• Mario

12 37.50%
  • Link

20 62.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario vs Link

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default Mario vs Link

Who would win this battle of Nes characters?
    Both characters have nearly all abilities and items available to them in all their games. This is a tough decision for me both characters take on world ending events alone and both have high skill and a ton of abilites, but Link has more. Link is probably more intelligent than Mario since his battles take a little more thinking.

Here's a list to about all the Mario items and abilities I can think of I'm not including anything from the sports games..

High Jump- All mario games
    Fireflower- almost all
    Mega Mushroom- New Super Mario Bros
    Steel hat- Mario 64
    Phasing hat- Mario 64
    Invincible Star- Almost all
    Tiny mushroom- New Super Mario Bros
    Hammer- SMB3 Mario RPG Paper mario
    Feather/Leaf- SMB3 SMW
    Water thing- Super Mario Sunshine
    Butt stomp- Mario Galaxy, SM64

Oops I forgot to add a poll can a mod do it please? It's really not a big deal though.

Yellow Winged Angel

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I just turned on my Gamecube, and played some Super Smash Brothers Melee.

I find that I wind up owning Link hard with Mario.

C'mon C'mon

Oh I didn't realize I'd logged into gamefaqs today. Anyway, a warrior versus a plumber? Plumber, easily.

I'd say if Link has captured Princess Peach, then Mario would win, and if Mario has captured Princess Zelda, then Link would win.

I too played melee yet got very different results...Link is victorous but they both are the heros among heros in the videogame world
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

Mario has a lot more allies, support (from items), abilities, and hero experience than Link so it's obviously Mario.

Besides, Link has never had a game that was meant for experts while Mario has (Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels).

I'm going to have to go with Link. I mean yes, I love Mario too, but he's just too huge. An italian eating spaghetti all the time is like, lame. AND HE'S A PLUMBER. But he's a plumber who saves the world.

...You know what? Yes, I prefer the hot blonde who's a swordsmans and a lady's man over the fat plumber.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Mario has a lot more allies, support (from items), abilities, and hero experience than Link so it's obviously Mario.

Besides, Link has never had a game that was meant for experts while Mario has (Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels).
    You're totally forgetting about Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest.

Personally, I would say Link. I can't explain why. I just don't care too much for Mario.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt. Wrong. With the release of Wind Waker, a preorder would land long-time fans a harder verision of Ocarina of Time; Ocarina of Time Master Quest. The game had revised dungeons, all of which where harder then their predecessors.

When it comes down to it this fight would be a slaughtering. Mario would start but eating a mushroom, Link would then fire an ice arrow, freeze him, and then have his way with Mario

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeahhhhh Link no contest. The whole "triforce-wielding avatar of the gods will" kind of wins.

Mario is a smurfing plumber. Link would win.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mario, because Mario is not a fairy, not to mention that Mario has the capacity to speak and could thus solicit aid from others.

Hell I don't even like Mario. But he's a fat plumber who saves the world/princess without working up a sweat, whereas Link has a hell of a time saving the world/princess despite being personally chosen to do it by the powers-that-be.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Mario, because Mario is not a fairy, not to mention that Mario has the capacity to speak and could thus solicit aid from others.

Hell I don't even like Mario. But he's a fat plumber who saves the world/princess without working up a sweat, whereas Link has a hell of a time saving the world/princess despite being personally chosen to do it by the powers-that-be.
    Well, Bowser's not exactly competent.

Mario makes for some good games, but the challenges he has to face aren't really that menacing. Turtles and bugs which he kills by jumping on them? Falling blocks with recognizable patterns? You don't need much fighting skills for that.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zante View Post
    Mario makes for some good games, but the challenges he has to face aren't really that menacing.
    BUT THE SPINY SHELLS KILL YOU IF YOU JUMP ON THEM THEY ARE INVINCIBLE WORST ENEMY EVAR

Mario gets more lives than Link. Then again, both are affected by the Reset button, so if the battle begins to go one way, someone would just do that. He also gets power-up Stars that do instant death for all enemies on contact.