Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your date with penance

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Default your date with penance

[for the lucky ones who have international version]

GOD took me hours to figure out the strategy for this guy, he is TOUGH, but very predictble.. took me 7 tries..
    how bout you?

SIGSIG

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I cheated and used the internets for advice. There's a surprisingly large number of ways to defeat him, not all involving maximum stats.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

i maxed stats... though i don't think it's nessessary to max all of them, you at least need a very high Luck and a maxed speed.

I think my winning strat came on the fourth try... and considering i went into battle with no pheonix downs (auto pheonix wouldnt work) and had to use pheonix pinions manually instead, i was rather pleased with my victory ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Banned

And if all else fails, there's always Zanmato.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

yea zanmato works too, but it just takes the fun out of it..

i just maxed out my stats except hp, magic, and evasion and half luk.. break hp limit is so useless in this fight, it will jus kill you, so basically i went for def+20%, auto-potion,auto-haste,auto-protect, casted cheer 3 times, mixed trio of 9999, used three stars, quick hit, and not allowing his hands to make a turn, dispeled his breaks and boom... thats the best strategy for me

SIGSIG

Quote Originally Posted by jeo2388 View Post
    break hp limit is so useless in this fight, it will jus kill you
    May i ask why?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I havent got to penance yet... Still gotta beat Bahamut Anima Magus and Yojimbo >_<

May i ask why?
    Because if it hits you your dead whether you have loads of HP or not!!
    jkhkjg

Penance?! I found BFA hard! But that was my first playthrough so yeah...

Theres this guy on youtube...Darkkefka I think who kills him with a very easy strategy. He makes it seem like your fighting Yu Yevon...

Ultima, The High Seraph

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    May i ask why?
    Because if it hits you your dead whether you have loads of HP or not!!
    No,you can survive most of it's attacks if you have 3 members with more than 35000 hp (and other max stats of course).
    It's been too long since i beat him,but i remember that in order to do that i had to raise my main party's hp status (35000-40000).

I know that there are ways to beat him,even without these stats,but back then i didn't knew them.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeo2388 View Post
    break hp limit is so useless in this fight, it will jus kill you
    May i ask why?
    its not a bad idea to use BHL in this fight, but i suggest you replace it with the combination i used.. for one reason is, your OD gauges!!!! with high hp your OD gauge will move slower [comrade mode>recomended] and OD is very vital in this fight esp wakka , in order for his arms to miss a turn, one bash from his arm and your in trouble, it also inflicts curse and lots of status effects plus, it cast mighty gaurd w/c of course doubles penance's defense and cast regen on him!and you wont have time to recover and despel bcoz he is fast, plus you also need to despel his breaks so... you get the point..
    2nd reason is tera gravitation, unlike other gravitation spells, this one actually kills you, u'll know once you fight dark anima! BHL will just bring you to a much much longer and frustrating fight, beliv me i've been there...

but if you have [auto-potion+auto-protect+auto-haste+def+20%], hav rikku mix trio of 9999[so ordinary potions do 9999 heal], cast cheer 4 times, mix eccentric, then you wont have problems with his arms... THATS WHY
    >oh and if you ask why not use ribbon? because you wont have room for def+20% w/c is very vital, bcoz it affects your cheer spell, and besides, only his arms inflict ribbon-protected stasus effcts.. beliv me, if you dont, try it urself

[if anyone wanna request a vid i can give]
    Last edited by jeo2388; 08-26-2007 at 07:00 PM.

SIGSIG

I don't think i bothered with overdrives at all (not even wakka's).And that's because if i used an overdrive Penance turn would come quicker.Instead i kept hiting him with quick hit.
    I had the celestial weapons of course and armours with auto-life,auto-haste,ribbon and break hp limit.
    Also all stats were 255 except luck which was around 200 (if i remember correctly).

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

if you had 255 agility, using attack reels+slice&dice will kill 1 arm + damage the body a bit so you will have enough turns to quick hit body til the next "regenerate" comes, and you have auto-potion so healing is not a problem at all.. i said a while ago BHL wont lose you the fight, it will jus make it longer and frustrating.. >>>you have to heal all the time coz no auto-potion bcoz you used the slot for ribbon, and while you heal penance regenerates, so it has also high possibility that he uses judgement day, game over..
    just aim for somthng simple, NOT letting his arms take a turn.. so ribbon is not a must here.. but again, it wont lose you the fight, it will only make it longer and more frustrating..but well,in this game, frustrating is fun, i guess.. but for me its all about speed-kill

SIGSIG

killed him properly after a few tries with max stats (the uber long battlezors!) then used zanmato on him jus so i could make a rude gesture!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Haven't beaten him yet, simply because I can't land hits on him. Need to beef up my Luck as I already maxed out my Accuracy at 255.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Haven't beaten him yet, simply because I can't land hits on him. Need to beef up my Luck as I already maxed out my Accuracy at 255.
    best of luck to ya...

SIGSIG