Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dull story

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah to me too, but we who don't like the story telling have had countless discussions here with the XII fanatics since the game came out last year so that is why everyone here is giving you a hard time.

How quickly they forget!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

hhmmmm(starts to sob):/
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MustangCobraSVT View Post
    It has a good story it is just very straightforward and often theres other things to be doing then progressing the story so it kind of takes a back seat, but it is still there in all its glory.
    I dont think it is.

Personally, I like it.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Grin

The story was soooooooooooooooooo poor i hated it!!!I skipped every bit of dialogue i could, so half the time i really didn't know what was going on!!!POOR!!!But everything else was good

Sig created by the Genius that is Polaris

How can you say the story was poor if you skipped the majority of it...

ya thats kind ofstupid so technically u havent really payed attention to the game.....lol i got the special edition of ff12 for christmas from santa..

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I haven't finished the game yet, and I don't really know how much I've got left either, but I'm missing some character focus. I hardly know anything about Penelo, Balthier and Vaan. and the other three I know very little of. I've just visited the town Fran lived in, Eruyt, or something, and at least they digged a bit into her character. But for all I know, there might be some more character development later in the game.

I don't really like the way they speak. They speak as if they were born 200 years ago and with a stick up their ass. I like the more casual style from the other FF's. So, I'm finding the story pretty uninteresting. It doesn't grab me or anything. I'm sure there's some decent storyline deep down there somewhere, but yeah, it didn't grab me like the other FF's did. So far anyway, I haven't finished the game, so things can still change. I have a feeling it won't, though.

i still think 13sgonna be better...maybe maybe not

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

I only recently completed it despite having bought it 2 days after its EU release. it was my third attempt at the game.

the story was dissapointing. in fact, the only reason i came on EOFF was for someone to convince me otherwise, i would gladly listen to constructive reason.

the text is difficult to understand. I think some people are mistaking subtlety for "finding the pretty wordplay confusing". Theres little backstory on Landis so whenever its mentioned it fails to interest me.

]and as for reddas. and dont say i didn't use spoilers. (SPOILER)the fact that he was judge zecht meant nothing to me. he was mentioned about once and didn't seem important. his death was a yawn and i felt nothing for him
    it becomes more and more like this towards the end. please. tell me im wrong.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

lol u just did use a spoiler!!!!

I found it intriguing enough to finish it, but ultimately nothing special. It has been done better elsewhere, and the plot hides behind Alexander O. Smith's flowery translation. It wasn't until towards the end I had realized nothing much even happened and it came off like the haughty-speak was trying to hide it.

It's not the worst plot I've ever seen, and it has some inventive moments in there. Many RPGs don't even try, so I give it credit for things like art direction or graphical beauty. The battle system that forms the meat of the game was also very fun to me. But when it comes down to it, the plot is just about a princess lugging around 5 other nobodies while she collects crap.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i can agree with that. my hopes occasionally raised but i was always dissapointed.

a lot of the reason i played FFXII was because of judge zargabaath being voiced by "simon templeman" (kain in legacy of kain).

the flashy last scenes and bosses are good but let down by lack of story and explanations and i just felt nothing after the ending especially in comparison with other FFs.

but perhaps a lot of this is to do with the experimental, next-gen styling and graphics and voices. maybe they would have done better under different circumstances.

I'll need a PS3 to play FFXIII and theres a chance i wont risk it after this dissapointment. but i have high hopes for it. i just wont buy hastily.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    So far anyway, I haven't finished the game, so things can still change. I have a feeling it won't, though.
    Oh yes,it will.
    It will get far,far worse...Just wait until you get to the final part.

Anyway,as i've said before,FFXII is a great game but unfortunately it lacks in the story and character department.
    Funny thing is that i start to really like Hitoshi Sakimoto's music (maybe listening to BoF V helped me appreciate him more),and dare i say it was a nice change from master Uematsu.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like him but Uematsu just can't be beaten! I just started playing FFVIII and right in the first hour of it the soundtrack already caught me. XII took me almost 200 hours to get me to memorize one measly song.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    So far anyway, I haven't finished the game, so things can still change. I have a feeling it won't, though.
    Well, you say Balthier don't have much history? Or at least you have not seen much from him? (SPOILER)Wait until you get to Phon Coast

The game basicly focuses on, Ashe, Balthier, and Basch. Vaan also has a less minor part in the Village. Vaan and Penelo really don't have "Much" I terms of history and stuff. I think the game focuses on them in the beginning.
    Last edited by Formalhaut; 09-21-2007 at 06:53 PM.