Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Perfect Game File

Default My Perfect Game File

Oh the joys of being really bored at work.

Ok, so I have done the Excalibur II challenge, and it turned out to be not so bad. But that was just the pure Excalibur II challenge, going through everywhere as fast as possible, disregarding everything in your path that isn't required and get to Lich and the Excalibur II in time. I did it in about eleven hours and ten minutes, and there was a lot of stuff I could have gone back and done better, but I got it and that's all I cared about. The girl who did it on speeddemosarchive.com got to the Excalibur II in about eight hours, so I definitely didn't do it as fast as it could be done.

Then, there were people talking about a "perfect file," a definition that has been refined quite a few times. First, it was getting everything in the game, including the Excalibur II. This involves getting every single item in the game, but gives no care to stats or leveling in any way, as at that time it was thought that there wasn't enough time to do anything about that. This intrigued me, so I did this one. It is quite a bit more involved than the above challenge obviously. You get every item in the game, but you just go through the forced battle however you need to, and when you are without Zidane in the Desert Palace you try to get as few battles as possible and just fight your way through the ones that you do get. I got to the Excalibur II in eleven hours and fifty-five minutes, extremely satisfied with my game. It was actually quite fun, despite being driven very close to the brink of insanity on multiple occasions.

Then there was someone who said something about a "mock level 1 Excalibur II" game. This involved everyone except Zidane being able to attain max stats by the end of the game. Basically, this is the above challenge, just with letting Zidane take all of the exp from the forced battles. He would level up to about 32, and he could start raising his stats with the good equipment from that points on, still giving him a formidable set of stats by level 99. This challenge didn't really interest me as there was almost nothing different about it than the last one. The only thing different to do would be to let Zidane take all of the exp and to run from or avoid all of the battles in the Desert Palace.....meh, I was satisfied with my last one.

That was the last I paid attention to this challenge. In this thread I thought that 1whoistornapart was simply recording the above challenge. I neglected to realize until I watched the surprisingly long Festival of the Hunt video that someone has again altered this challenge. Someone has found a way to actually incorporate the level 1 challenge into the Excalibur II challenge. So now all items and perfect stats can be attained with a little extra speed and some luck...well some more luck (except for 1 or 2 stats points for one character in exchange for another pair of Running Shoes, which I will be getting).

So I have decided to do this challenge again, the way that the Perfect Game File was intended to be. And, since I am doing a series of PCR reactions and cloning at work I have about fours hours of free time a day, and that's going to last for a few months at least. So, to tide over my boredom at work, I will write about my journey for all who care and don't care. And I'm having trouble figuring out how to download video from my tv to my computer, but I have a digital camera so maybe I'll take a picture every once in a while.

Also, I hope that it might be alright with a moderator that I double post every once in a while so that posts don't get overly long and unreadable or anything. Pretty please

So, to start, this will not a be just a dictation of 1whoistornapart's video's, I am to Dali and I have already done a few things differently than he does, and I can imagine I'll be doing several more as things get more complex. Besides, I've only watched like a quarter of them anyway. Since he was left with 32 minutes to spare, there will be time for a few things like getting a few more Blue Magic spells and doing a few friendly monsters sooner and things like that that I might do. But I will also be doing several of the things he does, as some of his time saving tricks are rather useful. He found by the end that there is actually time to do this challenge without skipping the FMVs, I will be skipping the FMVs. That just leaves some time to do other things.

Like his trick with pressing the start button before and after FMVs. I didn't really get what he was saying at first, but I get it now. Starting with the very first FMV, there are quite a few times already (remember I'm only to Dali) where an FMV stops and there's at least ten seconds where the game is loading and the timer is running. I don't really see lag before an FMV starts, but definitely after it finishes. So he presses the start button to let the game load but stop the timer. With all the FMVs in this game that will really start to add up. However, you only have like a quarter-second to press start after an FMV is finished, if you don't get it the game won't let you press start while it is loading. However, when you open and close the disc tray on the PS2, if you just press and hold the start button after it's closed, I find that it always pauses after it skips the FMV, so no need to try and get the timing on that, which is nice.

