Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping to pick this game up tomorrow.
    I haven't disliked a zelda game thus far so I have high hopes for this one.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played Ocarina of Time a bit, but I didnt get into it so much. I really DO want to play link to the past though!

Done the first dungeon of phantom hourglass *sloooow* but it was fun! Now I need some more time to play XD I dunno, I really loved the story in minish cap though and Im not getting so attached *yet* to this game...
    rawr

picked this up early in the week, though i havent played it much but from what i have played its a very enjoyable game
    Making a slow come back since 2008

I'm determined to get every ship piece and good high scores on the mini games! Oooh It's fun! Some of the stuff can be dumb..like using the mic and only the touch screen but I got used to it, I just place it on a table and play that way!

C'mon C'mon

Seriously, the best game I've played this year. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

I finished it a few days ago. I really enjoyed it. Makes me want to play Wind Waker again.

That stupid Temple of the Ocean King makes is annoying, though. Time limit + repeated backtracking = pain in the ass. Other than that, though, I loved the game.

Pro tip for those of you having trouble with rolling. The game tells you that you need to draw tiny circles on the edge of the screen, but that´s not true. Just wiggle your stylus a little bit near the border. As long as you´re running, just moving the stylus slightly away from the edge of the screen and then back does a roll.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Some of the stuff can be dumb..like using the mic and only the touch screen but I got used to it, I just place it on a table and play that way!
    I think using the mic is cool, blowing out flames and stuff, awesome! Do feel a bit weird doing that on the train but eh...

I got into using the touch screen really quickly, when I first got Animal Crossing on the DS I walked about with the touch screen.

Fighting is fun still, perhaps not as fun as Wind Waker and could do with some different enemies but eh!

I just went to the island where (SPOILER)you can't see the map so you have to walk around it and trace the shape of the whale to solve the riddle, had me thinking for a while (cos I didn't speak to Linebeck for ages anyway XD) and impressed me.

The use of the DS facilities must be one of the BEST, really, it's great to see a game REALLY make use of them and it all works so well.

The temple of the ocean king, I agree about it being a bit annoying going back over it, though I'm enjoying it the dungeons are fun in this game

I should be playing on the train home tonight, if I'm not sleeping..
    rawr

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

this is a good game, although it's pretty short and easy. I kept expecting a huge series of dungeons after collecting the spirits, but only got the three. Of course, you get to do the Temple so many times.

I can't figure out where the last wisdom gem is. I have checked FAQs and I am pretty sure I have done all 20 things to get the 20 wisdom gems, yet I only have 19. Alas.

What even happens when you get the second upgrade for each of the spirits? I got the first, but not the second.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You get a better version of what the level one spirit gives you.

I finished this last week and I was very pleased. One of the most fun Zelda games I have played, though Ocarina of Time will always be my favourite.

Man, I just love Zelda. I finished downloading all soundtracks, even the orchestral soundtracks for LttP, OoT and MM -- so damn good.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I just completed it, waited for the credits to finish, saw the bit at the end and re-loaded my game and I'm back to just before you get on the ghost-ship again. Can I just go visit all the islands 'n' stuff again or not?

You should be able to just sail away from there.

Hokay. I thought it might follow me and force me on it again. xD Thanks.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

Pro tip for those of you having trouble with rolling. The game tells you that you need to draw tiny circles on the edge of the screen, but that´s not true. Just wiggle your stylus a little bit near the border. As long as you´re running, just moving the stylus slightly away from the edge of the screen and then back does a roll.
    Even easier: Just doubletap the side of the screen in the direction you're running--but remember, if you roll 3 times, Link will get dizzy. Same for the spin attack.

So far, I've enjoyed the game. I don't exactly care for the timed dungeon stuff, but it is a decent idea.

I especially like how the boomerang is used. Just direct its path and it goes where you tell it to!

What's a good way to get rupees? I'm trying to buy those gems.