Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Post your progress, where are you at.

Third playthrough, Stilshrine of Miriam, attempting to set up the Negelmuur trick for some ez lvlz.

Forced Second Playthrough due to Corrupted File when I got to the Stilshrine of Miriam(Lvl 34 for main, lowest possible for others)

Right now, I'm at the Nam-Yensa Sandsea, All my party is lvl 18 and I can't be bothered to go turn on my PS2 jst to get more info, but here are my characters "jobs.

Vaan: Tank and Healer. (Primary Leader)
    Basch: Damage Dealer and Mist Knack Starter.
    Balthier: Damage Dealer and Healer. (Balthier+Pole=Uber)
    Ashe: Offensive Spellcaster (Ashe+Mace=Uber)
    Fran: General Spellcaster (Secondary Leader because she has such low HP, I can't trust she'll survive)
    Penelo: Defensive Spellcaster. (She can't even hit well with a gun...)

At the moment, Balthier is my best for damage dealing, but Vaan is my best overall as his attack is decent(160-200) and his magick is strong.

Yeesh... I started over again.
    Everyone lvl 45 except Fran lvl46. Gilgamesh defeated 2nd time.
    Current weaponry:
    Vaan: Zodiac spear
    Fran: Yoichi bow + Assassin Arrows
    Balthier: Fomalhaut + Wyrm shot/Onion shot
    Ashe: Stoneblade + Genji Shield
    Basch: Save the queen (Anyday soon Ultima Blade... -.-)
    Penelo: Yagui Darkblade/Stoneblade + Demon shield (Or was it Daemon? I dont remember now... ^^')
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

FullMetal Dope XD ~ Hot ~ rayquaza0's Avatar

*yawn* Progress Report

Ok, here's my progress report; (MAIN Party ONLY)
    Vaan; lv 54 - Main Roles; Dps and backup Healer - HP 3900 MP 540
    Main Gambits
    Ally>Any (>) Arise
    Foe>Lowest HP (>) Attack
    Ally<50%HP (>) Curaja
    Foe>Flying (>) Telekenises
    Ally>Any (>) Protega
    Ally>Any(>) Esunaga
    Items
    Helm (>) Mage Power Shishak
    Chest (>) Maximillian
    Weapon (>)Death Bringer Sword
    Shield (>) Ensanguined Shield
    Accessory (>) Thief Cuff's (the best stealing accessory in the world ^^)
    Bash; Lv 54 - Main Roles; Tank - HP 4200 MP 380
    Main Gambits
    Ally>Any (>) Arise
    Foe>Party Leaders Target (>) Attack
    Ally<50%HP (>) Curaja
    Foe>Flying (>) Telekenises
    Ally>Any (>) Shellga
    Items
    Helm (>) Mage Power Shishak
    Chest (>) Maximillian
    Weapon (>)Save The Queen
    Accessory (>) Genji Gloves (It's great, the chaining is fantastic since with beserk/decoy and bubble cast on him, Basch never dies and deals 4500+ dmg each hit and he also chains up to 4 hits up to 50% of the time!)
    Balthier; Lv 55 - Main Roles; Healer/Caster/Minor Dps - Hp 3800 MP 495
    Main Gambits
    Ally>Any (>) Arise
    Foe>Any (>) Displega
    Foe>Party leaders target (>) Attack
    Ally<50%HP (>) Curaja
    Ally>Any (>) Bubble
    Ally>Any (>) Haste
    Ally>Basch (>) Beserk
    Ally>Bash (>) Decoy
    Ally>Any (>) Bubble
    Items
    Helm (>) Renewing Marion
    Armour (>) Mirage Vest
    Weapon (>) Zodiac Spear (Nice Dps, so caster can defend/Attack)
    Accessory (>) Sages Ring (PRO TO THE MAX ^^)

This party has made it up to thee part just before the pharos, im grinding them as well as levelling my lv 19 twinks in the game XD as well as farming and doing the hunts I'm alsos hunting down alot of espers ^^

Personally i see no use of having ranged weapons besides spells if your not allowed to use the Ensanguined Shield

At the mo I'm taking a little break from the game because i nearly punched the T.V with frustration ^^
    My characters are Lv. 25-27ish
    Ashe is the strogest white mage, recovering 700ish each time she uses Cura
    Penello is also a white Mage with exactly the same Ganbits as Ashe.
    Ganbits are something like:
    1 Ally: Hp critical - Cura
    2 Ally: Hp critical - Hi-poition
    3 Ally: Hp <80% - Regen
    4 Ally: Hp <60% - Cura
    5 Ally: Status Confuse - Esuna
    6 Ally: Status Blind -Blindna
    7 Self(or Ally can't remember) status Silence- Attack
    8 Self - Charge
    (I only add charge in boss battles)
    Basch is the strongest with a type of hand Axe.
    His ganbits are attack a foe (i.e if a foe is on low Hp he automactically attacks that 1) and heal a person on low Hp
    Vann Has a blood sword and has simmilar ganbits to Basch
    Fran has a bow (forget what type) and her ganbits are to attack and heal people
    Balthier has a crossbow (not the lowest type but not a very high one) I use him as a long range attack person. His ganbits are just like Basch's

I tend to control Fran or Balthier when i fight. I go behind the enemy attacking and healing anyone who gets low Hp

Everyone knows their Quickenings (all 3). Basch can summon Bealis (the fire dude) and Ashe can summon the Ice chick (can't member the names well!)

