Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My avs and banners...

*reply to Ramza's comment in the Rate the Set thread*
    My, my, Ramza, you're flattering me
    I'm glad you like it

*back to this topic*

Thank you

Well, I tried shadow on the whole text, but it kinda ruined the orange of it, so I had to make a separate layer and put shadow only on the white. Maybe I indeed needed a bit more, but it seems fine as it is to me. And shadow against a black background = no effect.

Btw, you said that the songs in my sigs are good. Do you happen to know them?

Thank you very much for your comments, they make me want to do more

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Selena_Akariko View Post
    I'm glad you like it

*back to this topic*

Selena
    You're welcome

You could maybe use another color for the shadow, it works sometimes . About the songs, I know most of them and I really like them .

About the comments, you're welcome . Every sigmaker grows step by step, and you're achieving great levels. I know you can get more and more quality .

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I'm glad you like it

*back to this topic*

Selena
    You're welcome

You could maybe use another color for the shadow, it works sometimes . About the songs, I know most of them and I really like them .

About the comments, you're welcome . Every sigmaker grows step by step, and you're achieving great levels. I know you can get more and more quality .
    Works sometimes, but not this time...

Thank you yet again for your compliments on my works

Selena

Blog Entries

Hmmmmm I think text is the main problem! Not the fonts or colour but the space Like you just read text and the banner as image is put aside Try to make perhaps many banners but with just two sentences or just one and work more on the image

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Hmmmmm I think text is the main problem! Not the fonts or colour but the space Like you just read text and the banner as image is put aside Try to make perhaps many banners but with just two sentences or just one and work more on the image
    Well, that's what happens when you're working with song lyrics. You want to incert a complete part of the song, and ripping just a line or two just, well... Feels wrong.

Besides, I see my text as a part of my sig-making style. You probably noticed that I try to vary the fonts, the text style and so on. It's hard to make text read-able against the most of the backgrounds. I experiment with different outlines in order to make it readable and fitting the background.

Perhaps the image itself indeed gets little work, but most of the ones I use don't need any work at all (except for the screenshots, maybe). But if the image misses something, I add it, like with the second Garnet sig. But the images I use are usually wallpapers made by other people, so few of them actually need to be changed in any way.

I'll try to follow your advice when I do my next work, though...

Thanks for the comment.

Selena

when it comes to songs and their lyrics, i think it's better to do wallpapers... then you can use more text, and still have plenty of room for the picture...

in sigs, well it's alot harder, because as you said selena you don't just want to rip one or two sentences out because it basically rips the feeling apart as well, but what it does when you put too much text in a sig, is that the sig fades away... the one your using now has probably the maximum amount of text before it overshadows the picture, at least with your current text-styles... with mostly using outlines that is...

i think you should try changing the syle of the text (not the font i mean but like the placement and stuff like that, different things you know) to find ways you can fit the text in without overshadowing the rest... some tips could be; changing opacity, blending the text in with the sigs in different ways, different sizes of words, try different placements of words, and maybe some other efffects besides outlines... i can't think of more right now but i'm sure there's plenty you could try... you can check other sigs as well to get some inspiration and own ideas...

otherwise your current sig is great... really well done and a nice feeling to it... and the text is also ok, not too much

the sun one... i think that it has too much text in it... i'm not saying the text itself is bad but it REALLY overshadows the sig...

hope you appreciate the advice
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

Well, about the topic of the font... You could try one named "BitDustTwo" It works pretty well when you want to use lyrics, and it can be readable even in text of 8 points. Also, you could ad just the sentence of more revelance to you in the sig, the one that makes you feel more pleased. As you can see, each of us has good abilities in their own style, but we learn of each, doesn't it? I like the sun one, I love it, but imagine it with two sentences and an effect like in polaris' sigs or a border like in mine's, you have potential, I can see it in your signatures, and I know you're evolving with your works, your current one being a fact of that statement, don't you think? .

What I would suggest is that you ask some of us for some tutorial in different styles. Doing that, you will be doing greater sigs, what do you think?
    Last edited by Ramza Beoulve; 12-13-2007 at 07:22 PM.

yeeeah very well said ramza

being a good sigmaker isn't about just knowing you one style and being the best at it... it's about being able to do different things as well as your own... of course you can have a favourite style that you lika more and are better at...

but at least you should've tried deifferent ones before you decide to go with just one, who knows you might even find another one which you like even more...

so take ramzas advice into consideration... you don't ecven have to use tutorials, just get some tips and try for yourself...
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

Well, you guys have a point...

Ramza, could you give me a link to where I can download that font?

Timster, I tried experimenting with different text styles before, and came to a conclusion that outlines and shadows are the best effects.
    All I have tried is in that gallery, not only in that folder, but scattered all around it.
    And now that I look at it, the sun sig indeed has too much text And yet again, it's the greatness of this song's fault :rolleyes2

Well, I'll take the advice and tips given to me, and maybe try some of them. I'm not as experienced Photoshop user as I might seem, so...

Still, thank you both

Selena

New style sig! Inspired by Timster's works

Comments, please

Selena

Good work Selena, maybe the font used in "to a" or the style could be different. A tip would be that you try to not put text over a character, but over all, it is a great work Selena .

By the way, here is the font, I hope you like it .

Good work Selena, maybe the font used in "to a" or the style could be different. A tip would be that you try to not put text over a character, but over all, it is a great work Selena .

Well, that pic was too little to move the charachter away :rolleyes2 And the word Fly looked good only in that spot.

Thank you

Selena

Well, that pic was too little to move the charachter away :rolleyes2 And the word Fly looked good only in that spot.

Thank you

Selena
    The Fly is excellent, also the position of the image, only the "Dream" text needs a reposition n.n, everything is great Selena . Oh, and you're welcome .

A new one:

Your comments, please

Selena

Well, having no comments speaks for itself...

Anyway, a new one:

Selena