Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xenosaga~

For the record, Tetsuya Takahashi has stated several times that Xenosaga is not directly related to either Xenogears or Perfect works but rather follows the 'style' of both. If one is to look at the Perfect Works timeline, it's pretty noticeable that Xenosaga (or what it became) doesn't follow the same episode structure at all.

Gah! That article I posted is an April Fools Joke?! I'm upset!!!

Gah, this series is very popular I want to beat it. I'm beating FF XII, Alundra 1, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect this fall. What games should I beat in the spring? Here are my choices...

Buy Wii and beat:
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario

Beat the top old PS 1 and PS 2 rpg's I haven't beaten:
    FF 8, FF 9, FF X-2, Chrono Cross, Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Xenosaga 1, Xenosaga 2, Xenosaga 3

What games should I beat in the spring? Please give me your top TWO choices only please. I'm curious about your thoughts even though I have my own preferences.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Gah! That article I posted is an April Fools Joke?! I'm upset!!!

Gah, this series is very popular I want to beat it. I'm beating FF XII, Alundra 1, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect this fall. What games should I beat in the spring? Here are my choices...

Buy Wii and beat:
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario

Beat the top old PS 1 and PS 2 rpg's I haven't beaten:
    FF 8, FF 9, FF X-2, Chrono Cross, Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Xenosaga 1, Xenosaga 2, Xenosaga 3

What games should I beat in the spring? Please give me your top TWO choices only please. I'm curious about your thoughts even though I have my own preferences.
    FFVIII and Xenogears. Or take out Xenogears and beat Parasite Eve, if you haven't. Check that game out.

On topic, I think it's real messed up that they didn't complete the series after stating how long it was supposed to be. I guess they have their reasons, but they should do it FOR THE FANS, out of respect to them.

I don't respect anyone enough to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars for them, do you?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Ye Shall Be As Gods...

I do love this series. Although episode II was less than stunning and certain plot twists were not as surprising but hey it still started and ended beautifully.

I got into the series cause the team that worked on it created three of my favorite RPG's from SE (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Xenogears) Xenogears especially since I loved that game and it was the title that sorta became my standard for how an RPG should be from a writing and design perspective.

Saga was damn amazing and intriguing. I only wish Pied Piper had been released outside of Japan and on a system other than a cell phone. I had the chance to read a translation of the game's plot and must say that not only did it establish Ziggy as one of the best characters in the series but the game was far better written than even the poorly recieved Episode II (it's even more relevant than Eps. II) I also wish Xenosaga I & II for the DS had been released as well since that's the official canon that Episode III followed. The changes to the script of II for the game was much better from what little info I was able to gather but at least chaos and the Testaments got a bit more air time.

It's a shame the series may never be continued but at least it ended on a good note. Episode III is far more stunning than it'e predecessors (granted Epsiode I was damn good as well) The in-joke reference in Episode III were pretty funny as well (You get to fight the mysterious Red Gear and Weltall as well as the final form of Omega was a dead ringer for the final form of Deus in Xenogears with Weltall and Virge replacing Elhaym and Miang as the angels ). But the pacing and gameplay were well executed. I love the mecha combat especially.

The real shame is the fact that not everything ever got revealed. I'm still uncertain as to what exactly Wilhelm is... As well as chaos and KOS-MOS' exact relationship to the historical figures they represent. I need to brush up on my Gnosticism it seems...

Off Topic: For Dragonsoul's question, play Xenogears and Vagrant Story. I also highly recommend you find Persona 2 and 3 as both games are excellent.

Cool! Xenogears and Vagrant Story, ok. I'm still considering, there is more time left. I rented Persona 3 recently and played for 3 hours. The story, characters, and voice acting are great and are the strengths of the game. The other aspects of the game are just ok. I enjoyed the game and recommend the game. Bioshock has been mailed to me and I'll get this rental in a couple days.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

The only thing I don't like about it is the battle system... I confuses me too much. Other than that, I love them!