And there's one more thing to take into account, Tanitarian. This is where the challenge divulges depending on how you want to do it. Do you fight it in the first place? And if you do, who will get the exp from the fight? The answers: I will be fighting it, as I find missing the fourth pair of Running Shoes unacceptable. However, I have not yet decided who will take the exp. If Zidane takes the exp, he will lose 1 from his max potential strength stat. Losing this one point will lower his max HP by 90 points and lower his damage by about 180. However, his damage at level 99 with max strength stat -1 will still do more than the damage cap, and by that time he will have maxed thievery. But until then he will do that bit of extra damage. On the other hand, letting Freya take exp will cause her to lose 2 from her max potential magic stat. Losing these two points will cause her max potential MP to drop by 13 points, but it will still be over 400. Will she ever use 400 MP in a single battle? And do I not have Ethers? I don't know, I'm leaning toward Freya but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm a few discs away from there, so start the show:

Vivi's Bad Ticket to a lot of Treasure
    -You'll know what that lag after an FMV is from the very first one, so holding down start after the tray closes and pausing for like several seconds not only lets the game load faster but saves you time. Also, this is my first time using the PS2 for this game, setting the PS2 to fast loading and smooth edges really makes a difference.
    -If you attempt it enough times you can steal everything from Baku in the very first round. I didn't know that Cinna hits the same way that Quina does, in the times that I've tried this before he hit himself for like 13 damage and Baku KOed him, but this time he hit himself for like 300 damage. That would have been nice against Baku the next time you fight him.
    -They say that since you won't be able to see the moogle letter about the jump rope in disc 4 that it doesn't count. That's rubbish, this is about completion and perfection. So while I'm treasure hunting with Vivi, I do 51 jumps. The guide for this says that you need to do 100, you don't, only 50 (or maybe 50+, thus the 51, don't want to chance it). I also got the Cactuar Card, which will come in handy when I enter a certain tournament later.
    -All the treasure hunting went smoothly, although I can't seem to not run into people on the way back to the first screen. Ah well. Got all the items including the two in the house that the girl needs to run out of and the moogle letter.

Stage Fight
    -So, in the fight against King Baku I got 3 Pyros and a Poly, which kind of peeved me. But I kept going, and luckily I did because....
    -I impressed 100 Nobles.....THE FIRST TIME THROUGH.....ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT WITH THIS PART.....*Hallelujah*. I can't believe this happened, I always have such a hard time with this. The last time I did this segment it was my like 20th try with this part and I impressed 100 nobles on the third try with the fight. So very very happy.
    -Got the moogle letter that no one will see but I will know I got, the phoenix down and saved.

And here is the moogle letter that will disappear on disc 4:

Stage Bomb
    -Apparently I was a little too happy about the last segment. I went through finding all of the knights and getting the elixir. I went through the part where I equip Zidane with the Mage Masher. I found that halfway through my last run with this that the Optimize function is much faster than equipping individually. Well luckily I did that this time and realized the there was no Moonstone equipped to my accessory slot, I forgot to get it. But it's ok, I just had to get it on the way out instead of the way in.
    -I tried to get the first fight with Steiner so that Cinna got two turns so that maybe he could steal both items from Steiner. After many tries I decided it wasn't worth it. I stole the Silk Shirt and was done with it.
    -Doing the FMV pause trick saves like 30 seconds in this segment, the equivalent of a random battle that I might give myself later if I'm really frustrated.
    -All the battles went rather smoothly and quickly, yay.

Crash and Burn-Prison Cage
    -And now with random encounters the challenge officially gets difficult. Since a level 1 challenge is being employed, random battles need to happen as little as humanly possible, the time they take is just too much to let them happen in any kind of frequency. Getting through this first screen with no random battles is annoying, but not as annoying as it is later.
    -Prison Cage battles are simple, although always starting with an empty ATB is a little annoying. Still, no stealing needs to happen, so just kill and be done with it. In this first fight, Steiner could have not attacked, because he missed his attack and Zidane took Prison Cage out all by his tranced lonesome. Oh well, 5 seconds won't kill me.
    -I got to the Ice Cavern before I realized that I missed the Rubber Helm in the screen where you fight Baku, which upset me greatly, so I had to do this area and the next again. Otherwise, treasure hunting went fine, although people kept getting in my way trying to go from screen to screen.
    -I was tempted to steal the Iron Sword from Baku, but the timing and Potion needing just isn't worth it. Steiner's Fire Sword does more than enough damage against Plant Brain, which is the only fight he is in until I can buy an Iron Sword, so meh.
    -Letter from Ruby.

