8 19.05%
  • No Im fine with her dead

30 71.43%
  • Ill be happy either way

4 9.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resurrect?

Default Resurrect?

I know what your thinking and no, this isnt another aerith resurrection theory thread.

Aerith resurrecting as we come to realise is very slim, but i was just wondering on what you prefered... for her to come back or not

REASONS PLEASE why or why not?

Me yes and no

Yes because id like to see one of my favorite characters come back and be part of the team again in a FF7 compilation ending

No because Aerith is great as a celestial spirit watching over and helping the team

What ever square decides we'll see.

NOTE: Keep in mind that this isnt an Aerith bashing thread, so i ask that you please keep the Aerith hate and crude comments to yourselves. THANK YOU

it would be ok to have her back, but i still voted im fine with her dead. Like you said she was a spirit watching over the team, her death played a crucial part to the story, and you say we ll let Square decide, are you talking about if there was a remake because WHEN there is one im 99% sure they wouldnt change the story at all:rolleyes2

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

It's better off with her deceased, because it linked in well with the story, and created emotion and other feelings expressed by the characters.

If Square ever resurrected her, then that would cause a series crisis, and they can't redo a whole chunk of the story anyway.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    It's better off with her deceased, because it linked in well with the story, and created emotion and other feelings expressed by the characters.

If Square ever resurrected her, then that would cause a series crisis, and they can't redo a whole chunk of the story anyway.
    Exactly. When Square first made this game, they did it with the intention for Aeris to die. So I say just leave her dead. I don't bother to play with her anyway.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

There was a rumour a little while ago (like ten years ago!) that stated that Square were in a rush to finish the game to make the deadline, and though they had been planning a resurrection of Aeris, they couldn't finish this part of the game. This 'explains' why, if you use a Gameshark or other game hacking equipment and play, for instance, the part after the snowboarding, she has, or appears to have, her own unique dialogue. This rumour was even in a couple of Playstation magazines

However, this rumour was later refuted by the person who began it in the first place, claiming it had all been a bit of a joke.

There is, however, a 'ghost' of Aeris in the church, though this has been confirmed as a glitch.

Lots of evidence to the contrary has proved that they never planned nor meant to resurrect Aeris.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Although she is one of my fave characters I would rather she stay dead as if you could res her the storey would not have the same value or impact as it would of. so I say im fine with her dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah
    There is, however, a 'ghost' of Aeris in the church, though this has been confirmed as a glitch.
    do you not that that it could be her new form within the lifestream like the way she appered in FFVII:AC?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't like the way the poll choices are worded.

Aeris was my favorite character in the game and her loss upset me greatly. However I came to relutanctly admit that it did make the game more emotionally powerful. I wouldn't say I'm fine with her being dead (it is after all monsterously unfair), but I have accepted it.

As much as I was looking forward to her appearance in AC, I was ambivalent about her presence when I actually saw it. It got to the point where I wished she'd leave poor Cloud alone.

What I'd prefer is that she dissociate herself from her former life and friends and completely merge with the Lifestream and eventually be reincarnated. She deserves another shot at life, even it means leaving her friends behind.

Stay dead, bitch.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

I want her back so she can get with Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    Stay dead, bitch.
    please I said no Aerith bashing

Quote Originally Posted by ~Master Yoda~ View Post
    do you not that that it could be her new form within the lifestream like the way she appered in FFVII:AC?
    yeah, like they actually planned the premise of Advent Children back in 1997. Everything in FFVII:AC was an afterthought. everything.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma View Post
    yeah, like they actually planned the premise of Advent Children back in 1997. Everything in FFVII:AC was an afterthought. everything.
    how so
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:Comet: if you can't contribute then stay out.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

GOD KNOW

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aerisfantatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma View Post
    how so
    Final Fantasy VII - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Compilation producer Yoshinori Kitase said that when given the opportunity to expand any previous Final Fantasy title for the company's experiment in polymorphic content, he "immediately chose Final Fantasy VII", because of its status as a milestone in the series' history, its status as a reference in the series' style up until Final Fantasy XII, and its popularity among fans.
    Basically, the idea to make Advent Children wasn't even thought of until several years after FFVII was released.

On topic, please no. This game will lose whatever integrity it has left if the remake has Aerith alive at the end.
    This is a signature.