Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Perfect Game File

dont give up!!!

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

I got this, don't worry. I spent 5+ hours trying to do the first Type A battle, I can handle this area. I had realized that I've done things in this challenge rather optimally so far, I might give myself an extra random battle in this area, I am rather a bit ahead.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-06-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Wow. Just wow. Thats all I can say. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeDRankLou View Post
    I got this, don't worry. I spent 5+ hours trying to do the first Type A battle, I can handle this area. I had realized that I've done things in this challenge rather optimally so far, I might give myself an extra random battle in this area, I am rather a bit ahead.
    hmm you probably already have by now but i wouldnt incase a much more time consuming frustrating part comes up

Burmecia
    Update
    -I spent days on this section. Yes, DAYS! I just couldn't get it to work. I had a save that I wasn't happy with, and tried so many times to get the timing I wanted but it just wouldn't happen. It's kind of funny that a not-so-great Type A battle and one semi-long random battle gives a slower time that an almost perfect Type A battle and two very short random battles. In the end, I could only scratch 6 seconds off of my other time. For some reason the Type A's in Burmecia are much more status resistant that in Gizamaluke's Grotto, and the random battles in Burmecia can be relentless if you are going for one, or even two. Got the Germanis Boots and the Mythril Spear, the only two missable items in this area. Got the Lightining Staff to trigger Stiltzkin and bought his deal. Delivered a letter which earned me a Kupo Nut, got another and saved. I am disappointed with this section, but for my own sanity I have to move on.

My time here was 2:57:16. All that trouble and I could only get 6 seconds off, ugh!!!
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-30-2007 at 05:30 AM.

40 seconds isn't bad at all. You'll be fine, good work.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Keep up the good work. You'll be done in no time.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I updated my previous two sections if you care to go back and read them. I made a few slight changes.

Can't Keep a Good One-Eyed Alexandian Soldier Down
    -This is a short segment. Just have to go through the dialogue and "beat" Beatrix. When I would get Quina to revive with 1 HP, I take off everyone's accessory. The Germanis Boots sell for 2000 gil, and I got them for free. Beatrix has nothing good to steal that I can steal, so I kept redoing this battle until I got one with Quina taking the first turn. Luckily this only took a few tries.

And thus ends Disc 1. I am actually ahead of both the gamefaqs.com guide's and 1whoistornapart's times. I am ahead of the later by 1:22 and the former by 7:19. I am surprised by the later, I have done several things more than he did. I guess that's not too shabby.

Old "Friends"
    -Ah, some nice random battle-free areas. Some dialogue, blah blah blah. I have to buy of some missable items here.
    -3 Silver Gloves. Silver Gloves synthesize into Save the Queens, of which I only need 1. I also need 2 for the knights plus 1. So I get 3 here plus 1 in Lindblum that I'll pick up in disc 4 (it isn't missable), that makes 4.
    -2 Iron Helms. I need 2 for the knights plus 1. I found an Iron Helm in Dali. This makes 3.
    I also bought 99 Steepled Hats for some more money making later. Delivered a moogle letter and got another.
    -Short of attacking yourself Dagger can't die against Black Waltz #3 here, so no need for healing. I put the Moonstone on Dagger so that she can learn Shell twice as fast.
    -The battle actually went alright. On the one that I kept, Steiner got lucky. He got smacked once, but then he got hit by Thunder, which thanks to the Coral Ring put him back at full health. He then got a critical hit and the battle ended with him still alive, so he got some AP. Marcus wasn't so lucky, he didn't even have a chance to steal anything.
    -I had to restart a few times due to getting a random battle on the way to Dali, but only a few times.

The Scenic Route to Treno
    -Unequipping Marcus gives me 1 Wrist, so I only have to buy 98. Not that they are that expensive or anything. I got the missable Elixir in the garden area, and exited out the back. I saved a few seconds doing that, and ran half-way back to South Gate.

-And then went back the way I came, getting the gil along the way, and saved half-way to Treno.

Treno
    -So I make my way to Treno. Did the first ATE and only had 500 gil stolen from me. Got the Power Belt and 44 of my 99 Cotton Robes made (all I had the money for). Then I found the moogle, got a letter from Stiltzkin and saved.

