Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your progress, where are you at.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default Post your progress, where are you at.

Ok, I know I am not that far in the story (atleast I don't think so. I don't use guides so I don't know). Right now, I just begun Giruvegan and just defeated Deadalus. I am 42 hours and 13 minutes. My party is as followed:
    Vaan lv 45
    Basch lv 44
    Balthier lv 44
    Fran lv 16
    Ashe lv 18
    Penelo lv 18

So, post your progress.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, I was level 55ish by then. You are doing good!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Had to backtrack due to a screwed up minigame, so I just acquired the Dawn Shard and am working on robbing Vossler of his Black Belt. Since it's such a rare drop, it's kinda annoying, but I'll get it eventually.

Ashe, Fran, and Balthier: Level 28
    Penelo, Basch, and Vaan: Level 27

All Quickenings learned, and some lovely equipment.

PS: Is there any reason to not skip the cutscenes in this game (I know it was penalized in FFX-2, but I'm hoping it doesn't matter in this game)?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Yeah, all my characters have learned all their quickening except Fran. She still only on level 1 quickening. The only espers I have are Belias, Mateous, and Addremeloch, and I believe one more, but can't remember which. I haven't done many side quests. Only all the level 1 marks and most of the level 2

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Storyline: Beat Final Boss- Levels: Mid 40s I believe...
    Side Bosses: Have been too lazy to start!

On my second playthrough, I've done everything except for defeating Yiazmat and Omega. I'll probably never get around to it because it's just tedious.
    Sigless

At about 95-100 hours I finished the Pharos, and then started leveling up and doing side quests. At 128 hours I started the Negalmuur autoleveling method, and was at 60-61. I equipped Embroidered Tippet's to double my experience gained. Right now two characters are at level 99 and four are at 98. I'll finish that Negalmuur method today, it takes 120 hours, but the amount of time I actually put into it was less than three hours!

After this, I got 25 hours of sidequests and beating the game.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

all my characters on lv 50, i am up 2 da part just before jahara.
    my time is at 65 hours. i have belias and addremalech. i have completed the license grid for all my people. i am using the zodiac spear 2 sledge hammers yoichi bow and a kogenui also a burning bow.
    I have 400,000 gil (somewhere around that much) defeated all the mob hunts up to jahara.

Let me update my progress. I just finished the Negalmuur auto-leveling. I started at 128 hours and at level 60-61. I finished at 245 hours at level 99, which is 117 hours of auto-leveling. I had Embroidered Tippet's equipped to double my experience gained and I had Haste cast on Negalmuur so he would summon Ghasts faster.

After this I looked out for some top accessories/relics that I could buy an equip. I wasn't sure if I should give everybody a Bubble Belt or a Cat-Ear Hood, so I had three of each purchased.

I signed up for 4 of the final 6 clan hunts, since the last two aren't available to me yet. Currently I'm going to check out the Great Crystal section of Giruvegan and look for the high level enemies to see what people are talking about when they say it's a great place to level up at the end of the game. I haven't checked out Pharos Subterra, another great leveling up place, I'll look at that. I've already been to Lhusu mines extension, Henne mines extension, Nabreus deadlands, Necrohol of Nabudis, and I've done the Negalmuur auto-leveling method.

So after checking out the Great Crystal and Pharos Subterra I will defeat and obtain the espers Ultima and Zodiark. Then I will beat the final clan hunts, although I may save Yiazmat for later. After that I have more stuff, I am not sure yet what order I will complete them yet.

I am starting to become starstruck when I see some of the level design in this game. Giruvegan, Pharos, these places are pretty insanely ultimate. I love it when I transport myself on an orange save crystal to Giruvegan and see the beautiful surroundings, they are great!

I have 25 hours left in the game, and will be done within a month. I still plan to play Alundra 1 after this, which will be the 25 hours and less than a month to beat. After this comes Mass Effect, I think it's 75 hours, and it's out on November 20th. Some of you may not know but yesterday Mistwalker announced that Lost Odyssey will come out: December 6th in Japan, January in other Asia countries, and February in Usa and Europe.

I'm annoyed that this ultimate game of Lost Odyssey is delayed, but this will give me more time to play Mass Effect, and I won't be forced to play both at one time.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

DragonSoul, did I read right, or did it take you more than 100 hours to reach level 99, which would cover around five days?

