32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mario

12 37.50%
  • Link

20 62.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mario vs Link

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    It's not officially Nintendo since it's a hack. Even if hacked games (or non-Nintendo Games) did count I'm sure there's a lot of Mario Game Hacks out there that are much more difficult (if not impossible).

And if non-Nintendo Games are allowed than you should see how difficult the Hardcore Worlds of Mario Forever are.
    Last edited by Evastio; 09-02-2007 at 03:35 AM.

The answer is simple...the better one is .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ........................................(SPOILER)LUIGI!

^^ He is defintely cooler than Mario so yeah. Luigi is the best out of Mario and Link

But if I HAVE to choose between Mario and Link... if they truly FOUGHT... ahh, I..I can't choose

Quote Originally Posted by Luigidudeman View Post
    The answer is simple...the better one is .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ........................................(SPOILER)LUIGI!

^^ He is defintely cooler than Mario so yeah. Luigi is the best out of Mario and Link :confused:

But if I HAVE to choose between Mario and Link... if they truly FOUGHT... ahh, I..I can't choose :(

lol the answer is obviously Link! He owns!

Link. I'm sorry, but this is really no contest. Mario's basic arsenal is a jump. That's it. And while he may survive a bunch of wacky things happening to him in cutscenes, and may exhibit super powers (which, oddly, never show up when he's being attacked in combat), none of those let him survive more than one hit from a frelling Koopa. Yeah, he can single handly beat Bowser's army. So what? Bowser is one of the most incompetent villains in the universe. He uses poor tactics, inferior weaponry, and moronic minions. And even with his pathetic armies, he can kill Mario in two hits. Just because Mario has never faced competent opponents doesn't mean he's a fighting god. Basic skills to basic skills or full upgrades to full upgrades, Link wins. He's more versatile, stronger, and more durable. A plumber who is drugged up on mushrooms may be a match for Bowser, but he isn't going to do well against a well equipped warrior wielding a power that dwarfs anything Mario has ever seen (the Triforce of Courage).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Yeah, he can single handly beat Bowser's army. So what? Bowser is one of the most incompetent villains in the universe.
    Mario has faced much more dangerous villains than Bowser. He's faced Wart, Smithy, Cackletta, Bowletta, Count Bleck, and many other villains. The only villains that Link faced that are somewhat worth mentioning are Ganondorf and Vaati. And they both were bad if not worse villains than Bowser. Bowser failed to defeat Mario more than Ganondorf failed to defeat Link because he tried more times to beat Mario. Even though Bowser and Ganondorf are both bad villains Bowser is definitely the more persistant of the two.

Also, Link actually has to depend on his weapons to defeat enemies while Mario can defeat his enemies unarmed. Without his sword, his bow, or any items Link can't beat anything. Mario can easily overwhelm opponents with just his hands and feet. If they were allowed to use items Mario would still win. He has much more of a variety of powerups than you think since all of his games have different power ups. And Mario has a lot more games than Link has so that greatly increases his arsenal of weapons to use against Link.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Wait you can't be serious Mario doesn't have as many power ups as Link has gadgets. Every Zelda game has at least 12 gadgets to work with and I also gave a list to most of his power ups in my first post so that's a small list and if the two switched a day to go on each other's quests then Mario would defiently have a harder time than Link. I don't really sow in the comparison of the Bowser and Ganondorf with both being bad, both maybe being lacking in backgorund and personality though. Ganondorf is obviously smarter than Bowser, Bowser sets his arenas up to kill himself. Smithy and the bosses from Paper Mario he had help with, but I'm not sure about Count Bleck since i haven't played Super Paper Mario. Anybody can jump on a turtle and kill it, but Mario wouldn't even be able to beat a stalfos without a power up let alone a boss, but both would be able to fight with everything they have. The only way I can see Mario winning is if he's stocked up on 40 green mushrooms thus making link tired after beating him for the 10th time since Link can only carry about 4 revival fairies.

I like both of them equally, but I don't see how you can say that Mario would win against the hero of time.

Yellow Winged Angel

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Please don't revive dead threads. In the future, look out for the dates on previous posts in a thread to determine if it is safe to reply to it. Thanks!