18 41.86%
  • Xbox 360

8 18.60%
  • Wii

17 39.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ahhhh.... PS3 vs Xbox360 vs Wii

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Dunno which is the "best", but that doesn't really matter if the games suck. I'll probably buy PS3 first, then maybe a Wii in the distant future and I'll probably never buy an xbox. I just don't like most xbox games.

PS3 is good for me because it has many of the series I like, mainly Resident Evil, GTA, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy. I also love Zelda and some Mario games, so I may have to hog my sister's wii every now and then. But yeah, my PS2 is close to broken, so I'm gonna need a new PS anyway and buying a new PS2 seems like a waste of money when I'm gonna buy a PS3 eventually anyway.
    Your icon/avatar is Wakka the blitzball player from Final Fantasy X!!! I remember when that game came out! It was legendary I think all the rpg players I knew bought it. It was so great and perfect in my opinion, I love it! FF XII is great but needs better story and characters. People don't like FF X-2 as much. FF XI is good though but FF VII: DoG people have problems with.

Will FF XIII and/or FF V XIII match the power of FF X? I think the most popular FF's in the main line are 1, 4, 6, 7, 10, and maybe 12.

Final Fantasy VI!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Logically, the Xbox 360 would be best for me because I owned a Ps2 and a Gamecube. This gives me an entire backlog of Xbox games I've never touched that will be cheap by now with all the new stuff stacked on top. Maybe you should just buy the one you didn't own last time!

However, MGS and FF are franchises that can get me to buy a system, so I might go for the Ps3 anyway.

I guess just find a list of upcoming and current games and whichever has the most grabbing your interest wins my friend.

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

I previously owned a 360 for 18 months, then sold it and bought a PS3. Just let me say now that I regret that. The one thing that tempted me to buy a PS3 was the region free games, hence cheap prices...aswell as the blu-ray. But nether the less, the games are e. The only game i wanted was Virtua Fighter, which i ended up getting for $35 AUD) mind you...and yeah...i wish i was playing bio shock and blue dragon right now....

;________;

but the economics of video games imo is sell it now, and buy it again later for a cheaper price. You ain't loosing any money. One day, ill be reunited with my PS3. In the mean time, i am awaiting the release of Spiderman 3 on blu-ray.

btw, check out my 360 gamerscore "barefooted hobo" and just check how many hours i poured into me 360. yet i've only played my PS3 for abut a total of 30 minutes, movies are a different story...

"PS3 is good for me because it has many of the series I like, mainly Resident Evil, GTA, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy."

Well, unfortunately, Sony does not hold all those series exclusively, and may soon be exclusive to none of them:

Konami Announces Silent Hill 5 - Xbox

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition for WII - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Wii - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition WII Game

IGN: Resident Evil 5

Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 - Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox360 Game - Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360 Video Game

Sakaguchi talks Blue Dragon, Xbox 360, and Final Fantasy

I think the main reason Sony is losing exclusivity is because the PS3 is the least popular of the three (or certainly the least-owned), and the companies making titles like the ones you listed can't afford to risk their bread-and-butter products on a $500 console whose sales and installed base are lower than either of the other two major consoles. It's no longer the 90s, where one game (FF VII) could drive sales of a $200 console (the PS1). I think a lot of people would see $500 as far too steep a price to pay for a single game, even with the hope of having other good games down the road.

Game companies are in business to sell games, not consoles.
    Last edited by computer-geekz; 08-27-2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Missed a link for RE5 on Xbox
    There are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

XBL gamertag: ZefZephyran

I'm definitely going to buy a PS3 when I have the money to both buy the console and a new HD TV. I'm just a PlayStation fan, and it has some of the best games and game series as far as I'm concerned: e.g. Final Fantasy, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid. I'd also say Tomb Raider and Soul Calibur, but they're both not exclusive to the PS anymore.

I've never been a fan of the X-Box, and I probably never will be. Most of the games just don't seem like my cup of tea, and the console is generally just not appealing to me.

The Wii, on the other hand, I might buy some years down the road. I've always been a Nintendo fan; the first console I ever owned was a Nintendo Entertainment System, I've spent countless hours playing on the Nintendo 64 and I own a GameCube as well - it just appeals to me and it also has many great game series e.g. The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime and various Mario games.

