Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The obsession that is TV series on DVD.

Default The obsession that is TV series on DVD.

As a trusty fan of both Buffy and Angel I slowly began to buy the two shows on DVD a while ago - y'know, just because I'm a nutty fan and I have some money to spare. Up until now I have the first four seasons of Buffy and the first two of Angel. I just got the second season of Angel a couple of days ago, and somehow I managed to go through the entire season in like 3-4 days.. It just became a mad obsession, like a drug in the form of DVDs. Anyway, I've just ordered the third season of Angel (and I originally wanted to buy the fifth season of Buffy as well, but that was just too expensive ) and it should be arriving in the mail in just a day or two, which will be when I'll go back into this "mad obession mode" and watch the entire third season in the same amount of days, or maybe even less. It's pretty choco-loco.

Anyway, now for the topic. Do you have any of your favourite TV series on DVD? - and have you ever been obsessed about watching them like me?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My cousin has Scrubs 1-5, and I myself have all of the OC and House 1 and 2. I regularly watch them and even the extra special options. Then again, this could be attributed to my mass boredom of the world.

Really, I get almost all of my TV shows on DVD if possible.

Neon Genesis Evangelion box set, Gundam Wing box set, .hack// all series' except ROOTS which isn't completely released yet, The Matrix 10 disk box set, Ventur Bros. vol.1&2, Sealab2021 vol.1-3 (we're saving up for the season 1-5 box set of 6 Feet Under as well)... i have watched them all through on many occasions, this could be attributed to the fact that i don't have cable, satalite, or dish, mostly due to me not wanting to spend money on 300++ channels of nothing that i would only watch about twice a week anyway...

edit: omg... how could i possibly forget the Firefly box and Serenity when they're both sitting here by my desk, i feel i have committed a small blasphemy by forgetting them...
    Last edited by Elly; 08-25-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: small blasphemy

Yeeeaah, I went pretty crazy with my Buffy/Angel DVDs too, and more than once. I've held several Buff-a-thons at my house for friends that had never seen the show before. Sometimes we would go through entire seasons in one weekend. Needless to say, I know much of the episodes by heart now.

I've had similar bouts of insanity with Veronica Mars, Battlestar Galactica, and Lost, but nothing has quite reached the level of crazy as the Buffyverse did. I actually found that the second season of Lost is way more tolerable when the episodes are back-to-back. All of that slowness isn't quite so annoying when you don't have to wait a week (or more) between episodes.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Well, I like shows that build heavily upon continuity, so Angel was pretty much a given for that.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

i have 24 Seasons 1-5, Lost seasons 1-2, the complete series of Beast Wars and Beast Machines, as well as a couple of seasons of Family Guy. Buying 24 was more out of necessity than anything else, because I had never seen seasons 1-5. The rest were just wanting to have them.

I have some Futurama I watched a lot, but not really anymore because I memorized all the jokes. Battlestar Galactica I went through like absolute madness.

I think Evangelion, Firefly and House are the only series on DVD that I bought and watched more then once. I still like owning them though for collection reasons.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I have two seasons of House, but I like a TV and DVD player to watch them on. :-\

I have the whole series of Arrested Development. I thought it would be one of those shows that would never really be that big in syndication because it was so short, so I bought it myself so I could watch it any time. :)

I have been watching episodes of British sitcom 'My Family' a lot lately. I only have the first two series, but I'm planning to get more soon.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

Once I stop oweing people money I am splruging on Charmed all seasons. I would love to sit and watch an entire season in one sitting. BUt that's like 30 hours. ah well.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

I bought Battlestar Galactica seasons 1 and 2. I watched them in about 2 weeks. I just couldn't stop myself (but it was worth it). I'm doing the same thing with The Shield at the moment. That's an awesome programme.

I also have Lost, Red Dwarf, Blackadder and The A-Team on DVD. Germ: I agree with you about Lost - I used to hate waiting a week and I used to sporadically miss episodes anyway. DVDs are so much better for continuity. I'm having the same problem with Heroes at the moment.

I've got a load of That 70's Show, 4 seasons of Wildboyz, and I've got 1 season of Robot Chicken, My Name is Earl, and the Office, but there are a lot more Adult Swim shows I want on DVD, particularly Birdman and Metalocalypse (October, hurry the smurf up!)
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I <3 my Scrubs Series 1-5~

edit: I've been meaning to get That 70's show on DVD (favorite sitcom).