Evil Forest and Plant Brain
    -There's a reason this is called the Evil Forest, and it's because it won't let you not have a random encounter, it just won't. The first screen is again annoying, but then you have two more screens to get through. In the second and third screen I use the run-stop-run trick that for some reason sometimes seems to let you avoid getting a random encounter...sometimes. It took FOREVER, but I finally made it through with no encounters to the next moogle.
    -Letter delivered, got one from Stiltzkin and saved triumphantly.

-Yet another FMV with a 12 second load time to be paused for. The final screen was being a bitch about not giving me a random encounter, but I finally got through.
    -Worrying about the Plant Brain fight is irrelevant to worrying about the fight afterwards. However, on the attempt that led to a 2 Plant Spider fight, I got through the whole fight without Plant Brain getting a move. Yay
    -The 2 Plant Spiders both took a whack at Zidane before Vivi killed them, but that's more than ok.
    -10 second FMV load time saved (you get the point, I'll stop now )
    -Getting through all of this speech is the first time I noticed how much the square+X mashing moves the dialogue along faster than just X mashing.
    -I remembered how annoying the Ice Cavern was last time, so when I leave the Evil Forest I run to the Ice Cavern while the "Mist Continent" is still on the screen and I enter the Ice Cavern and let all of the introductory speech happen, then I exit and save on the world map. For future reference, taking a few steps back so that you all you need to do is press X to enter the next area and then saving is a wise move.

Ice Cavern Treasure Hunt of Doom
    -And thank god I did that.
    -So, the goal here is to get all of the treasure and get into only 2 battles, 3 is acceptable but I wanted 2 so that I could possibly save time. I finally got 2 with some interesting screen changing which I devised after noticing how close some of the chests were to the beginning of a screen.
    -First screen, got the tent, to the second screen.
    -Go to the right to get the chest behind the ice. Go back to the first screen to reset the random encounters and back to the second screen. Up and around to get the chest on the left, up and around and back to the first screen to reset. Back to the second screen and up to the third screen. SOMEHOW I got no battles. Had I had a battle while trying to get the chest on the left I would have just went straight to the third screen.
    -Go to the chest on the right up high, then drop the ledge and get the chest down low. Then to the fourth screen. Got a battle on the way to the fourth screen.
    -In the fourth screen, go the right and get that chest. Back to the third screen.
    -Go knock down the ice wall in the upper left area, get that chest, and back to the fourth screen.
    -Go left, knock down the icy wall, all the way down to the final chest, all the way back up and around and to the screen with the fork in the road. I was 2 steps from exiting this screen when I got my second battle. But, I wanted only two encounters, and after about an hour and a half of trying I finally got it. It just would have been cool to get only 1.
    -Got a letter and finally saved.

2 on 1: Black Waltz No. 1
    -After the text, the fight is pretty straightforward. Kill the Black Waltz and heal when needed. The part that can mess this fight up is Zidane being a bad thief. You need to steal the Mythril Dagger AND get a few hits in on the Sealion before you trance. Zidane's inability to steal can put quite a damper on all of that. I think on my sixth attempt I finally was able to steal the Mythril Dagger (and the Ether ) and still get a hit a from the front and back row in time. Sealion goes from blue to dead with those two hits and a Tidal Flame.
    -On the way out, got no encounters on the first go
    -I saved in the little forest outside of Dali.

That's where I am now. When I get home I will go back and put times at my saving. I am not sure if I want to go ahead and use the friendly Mu here to get some AP, or if it's not worth it. Or maybe start doing the Ragtimer thing. I don't know, I'll probably just go to Dali. This level 1 thing is actually kind of fun. I will be going home in about 30 minutes, so more fun Final Fantasy IX-I currenlty have no life-action to come.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-30-2007 at 05:30 AM.

Right on, man.

It's cool to double post in a thread like this if you're updating. I do it all the time in my challenge journal threads.

Good luck with your challenge. I'd like to do this myself at some point.

good luck in your challenge, heres YouTube - FFIX E2PG - Part 73: Tantarian whoistornaparts battle with tantarion if you need help making the decision, read the description as well hope you do well

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

So, I'm not claiming to be perfect at photo editing or anything, but I think the jest of what I want to come across is there. Took a picture of the moogle letter that will disappear for proof. And there's another that I will have to take a picture of later. Ok, enough fun with the camera.

