Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody a fan of MMA or whatever?

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am only partial to whatever my boyfriend makes me watch. And it's a plus that I like Sakuraba.

Happy Birthday to Me

Blog Entries

UFC is <3 I watch nit every weekend and drink with my buddies. It's fun to watch people get knocked out ^_^

Wow, any plans Dana had for the LHW division in the UFC are now completely shot to pieces.

Who the hell is gonna face Wanderlei in December?
    What I've been listening to:

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by El Bandito View Post
    Wow, any plans Dana had for the LHW division in the UFC are now completely shot to pieces.

Who the hell is gonna face Wanderlei in December?
    That's a good question. I would guess Keith Jardine may be in the running now after beating Chuck (which surprised the hell out of me). Tonights fights surprised me in general though. I didn't expect Shogun to gas like that and lose to Griffin. It was a night of upsets it seems.

I kinda had a feeling in my gut Jardine would pull out a victory, but Forrest's manhandling of Shogun downright shocked me. Though even through that, I don't doubt Shogun will eventually win the belt. He's freakin' 25!

As for Wanderlei, the more I think about it, the more I think Dana should stick Houston Alexander in the Wanderlei match in December. Now THAT would be an entertaining match.

Oh, and just a funny side note, UFC 76: Knockout had not a single knockout.
    What I've been listening to:

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's definitely a shame that Shogun's cardio wasn't up to snuff. He probably gassed just because he kept trying to shoot in and take it to the ground so much, but even then, when I look at the stamina Tyson Griffin had in the first fight I think Shogun should have done better. No doubt we'll see him in top form in the future since I doubt he'll want that to happen again. I don't want to take anything away from Forrest though as he fought an excellent fight the whole way, and even managed to submit him which has never happened before. I think Rampage was more surprised than anyone considering the beat down he took from Shogun when they fought.

And I can't believe I forgot about Houston Alexander when I was saying to a friend last night that I'd like to see him get a title shot. Putting him up against Silva would be just about perfect. If he pulled out a win there then he'd certainly deserve a shot at the title. I love watching the man fight, mainly because he always looks like he wants to kill the other person. If I were a fighter staring across the ring at him I think I'd climb out of the ring and run.