Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZODIAC SPEAR

remedy lore 3
    niphnameicantspell 30,000 from the bazaar clan merchant after certain rank is achieved.

wearing niph = all item effects are reversed. hi potion hurts instead of heals.
    phoenix down kills instead of revives
    remedy that cured everything, now inflicts everything.
    sap, disease, blind,immobilize, stop, petrify, and more.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Nihopaloa only works on your guys. To make Renew not work you have to get a different accessory.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

if you press r1 before selecting a target the target line will transfer to the foe instead of yourself.

example: you wear that accesory, you use a remedy, before you throw it press r1 to to target your foe, and it will inflict everything that your remedy cures if you have the license for them.

but you talk of stopping renew here, so vaccine should do the trick if you dont have the license for remedy curing disease..

so basically the accesory works on foes and allies so be careful where you use them, and oh, it only works on restorative ITEMS, i tried esuna and it didnt work, same effect

and its name is Nihopalaoa.

SIGSIG

yesssssssssss i have finally got the zodiac spear. All i need now is to get it on the license grid.
    oh and by the way i equipped all my characters with gillie boots so i wouldnt get affected by oil. So that way i wouldnt die so easily and for sum reason i was lucky because Bomb king only used renew once.
    so yer thanks every1 who helped.

I can't remember if there is somewhere to buy vaccines that early if you go at first chance.

Yes, you can use it on enemies.... it is.... very helpful, but very cheap.

Nihp + 99 Chronus tears/Remedies = work my way through that dungeon at a very low level to get zodiac spear

Most boss/marks will only get slow, and maybe blind or something else from a remedy, but they do help.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    1/1000 chance. Good luck if you try.
    I have 3 spears, one from the special chest and 2 from hennes mines, took me 17 tries to get 1st spear and another 3 tries to get 3rd spear :P I consider myself quite lucky

Hmm... Think it is possible for a level 43 team to get to the Spear in the Necrohol with no deaths, no running away, and no Nihopalaoa (can't afford it right now, and I hate using items anyway)?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Yes, if you have good enough armor, weapons, and spells. Try fighting in the Nabreus Deadlands. If you can defeat the monsters there, the ones in the Necrohol aren't much harder.

The first time I wandered into the Deadlands, I got creamed.

Is there any way to protect against instant death attacks in this game?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions

I don't think so. So gambits that link Status K.O. to Revive or Pheonix Down are very helpful. But you have to wait until fairly late in the game to get access to those gambits.

I'm trying to play through the game without dying, BG.

Anyway, I wound up getting the spear. It took a little trial and error to figure out how to go, and when I ran up against 3 Oversouls at the exit (followed by a rare monster), I thought I was toast, but I can survive Annul (they only used Kill once, and it missed), and that spear hits hard enough to regen MP fairly quickly.

Contributions

Congrats, it's the most useful weapon in the game. Have fun with it.

Most useful? Most powerful, sure, but it only has eight evade and a low combo rate...

Contributions

You can get it a lot earlier than other top-tier weapons, so you can wreck havoc with it for a lot longer than, say the Wyrmhero Blade or Tournesol. And it plows most enemies under in a few hits.

To be sure there are better weapons for particular bosses and marks, but the lack of an element means it will almost always hit hard.

On the subject of the Tournesol and Wyrmhero Blade, which gets your vote for better weapon?