Thread: Sunny Day Real Estate...and a secondary topic

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Sunny Day Real Estate...and a secondary topic

I happened to stroll across the music section at the library, and I came across a Sunny Day Real Estate album. I'd heard of them before, but never listened to them. So I checked it out and I happened to like them quite a bit.

So, topic one, does anyone here like Sunny Day Real Estate?

And topic two: Has anyone come across a random album and happened to like it?

Discuss.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend really likes them. I haven't listened to them much though. Don't remember if I like them or not.

I've picked up a few albums on a relative whim that turned out to be pretty good... I guess the best was Danger DOOM's The Mouse and the Mask..

If you liked DANGERDOOM you should check out MF DOOM's other collaboration Madvillain and the album "Madvillainy", it's up there as one of my favorite overall albums of all time.

I picked up the EP "Waters of Nazareth" from Justice by it's cool cover art and awesome title alone. Good god that is some amazing electronic music. The actual album "Cross" and really anything that Ed Banger Records puts out (sans Uffie) has been complete gold so far.
    What I've been listening to:

SDRE is a pretty good band, Diary was an enjoyable album, though it wasn't my thing really.

I don't normally take leaps of faith with things, I research it a little first.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been a fan of SDRE for a few years now. Fave songs are Seven, Every Shining Time You Arrive, and In Circles.

(SPOILER)Christie Front Drive are better though.

Edit: Random albums I came across and loved would be Thursday's Full Collapse and Wiretap Scars by Sparta.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I've been a fan of SDRE for a few years now. Fave songs are Seven, Every Shining Time You Arrive, and In Circles.

(SPOILER)Christie Front Drive are better though.

Edit: Random albums I came across and loved would be Thursday's Full Collapse and Wiretap Scars by Sparta.
    Full Collapse is amazing.

Not a fan of Sunny Day Real Estate, though they do seem a lot better than most alternative/emo bands.

Random albums I came across and loved... Pretty much half of the thrash and even more of the black metal stuff I love I just randomly downloaded. The rest is the more mainstream stuff like Metallica or Mayhem.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?