Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Added to 'games to get for Xmas' list.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I heard this game is very short, which is good for me because that will increase my chances to play it since I have time! If it's less than 15 hours that will help a lot. How long is it? The reviews are high and sales also!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Why are you so obsessed with how long a video game is? Length does not make or break a game, quality does. There's plenty of time in this world for you to beat a game, even if it were 50+ hours.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just ordered US version, excited, squeeee

I always ask things like this but, there's no difference between US and UK really is there? xD (except US has nicer boxes and I can get it sooner!)
    rawr

Not unless they add in extra features like they did with Final Fantasy 10. Otherwise it's pretty much the same (except not a range of languages to choose from).

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Still waitin' for my country to get it (we're usually at least a week late, except for Halo it seems), but I'm glad folks are enjoying it.

I had heard that it was 'dumbed down' and easy, but I guess it's partly to reflect the new audience Nintendo is going for. They want women to pick up these games, and if it's too hard for them (like my mom and Phoenix Wright) they don't want to play it. I just hope it's still fun to play overall, despite the lack of challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    Still waitin' for my country to get it (we're usually at least a week late, except for Halo it seems), but I'm glad folks are enjoying it.

I had heard that it was 'dumbed down' and easy, but I guess it's partly to reflect the new audience Nintendo is going for. They want women to pick up these games, and if it's too hard for them (like my mom and Phoenix Wright) they don't want to play it. I just hope it's still fun to play overall, despite the lack of challenge.
    Or they do what my sister and girlfriend do...

"Logan, can you help me with this guy? I can't do it."
    *plays through the whole game for them*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suppose it's true that I don't like a game to be tooo hard or I get annoyed and give up.. I liked the difficulty of Wind Waker and Minish Cap (the only Zelda games I've beaten actually xD ) so if its around those I'll be pretty happy. I like extra challenges and tests of patience that you can do if you want to ... dont know if theyll be any of this.. heard theres no finding heart pieces Which seems a bit disappointing. But I reckon it'll be fun, gonna be mostly playing it on the train to work I think
    rawr

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post

Or they do what my sister and girlfriend do...

"Logan, can you help me with this guy? I can't do it."
    *plays through the whole game for them*

Haha, that's so like my sister too. She gets me to do the hard parts, and games don't exactly get easier the further you get in them, so I always end up playing most of the game. Take the last Tomb Raider as an example. I had to do all the boss fights, all the swimming, and some of the traps, especially timed ones. Not much left in the game after that. When it comes to Zelda, she does everything herself, though. Except maybe a minigame or two, like bow shooting.

Knowing myself well I really shouldn't get this game before my last exam. So I'll probably get it around christmas

Why are you so obsessed with how long a video game is? Length does not make or break a game, quality does. There's plenty of time in this world for you to beat a game, even if it were 50+ hours.
    Let me explain. I don't have much time to play rpg's, less than an hour a day, so length is important to me. I have to beat the top new rpg's like FF XII: RW and FF XIII plus beat the best older ones I haven't beaten yet like FF VIII and Chrono Cross. Along the way I can beat some other newer and older rpg's also, and if they are not too long that will help.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    One player is Link/Pac Man, while the other controls the 3 enemy Knights who are like the Pac Man Ghosts.
    Ghosts!?
    MONSTERS!!!

Only played a bit, but I'm enjoying it a lot.

The controls are quite nice, and you dont' have to draw circles to roll.

If found just keeping the stylist on the edge, and tehn quickly stricking the side works too.

Though its probably not a good Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Let me explain. I don't have much time to play rpg's, less than an hour a day, so length is important to me. I have to beat the top new rpg's like FF XII: RW and FF XIII plus beat the best older ones I haven't beaten yet like FF VIII and Chrono Cross. Along the way I can beat some other newer and older rpg's also, and if they are not too long that will help.
    But, why are you in such a rush to beat all these games? They will still be there in a few years... So what's wrong with just taking the time to play one game (whether it be 1 hour a day, or 30 minutes a day).

I've been playing and have become very fond of the game. Although I have yet gotten ship parts to make my ship cute....which is needed...dumb demon looking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    But, why are you in such a rush to beat all these games? They will still be there in a few years... So what's wrong with just taking the time to play one game (whether it be 1 hour a day, or 30 minutes a day).
    It's because I want to beat my favorite new rpg's and my favorite old rpg's. I have very little time to play these rpg's so I am also interested in the length of the game. I will only play a few rpg's, I'm going to have to choose the best ones only.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008