-Then I went to the Knight's House and did a little shopping. Sold my Cotton Robes and bought 2 Bone Wrists, 1 Mythril Gloves, 1 Magus Hat and 2 Barbuts. I also need to take care of some missable items.
    -5 Mythril Swords. Mythril Swords synthesize into Grand Armours. I need 2 for the knights plus 1. I also need 1 Mythril Sword for Steiner plus 1. I could try to steal a Grand Armour from Nova Dragon, but that's very risky with the level 1 party, so I might as well prepare for not being able to.
    -5 Air Rackets. Air Rackets synthesize into Priest Rackets. I need 2 of each for the summoners plus 1 of each. I find an Air Racket in Ipsen's Castle, plus these makes 6.
    -14 Chain Mails. This one is tricky. Chain Mails synthesize into Power Belts. Power Belts then synthesize into Grand Helms. I need 2 Grand Helms for the knights plus 1. So that means I need 3 Power Belts, plus 8 Power Belts for everyone plus 1. I then need 2 Chain Mails for the knights plus 1, for a total of 15 Chain Mails. I got a Power Belt from the four-armed man in Treno, so I only need 14 Chain Mails.
    -2 Bandanas. I'm going to end up needing 10, but I'll hold off buying all of them until later.
    -Then I challenge the Griffin. This took a few tries, but I finally got the Tent to hit on the first round, and then the battle was pretty much over. Got a Tonberry Card for it Then I saved again.

Auctioning and Stealing
    -Now Steiner reunites with Dagger. I personally don't like having Dagger being the character walking around, she just moves weirdly. Luckily it's not for very long.
    -I get the gil by the auction house and then go and auction the Reflect Ring. With several tries I got the first three items to be bid on only once after I bid, which saved time.
    -I did a bit of running against the wall on my way to steal the Supersoft, but I didn't waste that much time.
    -Delivered a letter and saved at Gargan Roo. And the random battles are back. It was nice while it lasted.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 10-03-2007 at 06:25 PM.

On the Way Back Home
    -Since this party is without Zidane, there is no Flee ability, so no random battles can happen. Luckily there are only three screens to do so in. It still took a few tries.
    -And it took a few more tries because of the Ralvurahva battle. I gave Dagger the Silk Shirt to boost her spirit (which I should have done against Black Waltz #3), and gave Steiner the Silver Gloves to weaken a possible blizzara. I also gave Marcus a Mythril Sword to make his attack stronger so that the battle could go faster. PLEASE, when I get back to Alexandria, if I don't mention taking the Mythril Sword off of Marcus before going to fight Zorn and Thorn, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME.
    -I finally got one where Dagger got the first turn and Blind worked. Still, Ralvurahva did its String attack to Steiner right after, so Dagger's next turn was healing Steiner (in hindsight a wasted turn, but not really). Then I actually wasted a turn with Dagger by using a Remedy on Steiner to cure the Slow. For future reference, Remedy does not cure Slow (somehow I never knew that), and it wouldn't have made a difference in the battle had it worked. But Ralvurahva didn't get another hit so the battle went fast enough.
    -Went through some more dialogue and saved half-way to Cleyra's Trunk. And now I can get ready for some more level 1 battles that hopefully go better than they did in Burmecia.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-12-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Cleyra. ;[

Good luck.

The Windy City
    -Cleyra is full of stuff to find and things to do, all of which need to get done while I'm here, or else Odin will destroy them.
    -So, starting from the bottom, I believe this is the first FMV of this disc, and there was no lag after it. I wonder if that was just a disc 1 thing or if it's just this FMV. Throughout Cleyra, I will get into 1 random battle, and that's against a pair of Carrion Worms. Otherwise, I should get into none as there are plenty of forced battles in this area to take up my time.
    -It was a bit of a pain to get no random battles, but I got through. I must get the first 3 chests on the way up or they will be buried in sand. After looting all the chests along the way, I delivered a letter and saved...finally.

-And now it's time to learn Auto-Life. This is the same song and dance as learning Limit Glove and Night, except this time I'm not on the world map, so I have to get to another moogle without anymore random battles. On the time that the worms didn't cut my party in half in the opening seconds, I got lucky and didn't get any more random battles on my first try.
    -I was tempted to just save after this, but since I got Auto-Life within my like 10th try, I thought I would try doing a few other things. So I did a quick item hunt, some shopping (1 Partisan,1 Mythril Armlet, 1 Mage's Hat, 2 Mythril Helms) and watched some ATEs. I don't usually do the latter, but to get 2 chest in Cleyra's Trunk you have to have Quina go to the antlion sinkhole, and to do that you must watch Quina's two ATEs. So I did, got the Silk Robe and Magician Shoes, and went back to Monev. Luckily, I didn't get any random battles. The bottom half of Cleyra's Trunk seems to be worse about random battles than the top half, which works for me.

