Thread: Art and Equality

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default Art and Equality

I know video games by many mostly throughout the child, middle aged group, and beyond do not recognize video games as art. This thought of mind comes from mostly that a lot of these people don't pay much attention to art in general, but with the ones that do, most of them still don't recognize video games as art because they just see it as a way to kill time or a children's leisure. I hope that everyone here could agree with me that video games are indeed art as much as these poems, plays, and films.
    What can we all do to make others see them as art? Well really nothing, you can't forcefully make somebody believe something, but you can influence them as so. We all here can relate to video games as art, because everyone here has played a Final Fantasy game and we all have experienced the art in which it contains. Video games can relinquish visual beauty, adjacent music, and exemplary storytelling along with form of game-play. One man has gone on to television to speak his voice on games and art, but I do not think he argued well enough here's the Link.
    We also have the issue of putting into the minds of the majority that they are art with bringing into the main. Really on television things dealing with video games rarely occur. I say we need more iconic characters to view with and a certain man Ian Livingstone said that and we might need or own catch phrases that everyone knows like Hasta La Vista, This is Sparta, and Show me the money, but I say that might be going a little too far. In an issue of Gameinformer I've read that gaming is a cultural phenomenon there so why it couldn't be here?

The question here is What do you think on this matter? Should video games get that recognition or are things fine with the way they are now?

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I believe so that games can be indentifed with art ,but to me it seems more science and I think it'll be harder to broaden out to the country than S.Korea, because remember that S.Korea is a very small country so things around there would naturally spread more quickly.

Yellow Winged Angel