Dali
    -The reason I don't like children is because of this area. It's a pretty simple area, just a bunch of dialogue and my first go with shopping. But I can't go anywhere because those two annoying children keep getting in my way. But, I got 99 Wrists for making Cotton Robes later, 1 Iron Sword and 2 Feather Hats. This is one of those areas that is open during disc 4, so getting the treasure above ground isn't necessary. Below ground however is needed, but you don't get into random battles yet so it's cool. Just a lot of dialogue.
    -Delivered the letter earlier and got another right before the save.

Black Waltz attack
    -FINALLY!!! The first area of this part is very annoying. Not because of trying to get no random encounters, but because of ALL OF THE DIALOGUE. So I have to go through the rest of the underground and through the dialogue and re-equip everyone every single time I got a second random encounter. But, I finally got through, and I don't really care that I mess up a few other things after that point.
    -Black Waltz No. 2 battle actually went rather well. It didn't use the mass Fira spell at all, so it went rather quickly.
    -Black Waltz No. 3 battle I made a slight error on. I was trying to keep all members alive so that I could get AP for everyone. Well, there is no AP after this battle, so that was all for naught. However, I way too far into this long segment to worry about that.
    -After all of the dialogue, I read the letter from Ruby two times by accident, but this segment was all but done so I didn't care. I'm a bit off from what I was last time, but I'm still a few minutes ahead of schedule, so that's more than fine.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 10-03-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Sweet! Good job! I would so totally do this if my copy didn't freeze everytime I enter a battle...

Looking good so far. If I wasn't trying to play a million games right now already, I'd totally jump in with you.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Excellent stuff! Good luck with the challenge, you're certainly a stronger man than I to attempt it.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Lindblum
    -Lots of treasure hunting, lots of menu navigating, lots of dialogue. So I start with the hard part, the menu navigating. The first Cotton Robe purchasing can't be done all at once, so it's a tad tedious. Since that's the part I would probably mess up on, I do it first. Luckily, I had 11 Ethers and a Phoenix Pinion, so that's 12,000 gil to work with, along with the rest of the gil I already had. After making my second-to-last round of Cotton Robes and selling them, I buy my first missable shop item.
    -1 Javelin. Javelins synthesize into Save the Queens, of which I only need 1. I also need 1 for Freya plus 1. Freya comes with 1, there's 1 in Ipsen's Castle, and this makes 3.
    On my last round of Cotton Robes I make The Ogre as well.
    -Treasure hunting was ok, especially with no random battles to deal with. I messed up the first few times going to the wrong part of town, I'm a little trigger happy skipping all of this dialogue.
    -Delivered a letter and got another.

Festival of the Hunt
    -This is one of my favorite parts of the game. Doing this at level 1 is a bit of a challenge, which makes it more fun. I make equipment give me the highest Spirit possible since I will be equipping The Ogre, so I won't have the Bandit ability to bypass the first step of stealing. I steal Ore from the Trick Sparrows. I found six, but there are 2 that fly above the buildings, and I don't know how to make them attack me. Ah well, 4 Ore plus the one found in Lindblum will help me with a few friendly monsters.
    -The Zaghnol fight finally went alright, perfectly actually. A tent worked on the first try, and Zidane stole the Mythril Gloves first and then the Needle Fork without failing to steal at all. I made up about 40 seconds doing that, so I'm pretty much back on schedule.
    -Got the Wyerd card, a letter and saved.

Mist Continent Mayhem
    -I'm going to lump a bunch of stuff together that goes on while out in the Mist Continent before Gizamaluke's Grotto.
    -First, getting Quina. With a few tries, you can get through here with no random battles easy. Nothing really to do except get him/her and get through the area. I make it about half way to the Chocobo Forest and save.

-Next, getting Choco and a few chocographs. I had to try about 12 times to run to the chocobo forest with no random encounter. I save after getting Choco because of that and because you aren't always guaranteed a chocograph in every hunt, and I want to do this as few times as possible.

-Next, I get the first chocograph, which is always Streamside.

-Next, I try to get either Small Beach or Healing Shores. After about 3 tries I get Small Beach.

-Then I get Healing Shores. This one took about 20 tries, at least. Along the way I also dug up three Gysahl Greens, which will do for the remainder of the game.

-After that's all done, I equip my party for Gizamaluke's Grotto and go learn Limit Glove. It took quite some time to both get a battle with Mandragoras on the first try and not get obliterated by three of them, but I finally got it, and I ran from the battle so didn't lose any gil. Got the stuff in the nearby South Gate and then went to Gizamaluke's Grotto via Choco. I went through the initial dialogue and got the first bell, then went back outside and saved.

