Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64! Oh my god!

Default GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64! Oh my god!

If you don't get the title then poo to you.

I dug out the N64 last week and have been playing GoldenEye non-stop. Started a new game and I've already managed to unlock 007 mode and every single cheat (except 2x RC-P90; Caverns on 00 Agent in under 9:30... I have enough trouble completing the level at all damn it!)

Before I played the game I was never into first person shooters, but now... well, I still don't play loads of them because I can't control them on a console and my PC's getting so old that carbon dating isn't particularly accurate on it anymore.

I also never really got to play the multiplayer in depth on this game; the only time I ever did was against people who really sucked (running around with 1 bullet left in the clip and not thinking to press B to reload, and failing to realise basic stuff like holding A and pressing Z to cycle backwards through weapons)

But seriously, isn't this just one of the best damn games ever made? And to think it's based off a movie too, which is normally auto-fail for video games!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah I like goldeneye as well great game.

One of the best games ever!

I'm gutted that I can't play it anymore.

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Huh, I wonder where my N64 is. I forget I even had that machine.

Lovin' Goldeneye <3

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I knew who had made this thread as soon as I saw the title.

The only flaws with this game are the graphics and the lack of voice acting for the main characters, neither of which are particularly huge flaws anyway.

The gameplay is just pure, liquid video game perfection. Unf unf UNF. And the music! It's a bit cheesy, but my god it works. Love it.

GoldenEye is a fantastic game. Nothing less. I've spent countless hours playing this game in multi-player mode.. I've almost literally "wasted" a large chunk of my childhood playing this game.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What I didn't like about Goldeneye is like when you're in the level menu, and you want to go all the way back, you have to press previous, like two or three times, but the aim doesn't stay above previous when you click it once, it moves back to the center, so if you click previous twice fast, it brings you to some random level. CURSE U GOLDENAYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    GoldenEye is a fantastic game. Nothing less. I've spent countless hours playing this game in multi-player mode.. I've almost literally "wasted" a large chunk of my childhood playing this game.
    ditto.
    I miss my favorite multiplayer map.. it was a close quarters inside a building with a long hallway and two floors, and some refinery plant in the back. Forget the name..
    Damn I miss those firefights.. :/
    and grenade launchers. hehe.
    /

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I feel this is probably one of those games better left in one's memory. Or at least in my case, left in my memory as one of the remarkable games of its time. I played GoldenEye for the first time 2 or 3 years ago, and I just couldn't play it. The controls don't quite stand the test of time.

Perhaps in the Rare chance it comes out for the Virtual Console with 2-stick support, I'd be able to play it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I liked killing that girl with the stupid hair in the elavator.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ive only played Mario Kart 64 on the "borrowed" Nintendo 64, and that wasa great time.. sigh

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh...my...lord....

Words cannot explain the impact this game had on the gaming world and the lives of me and all my friends when it came out. And I didn't even HAVE a Nintendo 64.

We played this game all the time. It wasn't even a matter of question as to whether or not this would come up at some point during birthday parties, etc.

When we weren't playing this game we were talking about it. When we weren't talking about it we were dreaming about it. We all had our multiplayer stories or awesome things we did in the single player mission. I know this all must sound really corny 10 years later but it had that much of an impact. The only game that had more of an impact was...gasp! Final Fantasy VII. Those 2 games dominated my school year in 4th grade.

I actually believe it has stood the test of time. I got a call from my brother a few months back saying "dude, i actually brought Goldeneye back out and that was fun as hell!" I was surprised when I played it that the multiplayer was still fun after all these years.

So if I have one thing to say about this game it would be this:

HALO! YOUR GAME IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST AND THE BEST CONSOLE FPS WAS MADE IN 1997, BIATCH!!!

GoldenEye is an incredible game. It gives me reason to bust out my old N64 once in a while.

However, if you want a game that's somewhat similar but like 3 times better, go buy Perfect Dark. It is the best FPS I have ever played, hands-down.

C'mon C'mon

I still remember waking up that christmas morning and my dad had already completed it. I smurfing love that game.

Blog Entries

Goldeneye is pretty cool. I always try to beat the missions with stealth. >_>