though, I'll try it too. But don't give up, keep trying! ^^

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Well I would say never ever ever start with any one part of the face, especially not if you are just starting out. Draw with shaaapes. Polykarbon has some excellent manga tutorials, they helped me out hugely when I was starting out. Understand the form behind people in basic shapes and it wil greatly aid the structure of your drawing.
    *nods sagely*

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fredsanford View Post

A women
    B respect
    C Accomplishment
    You're going to have to draw that 'picture' for me.

Nah he will draw the picture and have confidence in it and then you'll see the real "picture"

Anyway, it's a start. I just started drawing manga-ish pictures too recently in my spare time, and found out I'm not too bad at it. I'll post something sometime, maybe, once I practice it more. But I always start with the left eye when I draw, then the nose, then the right eye, then the face, then the mouth, then hair. -=Squall Leonhart=-'s method seems to be more effective though, I'll try it too. But don't give up, keep trying! ^^

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

Hey, it's not bad. I'm trying to learn how too, and this one book i got in like 4th grade "How to Draw manga" helped a lot. The only advice i can give you, because I don't know much O.o;;, is to try to make the face smoother, start out with an oval/egg maybe, and round out the chin more. Oh and small shapes really help with proportions ^^