Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dull story

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    I like him but Uematsu just can't be beaten! I just started playing FFVIII and right in the first hour of it the soundtrack already caught me. XII took me almost 200 hours to get me to memorize one measly song.
    Haha, I memorised one in the first few minutes. Rabanastre's theme tune.

But Uematsu's music is in another league in terms of overally depth in quality. A game like FFIX has so many good tunes, its quite frankly scary.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

any of u guys like ff12 so much that u know every line in the game???
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!

After further thought and viewing the trailer for memories, I think I underestimated the story and characters of Final Fantasy XII. The game is fantastic!

25 hours to go, 100% completion! !!!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

hay does any 1 know wat the jagd is? they mention it often in ff12.
    im trying to understand ff12 story and all.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Bestiary cards have it, on page 2. Jagd is an area where the magic mist is too thick, making it impossible for airships and other machines to cross it. It is a place full of deformed monsters also due to the excessive mist so no one lives on the jagds. It is an area only few dare to cross on foot.

(SPOILER)Using nethicite Cid found a way to make some empire ships immune to it so some empire ships can fly over jagd.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by ff is da best View Post
    hay does any 1 know wat the jagd is? they mention it often in ff12.
    im trying to understand ff12 story and all.
    I think the continent on the bottom has two regions, and both are two words, that start with the word Jagd.

By the way, Giruvegan is pretty great!
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes, the souther continent, Kerwoon has two Jagds but so does the continent of Valendia and the naldoan see.

Jagd can be roughly translated as "wilderness" an area full of monsters with no cities or villages.

thats why they call it the wild lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Yes, the souther continent, Kerwoon has two Jagds but so does the continent of Valendia and the naldoan see.

Jagd can be roughly translated as "wilderness" an area full of monsters with no cities or villages.
    I always thought of Jagds as being more a place where normal rules don't apply. In FFTA, the laws did not hold there, and in FFXII, skystones don't work there. The wilderness was a side effect, not a defining feature. If you have the word's roots, I'll agree with you, but I haven't found any source of he word outside of the games.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    After further thought and viewing the trailer for memories, I think I underestimated the story and characters of Final Fantasy XII. The game is fantastic!

25 hours to go, 100% completion! !!!
    It feels bad to say it, but this really helped me appreciate it, too. (youtube is a great source for this) My second playthrough I tried to stay away from mark hunting as much as possible and just play through the story. When you view the cut scenes in succession you really do start to appreciate the story more, reviewing videos helps you draw deeper meaning, and saving the game before important parts also helps. I must have watched the scene at the top of Pharos 4-5 times now, and it is one of the best scenes in FF IMO.

The characters do actually develop, at least the younger ones - vaan, ashe, and penelo. By the end of the game they realize that not everything is black and white and they really mature, which makes sense since all 3 are at the point of leaving adolescence and entering adulthood.

Unfortunately, as many have said, and I had early on, this game's storytelling is a huge step back from what we've come to expect from Final Fantasy with the more recent games. The way cutscenes and gameplay in RPG's were noticeably different is something that holds back the art form, and is one of the constraints that Square wanted to destroy with Final Fantasy VII. From then on, you had cutscenes leading into and picking up from (and at times even interrupting) gameplay, yet in this game, the cut scenes and game were again very distinct. But that's Matsuno's style, he's extremely good at what he does but he's not Yoshinori Kitase.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

From the German for "hunt" iirc

Bolivar, somebody played through FF XII and used screen capture software to make a movie of FF XII, which is hours long of all movies and cutscenes. There's a thread on it either here or ffshrine.org

I'm gonna watch it before I do the final boss!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Bolivar, somebody played through FF XII and used screen capture software to make a movie of FF XII, which is hours long of all movies and cutscenes. There's a thread on it either here or ffshrine.org

I'm gonna watch it before I do the final boss!
    I didn't know that. seems like it's good, but doesn't it kind of feel empty without all the stuff in between? actually i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't, seeing my thoughts on how it divided gameplay and storytelling.

To me, watching the individual scenes that slipped out of memory helped, like what happens with Gramis when Vayne returns to Archadia. I don't think i'd need to see it all one after another.

This seems pretty cool!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

wow im suprised this theread didn't get locked for what i said(starts to wonder if there gonna lock it)lol!