-And finally, I get the three items I skipped going up to Cleyra the first time. In the screen with the triple fork, the two items down the middle and the item in the screen past that are all that I needed to get. Then, I went on a item hunt on the left side of Cleyra's Trunk, go to the inn, get a letter and save.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 10-03-2007 at 10:01 AM.

wow your doing so well keep it up

Antlion and River Dance
    -I am totally regretting selling all of my Germanis Boots. I could learn Flee for Zidane by equipping both the Dagger and Germanis Boots. If it weren't for the Gargan Roo area I would actually go back and fix it. But I've had several rather good boss fights and made it through several areas with no random battles, no turning back now. He'll learn it soon enough I suppose.
    -So I got a really good Antlion battle on my third try. Sandstorm put Quina at 1 HP, so Zidane stole and Quina won the battle. A round and a half faster than Auto-Life.
    -Went through some scenes, looted the cathedral, got the Emerald, got Stiltzkin's deal, got another letter and saved at the inn.

-And now for a slew of level 1 battles. I've tried a few times with some interesting luck, but none that I want to keep. I'm thinking about leaving the Dagger on Zidane in certain places so that he can get more AP for Flee, but that might not end up working.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-30-2007 at 05:31 AM.

You're progressing pretty quickly. I'm impressed.

Decoys
    -And now for seven level 1 battles. The first ones aren't so bad, 3 pairs of Alexandrian Soldiers and a Type B. A random battle only made me restart a few times. And some bad luck made me restart a few times more.
    -On the one that I saved the soldiers only got one attack out of all six of them.
    -I gave Zidane the Dagger for another point toward Flee against the Type B, which went down with only one Stop.
    -Got a letter and saved.

The Cleyra Helpless Bystander Round-Up
    -OMG THE CRITICAL HITS!!!!
    -That was really the only real problem with this area. Stop wouldn't work fast enough sometimes, Vivi's Fira was too powerful sometimes, Freya was too weak sometimes, the enemies got the jump on me sometimes. But the biggest problem with this area was (if you didn't get it from the above) the critical hits. On both sides. Zidane, Freya and the Alexandrian Soldiers were just going crazy. I had a rather good one, but I forgot to KO Quina, which sucked. And I almost had another good one and Vivi killed one of the Alexandrian Soldiers.
    -The one that I kept actually put me ahead of schedule by another minute. The pair of Type B's went down with one Stop each, and the next Type B went down with two Stops. Persistence usually pays off.
    -Got the final 7 of the forty-ish items to get in this area and saved.

"Then allow me to shatter your delusions of grandeur."
    -I get Quina to 1 HP, strip him/her of equipment and give Zidane the Mythril Dagger so that he can equip Bandit.
    -Thanks to 1whoistornapart I now know that a turn can quickly be taken after a Limit Glove in this fight. So Limit Glove and then Zidane steals the Ice Brand (the semi-rare steal ).
    -Went through the dialogue, delivered a letter and got another, then saved.

Here Comes the Cavalry
    -Well, it took me a while, but I finally figured out how to get around the guards. I came very close to just accepting a battle and moving on. I had to open the disc tray to slow down the frame rate to give me more time to react, but it didn't waste much time. However, when I went to give Marcus a Broadsword (yes, I did it) the screen took like 8 or 9 seconds to load, which is probably because of opening the disc tray. It beats having to manually run from a battle.
    -One of the guards in the main hall (the one that leads to the library) got me a few times, reacting almost instantly to my presence, which is bullcrap.
    -The other problem with this part is the menu navigating. Usually if I'm going to be doing shopping or equipment changing I can practice playing with the Optimize function to see what happens and then to practice doing the individual stuff, seeing where everything is in the list, and I eventually memorize it and input it really fast. It saves a lot of time, especially with four characters or a lot of items to buy. However, the equipment changing here happens after a rather difficult feat to perform that took me many many tries, so I don't really have much time to practice. So I had to go over what to do in my head, which is by far not the same thing. It went decently enough though, I was just really nervous at that point.
    -I stole the Stardust Rod from Zorn on the first try and beat down Thorn rather easily and quickly.
    -Did one last equipment change for the Beatrix battle, read a letter that Mosh got and saved.

You might notice on this picture that I skipped a save space. I instinctively pressed down and X when I should have saved over the old save that I was trying to improve upon.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-22-2007 at 04:24 AM.