Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue Galaxy

I kind of liked this game... I really liked the game play but the story was a little slow. I really didn't like the ending though.... I thought that it kinda sucked...

Banned

The gameplay and battle sytem was pretty good. I've heard some people say that the gameplay is better than FFXII or KHII. That's just what other people said though, I haven't really decided if they are right. One of the most interesting things about it was the Factory, which some people might have found annoying, but I thought it was a very unique way of synthesizing items.

Yeah, the plot is very cliche. But the gameplay makes up for it in my opinion.

I have managed to complete all Quarries and achieved #1 Hunter in the Galaxy. Still have to complete the other 100%'s and Ghost Ship: Extreme.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used PuPu's file to beat the game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I used PuPu's file to beat the game
    And you were near death for about five times during the final battle. Had I not told you how to beat it...

Yeah.

Though I have not played the game, The extent of my knolage of it comes from my friend, who says it has gay boss battles XD
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    The gameplay and battle sytem was pretty good. I've heard some people say that the gameplay is better than FFXII or KHII. That's just what other people said though, I haven't really decided if they are right. One of the most interesting things about it was the Factory, which some people might have found annoying, but I thought it was a very unique way of synthesizing items.

Yeah, the plot is very cliche. But the gameplay makes up for it in my opinion.

I have managed to complete all Quarries and achieved #1 Hunter in the Galaxy. Still have to complete the other 100%'s and Ghost Ship: Extreme.
    While I enjoyed the gameplay, I can't count it as anything particularly fantastic. The battle system wasn't exactly innovative in any sense of the word (aside from the addition of abilities--which, by the way, were ridiculously unbalanced); although the weapon upgrading system was modified from what it was in the Dark Cloud series, I wouldn't consider it something worth of particular mention. The hacking and slashing got redundant after a time, and there wasn't an awful lot of strategy involved in building up your characters, even for side quests, quarries, etc.

If I remember correctly, I completed the quarries, and achieved a handful of the other completion goals, but once I got the best weapons for all the characters and had little left to do in the way of weapon customization, I had little motivation to do anything else. I couldn't be assed to complete the Ghost Ship: Extreme. I don't remember what the rewards were, but I'm not exactly big on spending time going through enormous dungeons for rewards that don't provide any benefits other than bragging rights. I never did understand side quests for the best equipment and items in the game if there's nothing afterwards to use such items on.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    What I didn't expect was how easy every battle became. The characters' attacks that hit the entire screen would kill everybody for little AP.
    True.
    And then I was always stocked up with items that refilled AP entirely, not that I ever had to use them because save points were frequent enough to do it for me.
    My problem was not being able to sell the items that served no other purpose than being used on the abilities list and yet these same items are sold in shops. Although I'm pretty sure it was only the Ancient Scrolls, it still pissed me off.
    The entire game was a matter of me using one ability over and over again and everybody dying. Sure, there would be the occassional "break through the shield with a charge" attack, but it was an easy matter to deal with. At least bosses were different and usually fun, but the hours and hours of battles in between could have been done by a monkey.
    I think that's the reason I liked the game. I hated Dragoon for this reason only because of the longass loading fade that preceded every battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    One of the most interesting things about it was the Factory, which some people might have found annoying, but I thought it was a very unique way of synthesizing items.
    Ditto.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.