That's pretty mad, I would never leave it on longer than a day, mate.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

My primary party is at level 95, my backup party is level 91. I have all the Espers and completed every hunt (except for Yiazmat) and defeated every boss (except Omega). I also have yet to finish the fishing mini-game.

I just beat it

Vaan-lvl 65, basch, ashe-59, balthier-58, fran and penelo- 61
    I was going to beat zodiark, but got my butt handed to me by about 7 or 8 of those etle things or something like that. and I got bored with the hunts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    DragonSoul, did I read right, or did it take you more than 100 hours to reach level 99, which would cover around five days?

That's pretty mad, I would never leave it on longer than a day, mate.
    Yea, using Negalmuur auto-leveling method, I started at 128 hours and 60/61 levels(3 each) and went up to level 99 after 245 hours, which included 3 hours of random work by me, and I started and stopped a few times. I also used Embroidered Tippet's to double my experience and Haste was cast on Negalmuur so it summons more Ghasts.

I've come pretty close to perfecting the Gambit system for this. My gambits blow everybody else's gambits for this method out of the water. If I wanted to I could leave this on for 150 hours straight and the chain won't break, that's how much work I put into perfecting the Gambits. I'm gonna write a summary and list them also soon.

Currently I'm gonna print out maps/guides to Giruvegan Great Crystal and Pharos Subterra, and go there to see how the high level enemies are there, because I haven't checked out the final secret sections of those places. Plus I'm gonna get Ultima, Zodiark, and 5 of the last 6 hunts next. I'll save Yiazmat for later, maybe the last thing I do before the final dungeon, along with Omega Mark XII.

Gargh! Bad timing for this!!! Today when I get home Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 rental comes in the mail! Should I play that(to see it's apparent ultimateness and what Mass Effect may be like, which I pre-ordered) or play FF XII, which I'm extremely excited about right now.

I have to say something, I am really happy that I'm putting so much work into Final Fantasy XII so I can beat it to 100% completion. It's not the same if I finished it in 100 hours. Me beating it in 270 hours(including 117 hours of Negalmuur auto-levelling from level 60/61 to level 99) is going to be worth it. It makes me sad that for some other ultimates in the past, like Final Fantasy Tactics, I didn't beat the sidequests and now I don't have time to go back and play those again because I barely have time to beat the top new games.

I think that the only games I should beat are the ones I'm willing to beat it to 100% completion, like Final Fantasy XII, Alundra 1, Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect. I did beat Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, but I didn't do the bonus missions, not sure if I regret that though, even though I liked that game. Also I had bought Rogue Galaxy and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but stopped playing each because the first one I realized was not ultimate enough for me to beat and the second one I didn't have time to play 150-200 hours to beat.

Now that Lost Odyssey has been delayed, I wonder if I'll have time after Mass Effect to beat either The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass or Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. It may be likely that I'll beat some ultimate game from the past I haven't beaten. There are four ultimate teams that I follow. One is the main Final Fantasy team, one is the team by Yasumi Matsuno(FF Tactics, FF XII, etc), one is what I call the "cool team", which has Xenogears, Chrono Cross, and the Xenosaga games, and there is also the team for The Legend of Zelda.

For those four teams I wanted to beat all of their games that I haven't beaten, starting with the earliest one for each. This gives me three options for what game I can beat early next year between Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey. I may skip the older games though. I am not sure yet of my preference but I wonder about yours. Which game should I beat?

Final Fantasy VIII(I may skip FF 1-3, I already beat 4-7)
    Tactics Ogre(I already beat Ogre Battle)
    Xenogears(I may skip Radical Dreamers, from the same team, I already beat Chrono Trigger)
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time(I may skip Zelda 1 and 2, I beat 3 and 4 already)

I may post a thread about this.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Stillshrine of Miriam

Everyone: Level 28

Gonna fight Matteus soon, but I've got Flametongues equipped on everyone and there are some elementals in there that gets life when I hit them, so I might have to backtrack and buy some new weapons

Blog Entries

Beat it a few weeks ago.
    My status:
    Playing time: 65 hours
    Character Levels:
    Vaan: 57
    Basch: 56
    Ashe: 57
    Balthier: 15
    Fran: 17
    Penelo: 19