Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64! Oh my god!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Great, so now throw Golden Eye away.

And conjure up the courage to play the much more sense making Perfect Dark with Voluptuous Joanna Dark.

I played the multiplayer with friends recently but never owned the game ( understandable as I never owned an N64 ). Its was fun but the game has aged badly, Im not heavy into my FPS's but I think the Timesplitter series is much more fun in multiplayer ( there made by the same company no? ).

My type of FPS's are along the lines of Deus Ex, Half Life and the Shock series. Well actually those lot are the only FPS's I like....

Frankly I could never get into Perfect Dark. Once I've gotten that least cheat on Caverns I'm probably gonna just play through it all from scratch yet again.

Then I'm gonna fire up my PC and play Doom3.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Perfect Dark is even better than Goldeneye, but they are both retardedly good games and Goldeneye does have a certain position of importance which PD can't claim to.

Good times.
    I never personally owned the game but I borrowed that game for a ridiculous amount of time and loved it. It is definitely a good game but it hasn't aged well. I recently played it months ago and I was surprised at how crappy the graphics were. I know that graphics aren't necessarily important, but they were still better in my memories.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

i remember many a night staying up playing 4 player golden gun while listening to KoRn back in the day with my friends...ohman what fun....the amounts of coca cola we drank were astronomical!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good in context, but unplayable by today's standards.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

I though I lost mine... (Maybe I just misplaced it.) so I bought another one in just case.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Brilliant for the time but I played it recently and couldn't stomach the now awful gameplay...shame that game's as good as this have to age so badly.

GoldenEye was absolutely awesome. Perfect Dark was pretty cool, but didn't have a huge impact on me like GoldenEye did.

I remember taking my N64 around to friends places who don't really play video games, and we always ended up spending all day/all night playing GoldenEye. It just hooked everyone!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Oh good grief! That game ROCKED!!!! All those 4 player matches we played.

Timesplitters (2 in particular) pretty much beats it in every way. It's made by the same guys after they left rare and it's pretty much a GoldenEye/Perfect Dark sequel.

It's better and it doesn't look like ass by todays standards. Shame nobody brought it.

Those guys (Free Radical) are also making that Haze game which will probably have similar multiplayer.
    Word/s.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I played the multiplayer with friends recently but never owned the game ( understandable as I never owned an N64 ). Its was fun but the game has aged badly, Im not heavy into my FPS's but I think the Timesplitter series is much more fun in multiplayer ( there made by the same company no? ).

My type of FPS's are along the lines of Deus Ex, Half Life and the Shock series. Well actually those lot are the only FPS's I like....
    Timesplitters was made by free radical wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Timesplitters was made by free radical wasn't it?
    Yes, Free Radical was started by a bunch of people who left Rare towards the end of Perfect Darks development. It's why Rare haven't made a good FPS (or game?) since Perfect Dark.
    Word/s.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Don't you just hate it when people die slowly and then there's someone behind them shooting at you, but you can't hit them because the dead guy keeps filling his body with your bullets? Yeah, I hate that >;o

I'm playing the game right now and I'm trying to take the first level on 00 agent, but I can't seem to be able to do it ;o I'm finished on Agent, and I'm up to Silo on Secret Agent.