Thread: Formula One in 2007

Blog Entries

Default Formula One in 2007

2007 has proved itself to be the best season of F1 in a long, long, long time. At the time of writing this, there's five races to go and five points seperate Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso in the driver's championship. Third and fourth placed Ferrari drivers, Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen are within striking distance as well.

Will the rookie Hamilton win in his first season of F1? Or will Alonso make it three championships in a row? Maybe the Iceman Kimi Raikkonen can luck-in the 15 points he needs to catch the front runners and win in his first season with Ferrari. Or maybe Felipe Massa, the guy everyone thought would slot in as Ferrari's number 2 driver to back up Raikkonen, will surprise everyone and come through with a sneaky little championship.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Looks like after today it's just between Hamilton and Alonso now. Three points the gap, I think Alonso can pull through and get his third title. I hope he does anyway, I have money riding on it! XD
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

I was hoping Kimi would win at the beginning of the season, but that's seeming much less likely now. At least he's proving he's got the edge over Massa.

Yeah, I would go with Alonso to win as well. Lewis will get nervous and choke as Alonso continues to close the gap.

This assumes that neither get kicked out of the championship as a result of the spying investigation currently underway in the FIA and the WMSC. And of course, Ron Dennis, McClaren's boss, might also get done by the Italian police at some point in relation to this issue.

I'd love Hamilton to win, but the last few races he seems to have lost the spark he started off with, so unless something catastrophic happens to Alonso and unless Hamilton avoids incidence (real bad luck about the tyre over in turkey though) and nothing else happens to the team overall, I can see Alonso winning the championship... If McClaren and their drivers get chucked out, Raikkonen will win easily.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

My favourite race of this year was the Nurburgring but I haven't been watching the sport anywhere as near as I have in the last few years. Hamilton, although he drives the best car is the most deserving of the Championship for his consistent performances (averaging something like 7pts a race) and 100% finish record and to win it would be truly remarkable, considering he is the first black driver I've seen to take part in the sport
    ...Geddit?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This is the first season of Formula One I've actually paid attention to since the days of Damon Hill won the championship (remember that?). I'd quite like Hamilton to win because I don't really like people winning consistently (as Alonso would be should he win) and like to see someone else get a look-in. Also Hamilton advertises for my bank, so I'm hoping if he wins he'll give me a million quid for being a nice chap.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.