Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What FF Villains Could Beat Sin?S

Default What FF Villains Could Beat Sin?S

Sin is apretty underrated FF Villain. While not as destructive as some of the villains, the monster has the pure size and its force field would be a bitch to get through by some of the baddies.

So, what evil dudes in FF history could take Sin one-on-one and win?

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Sin and Zeromus are the only villains of a mainstream FF that were never defeated in a fair fight.

Chaos: Defeated by the Light Warriors, twice. Apart from being well-hidden, he wasn't much of a fighter.
    Emporer Palamecia: Both his human and final form were crushed by Frioniel and friends.
    Dark Cloud: I think he was in the same boat as Chaos.
    Zeromus: Was invincible to anything and everything FuSoYa, Golbez and your party threw at him until Cecil used the Crystal. Even supposing a villain got his hands on the crystal, it would be useless because a man of darkness using it means nothing to Zeromus.
    ExDeath: He was beaten by Galuf in a one-on-one fight just before Galuf died. He also lost the final fight of the game.
    Kefka: Beaten by the Returners, at least twice.
    Sephiroth: Omnislashed into oblivion.
    Ultimecia: Again, killed by Squall and the others.
    Kefka: Even though the mighty planet-busting Kuja was not killed by the main party, he did lose to Zidane and co., but he still won the war with his Ultima.
    Sin: All front-on attacks were useless against him. Operation Mi'ihen was a slaughter, and the Final Summoning only provided temporary defeat (not that a villain could use it anyway). The Hymn of the Fayth eventually made him docile enough to be breached and taken down from inside (though Overdrive Sin still had the most devastating technique ever seen in a Final Fantasy game, Giga Gravitron). Now, I don't think any villain would know the Hymn of the Fayth, so there's no way they could get close enough without being crushed like an ant by GG.
    Vayne: Never finished XII, but I read he was defeated as the Undying.

Since there's nothing to suggest he could be taken down by any of those guys, we can assume, if the fight went on long enough, he would kill everyone except Zeromus.
    This is a signature.

Trance Kuja, WoR-Kefka, or Sephy using black materia might have enough raw power to break through his shield, however if any of the villains were allowed to have the hymn playing while they fought Sin, as the heroes of the game did, then most baddies could beat Sin, considering how easy he was for a relatively inexperienced group of guardians to take down.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Firo Volondé View Post

Chaos: Defeated by the Light Warriors, twice. Apart from being well-hidden, he wasn't much of a fighter.

Dark Cloud: I think he was in the same boat as Chaos.

Since there's nothing to suggest he could be taken down by any of those guys, we can assume, if the fight went on long enough, he would kill everyone except Zeromus.
    Correction. Cloud of Darkness KILLED the heroes and if it wasn't for Doga and Unei sacrificing their souls to the Light Warriors to revive them, Cloud of Darkness would have won. After their first defeat, the Light Warriors had to defeat the 4 Dark Crystals bosses first before they even could harm the Dark Cloud. It then still took a kamikaze asault of the Warriors of the Dark before the Cloud of Darkness could finally be harmed.

And even then, she still was a tough cookie. So, she was quite the very great fighter and one hell of a being to get rid of. =/ And eventually she'd return anyway, if Light and Dark get unbalanced again, the Void will just create a new Cloud of Darkness.

So unles Sin destroyed the 4 Dark Crystals and convinced the 4 Warriors of the Dark to help him and attack the Cloud, all his attacks would deal no damage to Cloud of Darkness, while she would be hapily Particle Beaming him for instant kill.

Ex-Death using the Void, Final Ultimecia, AC Sephiroth using his true power, maybe Super Trance Kuja, and God Kefka.

I don't think none of those FF villains can beat Sin. Sin, is, technically a FF villain because of Jecht. Sin is both very HUGE and powerful.

Think about it, if all of us can beat all other FF villians at ease, then it's no doubt that those FF villians cannot beat Sin because they are weaker than us. In fact, Sin was quite tough as a boss.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I don't think none of those FF villains can beat Sin. Sin, is, technically a FF villain because of Jecht. Sin is both very HUGE and powerful.

Think about it, if all of us can beat all other FF villians at ease, then it's no doubt that those FF villians cannot beat Sin because they are weaker than us. In fact, Sin was quite tough as a boss.
    Sin was easy for me. And in-game =/= story. Like I said and others, Zeromus and Cloud of Darkness are untouchable until you use the Crystal on Zeromus or free the Warriors of the Dark for weakening Cloud of Darkness. Kuja destroyed the surface of Terra in the story but in-game he was a pretty easy boss. So well, allmost all villains can defeat Sin. Sin is not untouchable, which some villains are untill certain conditions are met. Sin cannot beat that.

And even in-game, most villains can defeat Sin, IMHO.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It wasn't the Hymn of the Fayth alone that made Sin docile. Jecht was inside "holding off" Sin's devastating attacks, waiting for Tidus. Other villains wouldn't have had this.

As Mihen operation showed, Sin's long distance attacks packed a punch. Killing it from the inside was the only way, but no one would be likely to get that close to Sin without their dad inside holding off the beast.

