Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    You want to play the first two games. .hack plots can be rather twisted, and you will be COMPLETELY lost starting on the 3rd game.

The first set of games isn't necessary, but you'll miss out on a lot if you've not been keeping up with the entire mythos. However, GU can stand on its own well enough, but you miss out on a lot without having seen .hack//roots, the prequel anime series.
    You'll want to play the other games eventually, but you don't need them to understand the third game as each installment is meant to be it's own game. However, you'll experience certain spoilers that are much more enjoyable to see unfold during the progression of all three games, but still, I remind you it's your choice to decide if you can live with that. And as for the earlier mythos, it's definitely an extra. If you want the full .hack experience though, you'd need to watch .hack//sign, play the first four .hack games, watch .hack//legends, read .hack//roots, play .hack//GU, and watch .hack//GU roots. Uhuh. Uhuh. Uhuh-uhuh-uhuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    If you want the full .hack experience though, you'd need to watch .hack//sign, play the first four .hack games, watch .hack//legends, read .hack//roots, play .hack//GU, and watch .hack//GU roots. Uhuh. Uhuh. Uhuh-uhuh-uhuh.
    No. No no no no no no. Don't watch it. It's bad. Very very bad. Read the manga instead. That's actually what's supposed to have happened. The anime doesn't have Zefie, and goes on a different route than the manga =/

Anyway, the order that you want to go in as far as American releases of .hack go would be (Providing you want to get it in the chronological order):

.Hack//AI Buster (Vol. 2 makes references to Twilight, be warned.)
    .Hack//SIGN
    .Hack//Infection&etc (The first set of games)
    .Hack//Another Birth (Follows the games, from BlackRose's POV)
    .Hack//Legend of the Twilight
    .Hack//Roots
    .Hack//GU

...I think I got them all. Anyway, something like that. There's more .Hack media... in Japan. That's just what we have here in the US =/ You don't HAVE to get it all in that order, but that's it chronologically. You could probably get away with playing the three GU games in order, and then going back to see the rest of it, but yeah, some things will get spoiled.

For the record, as much as I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get Tales of the Abyss, I'm holding out to get GU3 before I save up for it >>; I need to manage my money better.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    My sister and I both like the way the characters all fit in. For example, (SPOILER)Sora from .hack//sign who was data-drained by Morgana and became Skeith is now Haseo. Fitting that he's the Terror of Death. He of course has no memories of the incident.
    (SPOILER)Lets back it up here. As I remember it and see it, Sora did not become Skieth. He merely became the wand that Skeith used. Skeith was always a part of the system.
    (SPOILER)Aha, so he was. My mistake. He was, however, somewhat controlled by Skeith during ZERO.