Thread: So how are grips working out for you guys?

Default So how are grips working out for you guys?

Today I logged in for the first time in almost 3 weeks. I went to an AH and purchased my first grip for my Dragoon. So how are grips working out for you guys? Are they useful?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't use any two handed weapons but I hear the updates to those were insane. Not so much the grips as the weapon skills and other things.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I've heard frequent mentions of an update regarding two-handed weapons, but I don't know any of the details. Anyone care to enlighten me (or link me)?

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIclopedia
    The following adjustments have been made to two-handed weapons:

- Two-handed weapons will now receive larger benefits from a character’s attributes, and will also inflict more damage when facing higher-level opponents or enemies with high defense.

- A new type of equipment known as “grips” can now be equipped in the sub-weapon slot while using a two-handed weapon.

*Grips cannot be used without a two-handed weapon equipped in the main weapon slot. **TP will be reset when changing or removing grips, in the same manner as for main weapon equipment changes.

The whole "1 STR = 1 Attack, 1 DEX = 1 Acc." is the meat of the two-handed weapon upgrade. Grips are just the new alternate equipment type for ammo equipment slot.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first one was the real kicker. I think it sets 1 Dex = 1 Acc and 1 Str = 1 Atk for 2hand rather than 2 Dex = 1 Acc, 2 Str = 1 Atk.

I was in a party as Blue Mage today and the SAM and WAR's regular hits were doing more damage than my best spell, and hitting more often.

This is why the Acc. market's crashing. WAR, DRK, SAM and DRG are all better off with +DEX for weapon skill modifiers.

The smartest thing to do right now would be buy a scorpion harness/other good acc. gear while the market's down before Square decide to nerf the update.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yep, get em while they're down! SE will almost certainly nerf this in some degree. Pld should not have more accuracy with a staff than with a sword. :o

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

That is abso-lutely-freaking awesome and would probably make being a dark knight (which I rather enjoyed) bearable. A shame my room mate has announced he's going to do everything in his power to stop me from going back.

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

I personally think they do not make that much a difference with the exception of one or two...relly then only help SAM, DRK and DRG...really
    Beware of my look a like!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    I personally think they do not make that much a difference with the exception of one or two...relly then only help SAM, DRK and DRG...really
    I'm mostly excited about the drop in the necessity for accuracy equipment. This frees up a lot of slots that I can put towards STR to make a tarutaru DRK a little more feasible.

The Pankration update included a slight nerf to 2-handed weapons. They keep the 1str=1atk etc, but the damage output is slightly more random.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

I havent logged on much in a month so I havent tried the grips but I'm probably going to just save a bit of cash and get a decent one instead.

Looking forward to trying out my DRK, I was already doing great damage for lv72.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.