Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IGN: Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

Currently Playing: FFXIII Stunt's Avatar

Default IGN: Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

onAXIS: IGN: Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

I bet 100% that it will be remade.

STUNT

i wonder how long it will take for someone to come in make a bitchy post personally, i wold love to see a remake. but as said in that interview all the staff have got so many projects already underway (KH, crisis core, FFXIII) so even if it was decided, it's still a long way off

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
    Obviously there's going to be a remake eventually. :rolleyes2

It could be announced in the next year or the next decade, but there will be a remake eventually.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

it's cool that the 3 heads of each XIII entry worked together on Crisis Core. it's too bad that i don't have a psp and don't plan on getting one until they're used for $20.

It sucks that everywhere these guys go they have to answer to why there's not a remake yet. It's like, they can't even begin to think about how they would go about it because they're all so caught up in such a huge project as it is.

I'm starting to question whether a remake would be good or bad. IMO the game doesn't need it, and with the attempt there's always the possibility that it will be bad. I think it would only be beneficial to a new generation of gamers that simply can't adjust to the old graphics.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

We've seen remakes (several infact) of the 8/16-bit games, why not the modern 3D ones?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Would of have been nice if it was to be remade on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
    Obviously there's going to be a remake eventually. :rolleyes2

It could be announced in the next year or the next decade, but there will be a remake eventually.
    Exactly what i think

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    We've seen remakes (several infact) of the 8/16-bit games, why not the modern 3D ones?
    We already have. Resident Evil on Gamecube for example.

I really don't see the point of re-making it. It's good enough as it is, why make it worse?
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Extra stuff, 3d awesome-sause graphic, more music, sidequests and some new storylines, etc.

I'd like to see what does Cait Sith look like in 3d, since they don't include Cait Sith in FF7:AC.. hm.

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Extra stuff, 3d awesome-sause graphic, more music, sidequests and some new storylines, etc.
    That's exactly what I'd hate to see in a remake :/ As cool as it would be to replay FFVII in 3-D, I wouldn't want it modified a lot...I like it how it was, even if the graphics are poor in today's standards...I'm also afraid of the voice acting..because lets face it, Cloud's voice actor is pretty monotonous and I didn't interperet Cloud to be like that at least in FFVII. Plus they'd have to cut out all of the cursing by Cid and Barrett if voiced and who knows if they'll cut out stuff to make it more "appropriate" now that those raging soccer moms are yelling about game content

Damn, Woodinator's gotta point, the whole swearing/hilarious moments will be censored with a load of crap, and take away the sweetness in VII.

I'm not sure now, would a remake actually be beneficial for us die hard VII fans?
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Even I admit the swearing bits made me smile, if they go, it'll fail.

I totally agree, but I think, just play FF7 remake like a new game that has nothing to do with the original FF7, doing that way would make you a bit happier but yeah.

If they re-made FF7, maybe there's a chance that they would re-make FF8 and FF9, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I totally agree, but I think, just play FF7 remake like a new game that has nothing to do with the original FF7, doing that way would make you a bit happier but yeah.
    That would strip away the whole point in remaking VII, if it's goal is to be approached as a completely different game. You might as well forget the whole project, if you're going to tamper with the original FF.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.