Anyway, I'd say the PS3. Once it starts getting some good games under it's belt, it'll be bitchin' cool!

For now: Wii.

So much fun, has a bunch of cool games. Nothing apart from Final Fantasy and Blue Dragon has sparked my interested with Xbox360 and PS3, and then it gets shut down by the huge price tag.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PS3. I've said it a hundred times; it has the only exclusives I care about and obviously all of the multi-platform stuff. MGS4, GT5, Uncharted, Killzone 2 (which according to Game Informer who had some hands on time is a very solid game so far), Ratchet & Clank, Socom, Little Big Planet (the most original and innovative game I've seen in years), FFXIII and Versus XIII as exclusives, and Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament III, DMC 4, Silent Hill 5, and Soul Calibur IV on the multi-platform make for a very strong upcoming lineup. And with great titles already out like Resistance, VF5, Virtua Tennis 3, Oblivion, and now Warhawk (which is one of the best games out on any console right now), I can't recommend any other system.

Wii.

I don't even know how to explain.. how much better it is. I'd say if you want graphics though get a 360... not a PS3 obviously just because of the cost.. but if you don't care too much about graphics, like me!

Then, you should get a Wii, definitely. It has already came and PASSED the 360 in sales and it was released a YEAR before it. that's crazy. It's soooooo amazing. and there's SOOOO many games that are amazing for it. If I got a PS3 I... wouldn't even... ahh there would be NOTHING I would want except maybe a racing game because how they look... but for Wii.... there are like at least 10 games for it this year I want. and a 360 ... I only want ONE game for that system, and that game is Banjo-Threeie! I LOVED the first two, but now it's not going to be on Nintendo anymore. I was very sad when I heard that news because I will most likely never get a 360.

ANYWAYS.

IMO the best games are on Wii.

The best graphics are just.. not on Wii lol. (Obviously)

The best gamePLAY is on Wii as well.

Wii also has more GOOD exclusive games.

360 has Xbox live which is easily the best online ...thing.

but I prefer Wii's online because.. I LOVE Nintendo so yeah. I would never buy a PS3, ever. I think they're too much money, not worth what you have to pay, all I want is a system, Sony! Not some freakish computer! I liked Sony when it was just the original PlayStation, where I would just play Crash all day, oh and Spyro!
    Anyways,
    Wii DESTROYS the other two with Super Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario and Metroid.

Heck, it destroys them with Super Smash Bros alone.

There are 6 main reasons that making me want to buy a PS3 over a 360:

1.Final Fantasy

2.SCEI and Team Ico

3.I don't like FPShooters

4.I trust Sony's hardware more than Microsoft's

5.Gran Turismo 5

6.Judging from 360 sales in Japan,Sony will have the best JRPG library.

I plan on buying a PSP this Christmas,a Wii around spring-summer next year,and a PS3 around Christmas 2008.

I've only played the Wii and 360 but don't own any of them. I'm sold on the Wii because it has Resident Evil 4 and the virtual console downloads. I might consider buying a PS3 later down the line when the price goes down and it has, you know, a lot of good games.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

I would pick out the Wii mainly because i have wanted one since its been announced. Especially Brawl and Naruto Games and Sonic. The PS3 I would want mainly for Final Fantasy Series, MGS4, and Kingdom Hearts 3. But nothing about the 360 has really grabed my attention excpet for the might considering FFXIII onto 360.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I have the Wii and the 360 (WELL -- my brother does, but it doesnt cost me a thing to use them~) and Ive probably been on the 360 more, suprisingly; seeing as Im a huge Nintendo fangirl. I'm hooked on Guitar Hero 2 and Viva Pinata. At the same time, Im pretty excited about another super smash bros as that game kicks serious ass. I played Zelda for a bit on the Wii, but hdghf I found a glitch and basically my file was screwed and I just havent yet started it again, it pissed me off and I couldnt be arsed.

Probably the 360 for the minute, but the Wii will out-do it eventually. Nintendo always does <3

Isn't the fact that it is Microsoft, who produces the XBOXes, not enough to vote for the PS3. Hmmm... But it's SONY who makes the PSes. A hard choice. If it wasn't Nintendo making the Wii, I could just as well vote for them, but no luck there either.

PS3 though. Yay for the bluray.