Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVP for real (rated R)

Default AVP for real (rated R)

Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem

We all know AVP sucked but the second one looks good. HORROR hard core R rated action. That is what it should be. I apologize in advance if this video contains content not allowed here. Please just remove it and I wont repeat my offense .

I grew up with worse so i dont know what is considered too much here.
    Last edited by fredsanford; 08-26-2007 at 04:53 PM.

I wish I was excited, but I think this looks just as bad as the first. The first two Alien movies and the first predator took time to stop and have dialogue between the characters to form an actual plot, and there were inventive scenarios characters you cared about had to push through. Now it's just one cheesy chase scene after another where a cast of nobodies is arbitrarily killed until only a few survivors are left. It's just the same thing over and over.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It might be good for a cheesy laugh. Somehow they messed up the real "omg!" moments in the first AvP, so maybe they can manage it this time around.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That trailer was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I wish I was excited, but I think this looks just as bad as the first. The first two Alien movies and the first predator took time to stop and have dialogue between the characters to form an actual plot, and there were inventive scenarios characters you cared about had to push through. Now it's just one cheesy chase scene after another where a cast of nobodies is arbitrarily killed until only a few survivors are left. It's just the same thing over and over.
    Its a trailer, are you kidding me?

You really think you can tell from a trailer, it just has the best action scenes in it, its not meant to tell you how the rest of the film will go down. We are talking like an hour and 55 more minutes of film...

No need to go see it now; I've seen the best bits.

I hated AvP. It was only the fact I had spent £5.60 (I was a student at the time) of my hard-earned cash to see the goddamned thing that stopped me from walking out!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    No need to go see it now; I've seen the best bits.

I hated AvP. It was only the fact I had spent £5.60 (I was a student at the time) of my hard-earned cash to see the goddamned thing that stopped me from walking out!
    Well the climax, and alot of more action is still unrevealed. I will tell you if this one is worth your movie, the 1st one wast not in my opinion but perhaps worth the experience.

I'll wait for some reviews before seeing this one.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Quote Originally Posted by fredsanford View Post

You really think you can tell from a trailer, it just has the best action scenes in it, its not meant to tell you how the rest of the film will go down. We are talking like an hour and 55 more minutes of film...
    No, I'm not kidding. Take a look at the original Alien trailer. It's so fallen from the original's intent that it's ludicrous. This showed 2 minutes of pretty people being sweaty with "Wtf? LOL" faces and aliens being chopped in half by whips.

You just have to understand I grew up adoring both of these franchises and they've completely ruined them as of late. But why would they change? They keep making money off retarded movies. There is nothing in logic or this trailer that would indicate they will have greater ambition to do anything with anything. I can appreciate the sentiment I'm jumping the gun, but that's like saying "How do you know Daddy Day Care 2 isn't any good just from the trailer?" You know.

Well, I'm glad Anderson isn't directing this movie again, and that does gives me a small glimmer of hope.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 08-26-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fredsanford View Post

No, I'm not kidding. Take a look at the original Alien trailer. It's so fallen from the original's intent that it's ludicrous. This showed 2 minutes of pretty people being sweaty with "Wtf? LOL" faces and aliens being chopped in half by whips.

You just have to understand I grew up adoring both of these franchises and they've completely ruined them as of late. But why would they change? They keep making money off retarded movies. There is nothing in logic or this trailer that would indicate they will have greater ambition to do anything with anything. I can appreciate the sentiment I'm jumping the gun, but that's like saying "How do you know Daddy Day Care 2 isn't any good just from the trailer?" You know.

Well, I'm glad Anderson isn't directing this movie again, and that does gives me a small glimmer of hope.
    Wow, you're fairly intelligent. I did not want to post the trailer to alien because that is your strongest case...but that isnt why I say your smart. I can just tell by how you present yourself.

Anyways I see what you mean, boom , bang thud...but it would take someone really intelligent to write a deep and involved script for 2 well known species of cinematic aliens in an all out war. Really im not saying thought provoking is impossible with the concept AVP but I dont think that the audience really wants a deep script. ITs just a film where the 2 species kicks eachothers ass. The mystery and appeal of other life forms died in film 1, deep thought ended there and came movie 2...a shoot em up film.

I still enjoyed all the aliens, 1st one and 2nd one and the....rest.

In 2 I liked the deeper look at Rip's character, sig weaver.

I also liked that weaseal guy that we all hated...i mean I hated him so he was good for the film.

To get to the point films 2, 3, 4 were not as mysterious and deep as film one. Predator was the same thing.

What this new film does have however

Its rated R like both franchises

Its gory like both franchises

It looks like a horror film like alien was

It looks well done

I understand that you are upset that everything is less thought provoking and impressive these days, and you know that your neighbor could have wrote a better script or your friend.

I still have faith in this film, Im just looking for an aliens type of film mixed with predators and humans.

Oh and you want to post this trailer dude
    YouTube - ALIEN 1979 Original Trailer

That was beautiful, I am seeing this the second it comes out.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I agree that it looks like one action sequence/chase after another where the weak are killed off. The fact that they're going for a high body count makes me think that they're forgoing plot in favor of action/deaths. It'll be meh.
    Figaro Castle

The fact that they're forgoing plot in favour of action/deaths already makes it awesome. I'm so watching it.

I dont see why people are getting hyped for this movie, it looks even worse than the first one. All this Alien Vs Predator crap has pissed me off since day one, why make a cross over with an admittedly bad plot ruin two franchises which had alot of credibility. Its because of the first AVP movie that James Cameron stopped work on his script for Alien 5 as he felt the two franchises would inevitably go down the crapper.

These "vs" movies need to stop being made.

I wish I was excited, but I think this looks just as bad as the first.
    Basically.