Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My avs and banners...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Selena_Akariko View Post
    I just wanna say, the picture was originally that way, only the text and the border are mine... Text is from a song.
    I supposed that. Don't worry about it, sometimes, the images are great by themselves, and with just some modifications it can be a great sig. Just continue your practice, ok? n.n

actually i thought the opposite... that you'd blended it yourself... not that it really matters that much... just maybe next sig you can try to blend yourself instead? it's harder of course but just think of how many things you can do... in the beginning i was VERY lousy at it and even afraid to try... now almost EVERYTHING i make is blended, unfortunately i cover all the hard work up with brushes which i'm trying to learn not to do... and people would never guess that i've blended many renders and images myself... just think of all the possibilities!
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i liked the old one better .. this one is still awsome.. but i liked the old one so much

Comments, please

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh lol, i didnt realize thats a real pic of water

very nice, the font looks a bit strange to me, but my opinion doesnt really matter

Blog Entries

Avoid mixing real pictures (aka photographs) with anime or 3d images. It must be a great master to do that (it's so hard I think I saw that just once) and most time it just don't fit, you get the clear idea what you did you joined the two images. Sometimes what I try to do is make the photograph looking like it was also drawn! So like that you don't know what I transformed or what was the original. Also when it comes about water and crystal try to make a soft outline on the character in white, it'll get an idea of "pure".

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Avoid mixing real pictures (aka photographs) with anime or 3d images. It must be a great master to do that (it's so hard I think I saw that just once) and most time it just don't fit, you get the clear idea what you did you joined the two images. Sometimes what I try to do is make the photograph looking like it was also drawn! So like that you don't know what I transformed or what was the original. Also when it comes about water and crystal try to make a soft outline on the character in white, it'll get an idea of "pure".
    That's actually my opinion this time. Work with real pictures only with real people or something that looks really real. Right now we doesn't have that much or tecnology for creating 3D images that look really real (one year or two, maybe), but anyways, it's a good aproach with a good concept, but with the wrong images. Good luck .

yeah i agree with the others and also i didn't think the text fit in well with the sig... it looked alright but didn't fit in...

Thanks for comments, people. This one was actually just a random try to do something new and see how it looks. I'll keep what you said in mind when (and if) I make a new one...

Selena

i like how you used real pics as bg's for your latest sigs, nice work of blending it with the pic.

Blog Entries

I have an idea, why don't you make photomanipulations?
    It's quite easy and you can use different pictures and no effects! That'd be good

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I have an idea, why don't you make photomanipulations?
    It's quite easy and you can use different pictures and no effects! That'd be good
    Well, I might try it, but the pics I have are mostly scenery, and I need people or something to make good things :rolleyes2 Thanks for the idea, though

Selena

Blog Entries

Well photomanipualtiosn is all about mixing lasncapes with real people! Check Deviantart and stock images they have tons over there! IT's more simple than it looks

Well, here's a new one. I saw the background image while browsing the internet, and couldn't resist the urge to make something out of it. Now, here's my depressing sig:

Love hurts...

Comments welcome.

Selena

Blog Entries

omg is that a brush around the image?? I think nect level is to change colours in Photoshop Play around with colours and you'll keep developing!

I'm soooo sorry for this but I don't think it's good at all...

first of all the red borderish thing is really out of place, and it's not that good and doesn't even go all the way to the right or all the way down (not that it really has to but the right is just empty and it's not like there is a concept that would make it fit like for example White_Dove who leaves empty spaces at sides, at least there is a conept there because she fills them with at least a solid color and doesn't just leave the image as it is)
    second it's really messy, the image, and you can't really see the person, mostly the trees and the house in the back... it's not that good and it doesn't even look blended at all...
    third the text NEEDS effects, and the white doesn't fit just like that, perhaps if you blended more it could work with the white but certainly not just like that...
    and also in the bottom right kind of area there's something blue which clashes veeery much with the rest...

you've done better sigs... and although I get that there might be alot of feeling involved in making this one I don't think that it shows at all, because the way the sig is made it doesn't even look like you cared about it, more like something you just threw together as if it was just something meaningless...

I really think that if you want to continue and get better you should ask for advice, I don't use PS but you can still ask for advice about things in progress or you can ask others, I'm sure they'd help out and give you some tips and advice if you just asked...

I know this sounds really harsh and believe me when I say it's nothing personal at all, I'm just telling you what I think, you might disagree all you want but at least that was my opinions, it's better to give advice than to lie and only say stuff people want to hear...

I'm sorry...