sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Gawd, Miriel is such a blabbermouth.

Yeah, it's true.

I've been watching since pretty much the beginning =X Wow, foa, you really had me convinced! Though, I've not played many mafia games, so =P

I'd like to join in next time, but I don't think I'd be able to post much due to restrictions on Internet. Le sigh~

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Gawd, Miriel is such a blabbermouth.

Yeah, it's true.
    Hey, I never told anyone who was still in the game. Dead people have a right to become omniscient after their death.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Is it true that Levian asked BoB to be a stand-in doctor on the first night 'cause Ubel didn't show, and he chose to protect Jesweeeeeeeeeeee?

'cause if so, BoB, you are a prize ponce :laugh:
    Yeah, when Levia told me that, I was totally omgwtf at BoB. That's the night I died.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Is it true that Levian asked BoB to be a stand-in doctor on the first night 'cause Ubel didn't show, and he chose to protect Jesweeeeeeeeeeee?

'cause if so, BoB, you are a prize ponce :laugh:
    Thanks, BoB n.n

ANYWAYS~

1. What could've been done better? Is 24 hours for Days ok? How long should nights last? How many players? Voting? etc?

I think anywhere from 18-24 is good...or if everyone does their duty before then we could move on sooner, same for nights :P
    I think it was just fine the way we did it, BUT MORE ROLES!!!!

2. What worked well?

Everything was perfect!
    ...'cept for me going hiking, that was not at all perfect >:[

3. When should the next round of Mafia start up?

ASAP

4. Anything else?

More roles! Paranoid gun-holder-dude and Bomb look interesting n.n

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The length of the days is not a problem.

If the cops are allowed to contact people privately then I think it gives too much power to the citizen team. But the role of godfather does give a lot of power to the mafia team. Maybe it's balanced the way it is.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think there was a loooot of information that was left out of this thread that should have been in this thread. For example:

We've (me and Sergeant Hartman) decicded foa. Sorry babe, You weren't a good enough partier.
    Ok. That kind of discussion, on who should be lynched, who shouldn't be, all that sort of stuff should happen in this thread. Or at the very least, post the discussion on how you reached that decision outside the thread, in the thread. I mean, c'mon now.

If you're gonna have little groups of citizens form alliances, tell each other information that the rest of the citizens don't know about, make decisions about who to lynch and why, all of this happening outside the game, then you're not playing Mafia anymore. That's more like... Murder Mystery smashed in with Survivor.

Mafia is a game designed for people to analyze what's being said by every person playing the game. Why is someone saying that? What are their reasons? Who defended who the last time around? Why did this person vote the same as this other person? It's a psychological game. Can't really do that when a lot of the discussions are happening where citizens don't have access to them.

I'm not saying that it's bad. It worked out great for this game, and everyone had fun and the whole game was a success and Mafia (especially that scumbag foa) were defeated. But you're not technically playing Mafia.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I imagine that the mafia team has a lot of power because, you know, they can guarantee to kill off a citizen every night and also influence the killing during the day. I'd say that balances out the "background discussions" - and DK made a great example of how the mafia can exploit such things anyway.

I just don't get the big problem on that end of things, really, but then again there were a lot less mafia than I thought there would have been, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I imagine that the mafia team has a lot of power because, you know, they can guarantee to kill off a citizen every night and also influence the killing during the day. I'd say that balances out the "background discussions" - and DK made a great example of how the mafia can exploit such things anyway.

I just don't get the big problem on that end of things, really, but then again there were a lot less mafia than I thought there would have been, too.
    The "background discussion" aren't a problem and it has nothing to do with balancing out power. It's all about what kind of game you're playing. Exclusionary discussions happening outside the game, little mini alliances that vote together, etc = survivor type game. Discussions laid out for everyone to mull over and analyze = Mafia. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not what Mafia is all about. But hey, everyone can play the game whichever way they want to. But that's kind of like playin Monopoly without getting 200 monopoly money after passing Go. It's just not the same kind of game anymore.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah, okay. I dunno then! I guess I thought this was like Survivor but with the difference of, well, having cops, doctors, godfathers, jesters and mafia. Still more Mafia than Survivor, but obviously different to what you're used to so I'm okay with whatever gets decided.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe next time we should try the style with all discussion happening in the thread instead of discussion both inside and outside, that way we've tried both styles and will be able to pick a favorite for a third and future mafia games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee
    4. Anything else?

More roles! Paranoid gun-holder-dude and Bomb look interesting n.n
    Yup, there's gonna be more roles next time. We'll link to the site with all the role descriptions and say that any role in there might be in use in our game, but exactly which roles we're using will be a secret. Mafia(s), cop(s), doctor(s) and godfather(s) are givens, though.

hi ummm... if there's a new round anytime soon, can anyone join in? because if that's the case I would really like to join
    =====>Check out my sigs!<=====