Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption

Default .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption

I am planning to rent this game in a couple weeks, but should I rent the first two .hack//G.U. games first? Also, should I rent the .hack series first?

Blue Dragon comes today or tomorrow, Wild Arms 5 is next, then possibly the .hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption. I previously rented: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Shin Megamei Tensei: Persona 3, and Bioshock right after that, just now.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You want to play the first two games. .hack plots can be rather twisted, and you will be COMPLETELY lost starting on the 3rd game.

The first set of games isn't necessary, but you'll miss out on a lot if you've not been keeping up with the entire mythos. However, GU can stand on its own well enough, but you miss out on a lot without having seen .hack//roots, the prequel anime series.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I will be getting this game. Being the .hack nutcase that I am I like the games a lot and I can't wait to finish up this chapter of the series. I hope this is the last of it all though because I don't know if I could handle another 3 games XD

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sure eventually another arc will come out after GU, but it probably won't happen for several years.

I know...the series is too popular in Japan to pass up another multi-media fest in the series. There were rumors not that long ago that CC2 was developing a new series on the PS3 right now but it was also mentioned that it is possibly a non .hack game this time.

I really like the series but I also fear that a third visit will produce too much of a repeat story in the history that they have developed through the years and things like that. I am sure in a few years when another series hits I will be up for it

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Definitely going to get it, I've been waiting for quite awhile, sadly I can't get it until the 14th though, but oh well.

Oh I didn't know that there was an anime series of .hack! Maybe I'll try to watch that.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

.hack is a multi-media project. Anime, Games, Comics and Novels. All woven together to form a huge complex world and plot.

The original .hack idea was code named Project .hack while the whole of everything involving G.U. was under the name of .hack Conglomerate. They plan all of this stuff out well in advance so nothing really seems tacked on. It was a huge risk initially but it paid off big time.

Better yet...go to the dot hack wiki .hack//Wiki - .hack//Wiki - a Wikia wiki

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My sister and I both like the way the characters all fit in. For example, (SPOILER)Sora from .hack//sign who was data-drained by Morgana and became Skeith is now Haseo. Fitting that he's the Terror of Death. He of course has no memories of the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void View Post
    My sister and I both like the way the characters all fit in. For example, (SPOILER)Sora from .hack//sign who was data-drained by Morgana and became Skeith is now Haseo. Fitting that he's the Terror of Death. He of course has no memories of the incident.
    (SPOILER)Lets back it up here. As I remember it and see it, Sora did not become Skieth. He merely became the wand that Skeith used. Skeith was always a part of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    It was a huge risk initially but it paid off big time.
    Cool! How popular is .hack in Usa, what about Japan? I'm curious about this series! I'll research that website though. Please reply
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

.hack is nothing more than a cult following in the USA unfortunately. They make enough money though because of the whole multiple games thing.

Roughly how many units does everybody think .hack//G.U. Vol. 3: Redemption will sell in it's first week of release? Maybe 30,000 units? I'll wait for Vgchartz.com to show it later.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

I doubt it will be that high. I think Vol 1 didn't even make 20,000 in its first month. If it did it wasn't much higher than that.

Okay.

By the way Blue Dragon only got 100,000 copies in it's first week and Bioshock only 400,000 copies, both numbers seem low. FF XII got 600,000 in it's first week.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008