Vayne is a pushover. The rooks on his ship were harder than it's 3 forms.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

Sin was easy for me. And in-game =/= story. Like I said and others, Zeromus and Cloud of Darkness are untouchable until you use the Crystal on Zeromus or free the Warriors of the Dark for weakening Cloud of Darkness. Kuja destroyed the surface of Terra in the story but in-game he was a pretty easy boss. So well, allmost all villains can defeat Sin. Sin is not untouchable, which some villains are untill certain conditions are met. Sin cannot beat that.

And even in-game, most villains can defeat Sin, IMHO.
    Probably but if it's true then Sin sucked in battles, but outside of that, it seemed really really powerful from the cutscenes. Sin is capable of destroying huge things, it has destroyed cities and people.

If Sin used that big special skill (forget what is it called), as it's extremetly overpowered and it will kill everything at a fast speed.

As Kuja effortlessly destroyed a planet that was close to eternal prosperity and Sephiroth failed to effect a Planet that can't heal big holes and has been in dire straits for years now, I'd say Kuja's Trance powers are definitely above AC Sephiroth.

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

@Gilthanes: If a character fights Superman, and has access to Kryponite, it's not an accurate indication of his or her strength. Same goes for Sin and the Hymn. And where did you get the idea that X's heroes were more inexperienced than most? II, III, V, VIII and X-2 had no members older than 19 (considering Galuf was a temporary character); and of the other games, X has one of the highest ratio of characters > 20 years to characters < 20 years, only beaten by VII and possibly IV and VI (I can't find a reliable source for the ages of the latter games.

@Elpizo: You claim that Cloud of Darkness, Zeromus are invulnerable, which I'm not disputing, but this thread isn't called "What FF Villains couldn't be beaten by Sin." Sin is just as invincible, so it would end in a stalemate, not in Sin's death. You also seem to be forgetting about Giga Gravitron; the fact that it results in a Game Over even if you have an Aeon out means it's not just a flashy attack like Particle Beam, Big Bang, or Supernova. Plus the only reason you could even have time to defeat him before he uses it is due to Jecht's influence and the Hymn.

@ The Crystal: Evidence?

@ Renmiri: I didn't even think of that point about Jecht holding off Sin. Thanks for that.

@Serapy: Are you thinking of Giga Gravitron? It's the move he uses if his OD bar fills up, and it pretty much the same kind of attack he uses in cutscenes.
    This is a signature.

Yuna just became a summoner as the story opened, Tidus had never held a sword before when the game opened up, and the only one with actual and provable fighting experience is Auron.

Thats where I came up with the relatively inexperienced comment

Kefka: Beaten by the Returners, at least twice.
    Lol, Wut?

Just once by a party not the Returners. And in reality the idea of the "returners" -really faded- once Kefka sent the world into ruin, the Returners were and orginzation hell bent on keeping the empire from taking over the world but not by using force. Seeing as everyone was spread out for a year on different parts of the newly given world (literally the continents were shifted) they lack the orginazation skills to be an orginazation.
    The only actual members of the returners ever even in your party would be Locke and Edgar. Or Bannon but yeah he's in your party for like not long. Only a Temp~

So Kefka was never beaten by the returners.

A party of a half-esper, a runic knight, a theif, a king/knight, a martial artist, a ninja (if you kept him), an.. artist, a blue mage, another knight/samuraaaiii, a yeti, a moogle, a gambler, and a beserker is what did Kefka in. Angel of death (SEE LAST TIER) or not, that's a party of extremely powerful people and we all know ever angel of death has fallen. (SEE FIRST TEIR)

But yeah, I think Sin's size would be annoying. But I think Kuja and Kefka could do him in. I mean all Kefka would have to do is sit on his tower and light of judgement sin to death and that's not even full power. Kuja's shown signs of emense power and does use it, but since he never blows up the planet that the main stories going on every disregards his abilities. x x

FFXIV Character

@Elpizo: You claim that Cloud of Darkness, Zeromus are invulnerable, which I'm not disputing, but this thread isn't called "What FF Villains couldn't be beaten by Sin." Sin is just as invincible, so it would end in a stalemate, not in Sin's death. You also seem to be forgetting about Giga Gravitron; the fact that it results in a Game Over even if you have an Aeon out means it's not just a flashy attack like Particle Beam, Big Bang, or Supernova. Plus the only reason you could even have time to defeat him before he uses it is due to Jecht's influence and the Hymn.
    Particle Beam is an instant-KO move, though, just like Giga Gravitron, unless Cloud of Darkness is weakened. So when we put CoD versus Sin, it's one instant-KO attack versus the other, with the difference that Sin has to charge it, CoD can use it at any moment. I know Sin had that pretty strong shield thing around him during that operation in the story, making him almost invincible, but it's the same really with CoD. She could be Particle Beaming the Hell out of him until his shield is gone, while Sin might use Giga Gravitron once, not harming her since he can't unless he... well, you know by now. And once Sin's shield drops, it's game over for him. Or they both could continue attacking endlessly. Both not being able to harm each other with their Hero-killing attacks.

And if Sin really starts to get annoying, CoD would just return the world to the Void where nothing exists. How she would do that I have no idea, but her sole purpose is to do that, so I guess she can do it. And by returning all to nothing => Bye, bye, Sin. Same way NeoExDeath, True Ultimecia and Necron could kill Sin.

If Sin is the largest FF villain and has powerful spells combined then it will have many chances to win better, nonetheless.