Wow, I'm already getting close to the end of the first disc. However, the level 1 part of this challenge officially starts here with the upcoming Black Mage battle.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 10-03-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Gizamaluke's Grotto
    -So, I want to go through this area, doing this horrid Type A x2 battle as such: Petrify both using Quina's Needle Fork, which means no exp. This isn't that difficult to do, except I'm on a time constraint, which makes it dramatically more difficult. I have been trying this for like five hours. I got a few kind of ok ones, but none I was really happy with. Then my persistence paid off, this battle couldn't have really gone more perfectly (REALLY wish I could figure out this tv to computer thing!)
    1. Zidane starts with near full ATB, tent to Type A 1, it hits.
    2. Vivi, tent to Type A 2, it hits. Type A's both try to cast.
    3. Freya, antidote to Type A 1.
    4. Zidane, antidote to Type A 2.
    5. Vivi, potion to Type A 1.
    6. Quina attacks Type A 1, petrified. Type A 2 tries to cast.
    7. Freya, potion to Type A 2.
    8. Quina attacks Type A 2, petrified.
    I cannot believe I finally got this. There are of course ways this could have gone a bit faster, but that would be nit-picking. After this unbelievably lucky battle I run back outside and save, well worth that extra 20ish seconds.

After that, it wouldn't be a waste if I tried to get the Gizamaluke's Bell from the soldier behind the left bell door and just get one random encounter, I need one to knock out Quina anyway, might as well be efficient since that Type A battle made my day. So, got the second bell from the soldier in the first room, ran past the black mage to skip that battle, got the bell from the soldier on the balcony, and proceeded onward. I am quite comfortably ahead of schedule. I set up my Kupo Nuts rewards for later, read a letter and saved.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-04-2007 at 09:25 PM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

well done. this has got to be one of the hardest challenges i've heard of. Good Luck on finishing it!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Gizamaluke's place sucks on a level 1 game even without a time constraint. Good job sticking with it.

Almost done with disc 1! Looks like you're doing really well so far.

Beware the Lockness Monster
    -Now to fight Gizamaluke. But first, Quina must be prepared for Limit Glove. So use a Phoenix Down, reset if you don't get 1 HP. A tad annoying, but fast, so it's not a big deal. On the time that I kept the battle, Zidane stole the Ice Staff on his one steal. Could have used that good stealing during the Festival of the Hunt, but I won't complain.
    -After the fight, scenes with Steiner and Dagger. Got the Multina Racket and a letter, and I end up saving here. I know there is just dialogue after this and then I could save on the world map, but I kept messing up or the world map would give me a random battle after like 5 steps, and I wasn't having that. And then I got the Ice Staff on my last Gizamaluke battle, so I decided to save.

Jogging Is Good Exercise
    -So now I just run up to the train, then through the dialogue. When I get to the world map, I run over to the mountains by Cleyra's Trunk and I get a little ways down the mountain range before I save in fear of a random battle. This took a few tries, but since I didn't have to redo Gizamaluke anymore, it was worth it.

More Mist Mayhem
    -More stuff to do around the Mist Continent before going to Burmecia. I'll lump them all together here.
    -First, learning Night. It's on the way to getting Choco and his Reef upgrade, and will make some forced battles dramatically easier. But first, this took FOREVER. Apparently (or at least for me), Nymphs aren't as common as the other two monsters in this area. And even then, they can come as a single or a double, and I need a double. So I have to keep reseting everytime I don't get a double. And then there's the problem of the actual battle. I was just getting really unlucky repeatedly. They would both start off with Fira before I could get a turn, which means two party members KOed. Or they would start with Night, and even though Quina has Insomniac equipped, I don't have any remedies...(*cough*Isoldthem*cough*), and I could never get Quina to attack one of the party members lightly. So attacking twice with Freya and either once with Zidane or a Fire from Vivi was just taking too long, I wasn't getting lucky with their attacks. Then I remember that I had stolen the Ice Staff, I had Blizzara at my disposal. So, I tested this out, and Vivi can almost kill them or he can kill them, depending on the random factor of his attack, so that would work much faster, with the possibility of not working at all. Better odds that what I had. So, I had one battle where I surprise attacked, it was perfect. Blizzara, Eat, Flee...I was so happy. Then I went to take a few steps closer to the chocobo tracks to reduce the random battle chances. 3 FREAKIN STEPS AND I GET ANOTHER RANDOM BATTLE!!! I was PISSED. But after several more tries I get a good one. Vivi casts Blizzara almost at the beginning, it doesn't KO the Nymph. Nymph casts Night, but it misses Zidane, and Quina is protected. So eat and run. I figured that crap ealier wouldn't happen again, and I was right.

