Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My avs and banners...

Nice! lol, the message in the text is really great! ^.- i liek the borders ^^

I think you could definately improve the text

Well, here's a new sig, after a long while... It was meant for the Sigmakers' Challenge, but Polaris said it doesn't fit.

Comments are welcome

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

Blog Entries

Yeah Unfortunately I changed rules so people could improve! Design is not just paste two images, it's a long process to work images and you can add brushes or not! But the truth is each people have their own style that's correct, but also what you make in PS anyone can make in Paint! I think you should improve the blending, follow some tutorials ^^ or ask someone to teach you design! Owen Macwere taught me and I'm teaching Sir Edeon X!

^^ Good luck

It's great Selena, but I agree with Polaris about improve your style, because you can find a lot of way to blend your sig with everything around it. The only thing I don't agree with Polaris is about the Paint comment. I think that was unnecessarily rough.

Anyways Selena, I know you can do great sigs, just believe in yourself , you can do it.

Blog Entries

Hm I just said the truth! You should follow some tutorials, they're a great help and might help you to find your real style! I'm gonna say smth that don't interpert as rude but as a truth: if you'd go to foruns of design you'd get really really harsh critics! You're lucky that at eoff we love creative people! Even I think eoff have great designers and you can also be one, just try brushes and tutorials! There are awsomne tutorials at DeviantArt and some are not really hard to follow! I myself followed one PS tutorial in GIMP!

With time and if you're willing to accept different things, you can get good! I spent a lot of times hearing harsh critics most of them even made me want to gaive up! Even Owen recieved bad critics! We all do! So someone had to be the first and give the harsh critic! Think this way: it's just for my own good! Because it is! When people give you harsh critics, it's for u to become good, the best!

So list theses thinsg before you make another sig:
    - Search for other works
    - Search for tutorials
    - Download some brushes

After that you'll be on a good way!

Tutorials are the best way to go when starting off. They show you quick and easy ways on how to start doing well blended sigs. Then you just experiment with different aspects and before you know it, you're a master!

To follow the old cliche: Practice makes perfect

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Hm I just said the truth! You should follow some tutorials, they're a great help and might help you to find your real style! I'm gonna say smth that don't interpert as rude but as a truth: if you'd go to foruns of design you'd get really really harsh critics! You're lucky that at eoff we love creative people! Even I think eoff have great designers and you can also be one, just try brushes and tutorials! There are awsomne tutorials at DeviantArt and some are not really hard to follow! I myself followed one PS tutorial in GIMP!

With time and if you're willing to accept different things, you can get good! I spent a lot of times hearing harsh critics most of them even made me want to gaive up! Even Owen recieved bad critics! We all do! So someone had to be the first and give the harsh critic! Think this way: it's just for my own good! Because it is! When people give you harsh critics, it's for u to become good, the best!

So list theses thinsg before you make another sig:
    - Search for other works
    - Search for tutorials
    - Download some brushes

After that you'll be on a good way!
    You didn't need that much "!" either , but yeah, just do that list, but don't do it before, do it WHILE you are doing a sig, because others works help with ideas for your own. About the tutorials, just search in design forums for them, or ask us for our speciality and how to reach them, what do you think?

And yeah, there's nothing more true than James quote: "Practice makes perfection"

Ok now it's my turn to give my opinion ^^

Yes, what Polaris said about people being harsh with no reason in most design forums is true.
    That's what I like here in Eoff, people like creative people and new things, not just the same style.

So that's where I don't agree with "tutorials", I mean, don't follow them. You can have a look at them, to learn some tecnhiques, I just don«t agree with people tending to follow the same style. over and over...

I am counting on you to bring here new and creative things.

As for the "technical " part, yes, you have to work on blending ; light ; text . But I am sure you can do it.

good luck

i agree with what's been said... i think that there is nothing WRONG with your style but there are definitely some things you should work on when it comes to the "technical" bit as megami said...

sure i'm all for people finding their own styles but i also want people to at least be open to and try new things... and not just insist on doing the same thing all the time... in the end it gets boring...

my advice would be: you have your style already... now try to perfect it by improving your skills in the technical part...

that's all... and btw i reeeeally think you can do better than the last one... just saying...
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

Just a new sig I made for myself:

Selena

Wooow i REAALLY like it... it's your best so far i think...

and you really nailed the text... it's excellent... and the blending is great as well... and of course the entire sig has a great feeling to it...

4 stars out of 5 keep it up!
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

A beautiful sig indeed, good work n.n, sadly, the last words gets lost in that image. Aside of that, the sig is lovely and great Selena

I just wanna say, the picture was originally that way, only the text and the border are mine... Text is from a song.

Quote Originally Posted by Selena_Akariko View Post
    I just wanna say, the picture was originally that way, only the text and the border are mine... Text is from a song.
    I supposed that. Don't worry about it, sometimes, the images are great by themselves, and with just some modifications it can be a great sig. Just continue your practice, ok? n.n