I think i'm not doingvery well because i got people to learn the magicks first and not the Augments! Fran is the quickest because she has leart 3 Swiftness things on the licence board and is going 4 a 4th one! ^^

I'm up to seeking into Achrcadies Where you have to fight Ahrindain:rolleyes2 (something like that ^^) ghost thing!!! Every time i do it he splits in two and all baring one person is alive (useually it's Vaan, most useless of all the characters) and i don't have any Mp left or Pheonix downs ^^ joy!

AND did i forget to mention that this is my first time playing this game?

Word of advice, losa. If you've just reached Archades now, and you're around levels 25-27, then you're in need of a serious level grinding session, that might be the reason for why you're struggling at the moment.

Get to level 35 and the game will prove to be a little more easier, also care not to make every single character heal each other, because it inadvertently wastes their Magic Points. Stick to only having your two white mages use all the curative magics, but refrain from setting their gambits to using valuable items as well. Further more, it's technically not a brilliant idea to keep overusing your cura magic; just make it useful once for your white mage (Ally: <60%) scrap the regen, because it's not necessarily vital for buffing up a character. Add charge all the time (just in case you've fallen into a pits end battle, and you're drained of MP - set it to ---> Self: Charge <20%).

It's recommended that all melee characters should be equipped with swords/ poles/katanas, etc...but an axe or hammer is definitely not advisable to use, because it varies in damage points and is fairly unpredictable, being the most unreliable weapon in the game. So yeah, don't give Basch an Axe, replace it with a sword. For now.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

Thumbs up I Beat It

Last night I bet ff12, Total time 184 hours. all hunts complete, every weapon , all side quests. Now I need a good game to play. I do not have a PS3. Any suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    Last night I bet ff12, Total time 184 hours. all hunts complete, every weapon , all side quests. Now I need a good game to play. I do not have a PS3. Any suggestions ?
    Go to General Gaming Discussion. A game you should buy, and that I fully recommended is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I am in my second playthrough; I really want Order of Ambrosia but suck hardcore at pulling off Concurrences so that's really out of the question. I have yet to use a quickening in this game, incidentally. At the very least, I want the Tournesol and to finish all hunts and beat all Espers.

Right now I'm in Balfonheim. I haven't yet visited Giruvegen, but my levels are very high considering as is my equipment. I can't play, though, as I don't have a PS2 with me at college.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

first playthrough

that tomb with the dawn shard

all lvl 14, expect for balthier, fran and ashe, who are lvl 13

just defeated the wall

everyone is a healer and everyone can attack, no one really uses black magic

edit: the love of god.. I just read others.. am i underleveled or what?

ja, I'm not going to go into much detail like many have here. I got this game for Christmas, this is my first playthrough. Anywho, I just got out of the Cataract of Ridorana (sp?) and all my chars (with the exception of Penelo lvl 20) are at level 57, with the best armor and weapons that money can buy, so far. I'm now going to embark on many hunts that need doing, and then I'll see about Bahamut.

If I were Balthier, I would've punched Cid in his last moments and called him a wanker.

that is all.

P.S. OMG AK, how did you survive that far into the game at that level?! You're not going to be able to defeat the 2nd wall, i can tell you that much, unless you're a god at Quickenings. I died about 20 times before I finally got the 2nd one. (I did them in reverse order. so 1=2nd and 2nd=1). You need to level up a lot!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    ja, I'm not going to go into much detail like many have here. I got this game for Christmas, this is my first playthrough. Anywho, I just got out of the Cataract of Ridorana (sp?) and all my chars (with the exception of Penelo lvl 20) are at level 57, with the best armor and weapons that money can buy, so far. I'm now going to embark on many hunts that need doing, and then I'll see about Bahamut.

If I were Balthier, I would've punched Cid in his last moments and called him a wanker.

that is all.

P.S. OMG AK, how did you survive that far into the game at that level?! You're not going to be able to defeat the 2nd wall, i can tell you that much, unless you're a god at Quickenings. I died about 20 times before I finally got the 2nd one. (I did them in reverse order. so 1=2nd and 2nd=1). You need to level up a lot!
    I defeated the 2nd wall already with all my char at lvl 13 and 14

cause im awsome like that

I beat the game but need to beat Yizamat and Omega Mark XII but all of my characters r like lvl 79 or 80 i don't remember.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

I am now on my second playthrough. I have just been at Jahara, and am now doing hunts before I am off to Bur-Omisace.
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?