-Next, upgrading Choco. I was still a bit away from the chocobo tracks and I got in a random battle a few times, but nothing a few resets can't fix. With some practice you can hit these chocographs on the first try, which saves a little time. Upgraded and ran through Gizamaluke's Grotto still dodging the Black Mage. I only had to redo it because of a random battle once, which was nice. Ran a little towards the chocobo tracks and saved.

-Next, it takes me a few tries, but I get to the chocobo tracks. Choco and I go find Small Beach and Streamside. Again, practice makes perfect. Then I save outside of Gizamaluke's Grotto.

Update
    -And finally, I get the final Gizamaluke Bell. Since this is a challenge of completion, I will be getting all of them. So, I set Vivi up with his new Oak Staff and every item to boost Spirit. I gave Zidane and Freya the two Germinas Boots I just got so he can learn Flee faster and get rid of the needing the Dagger. Also Alert will stop the back attacks, those are instant death for the level 1 party. No one has the Moonstone since Dagger will be needing it.
    -The battle went rather smoothly. Quina got hit by a spell before s/he could perform Night, but wasn't even put into critical HP. Both Stops worked the first time. No random encounters through the Grotto. Looted North Gate, did the opening dialogue for Burmecia, went ahead and got the Cancer coin, and saved outside of Burmecia. I will be doing the next section for quite a few tries.

My time here was 2:48:30. I did this section over because I was getting really tired of doing the opening dialogue in Burmecia over and over. I timed it, and the added 32 seconds is about how long the opening dialogue takes, so no time wasted.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-10-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Burmecia
    -Burmecia is currently being a first-rate bitch, as it was the last time I did this challenge. I don't quite remember how I got through with just 1 battle last time, but I can't seem to do it now. And there's the added bonus of having to do the Type A battle the level 1 way, and it isn't working out that great. Of the many times I've tried this so far, ONCE Quina has started the battle. All the rest of the time Quina is usually going last, plenty of time for the Type A's to kill two of my party members, usually Quina being one of them. So I've tried this at least 50 times, I'd say 15 were restarts because of a battle in the first screen, 20 of them were restarts because of a bad Type A battle, and 15 were restarts because of too many random battles. I currently have a save with 2 random battles, but I don't like it. The Type A battle was really long, and in both random battle all enemies on the screen took a turn before Zidane used Flee, and I lost a minute and a half.

This part may drive me a little insane.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-07-2007 at 06:33 AM.

Burmecia was pretty bad, but nothing topped Cleyra in sheer grating annoyance and difficulty. Will you still be level 1 at that point in this challenge?

Yes. Part of this challenge now is max stats, which means starting at level 1 with the best gear, which can't happen until much later in the game. It will play out almost exactly like a level 1 Ozma challenge, I just won't have time to max any of the uber-strong skills, and I will be fighting Tanatarian. One character can gain the exp from Tanatarian and one can gain the exp from each of the monsters in Pandemonium. The one who kills Tanatarian will lose 1 or 2 points from one of their stat's max potential in exchange for the fourth pair of Running Shoes. There are only four in the game, and I say if you're not going to get all of the missable items of finite numbers then why bother with a perfect file, so the exchange is worth it. But if set up correctly, one character can gain the exp from each of the Pandemonium monsters and not lose any of their stat potential.

So the only fight so far I have received exp from is from the 2 Plant Spider fight. I used the Needle Fork against the first set of Type A's, and I used Stop against the second set in Gizamaluke's Grotto, and I will use Stop on the set in Burmecia. I will use Stop on the future Black Mages, make the Alexandrian Soldiers flee from battle, and have Beatrix absorb the exp from the Bandersnatches. I will have one character Zombied in the Iifa Tree. That's all I can remember of staying at level 1, I'm sure there's more, I just don't have it infront of me.

I was becoming rather angry last night trying to do Burmecia so I had to stop. I will try again this evening.
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 09-06-2007 at 09:07 PM.