Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apanda, Archaic/ultima demon

Default Apanda, Archaic/ultima demon

Is there any way to recruit them to your party like you would other animals?

warning possible spoilers (why the hell do i still have to do this when the game has been out for so long)

nope. you only get one apanda that joins after a battle durring a side quest
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

And that one isn't like the traditional enemy varieties.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

If you absolutely have to get one in the party try a hack or Gameshark.

While Byblos has some nice abilities, he's recruited so fantastically late in the game he doesn't do much good. Not to say I didn't recruit him, I just didn't use him. He keeps Malak company I guess.

As far as other monsters go, my favorite is the Tiamat. Of course you can breed one from a Hyrudra as early as Nelveska Temple.

Does only a psone gameshark work on the game even if its played on ps2? or does a ps2 one work fine?

also can you use the gameshark to get other characters as well? like Elmdor, celia, weigraf etc?

Contributions

Based on their website, it seems that there are separate products for each platform.

I think Gameshark lets you put any combat-featured character in the party, even the Lucavi.

Yeah, i'm actually just interested in seeing the job description and attacks for the the unique classes that the enemies have like elmdor, dyecedarg and the lucavi. I saw a video on youtube of a guy who have zalera in his party and did one of his attacks.

Contributions

There's a good Battle Mechanics Guide on gamefaqs.com by aerostar.

Here are the Lucavi's FEAR skillset, unique to them.

Warlock (Velius)

Lose Voice (Silence)

Seal (Petrify)

Loss (Confusion)

Angel of Death (Zalera)

Darkness (Darkness)

Spell (Stop)

Chicken Race (Don't Act)

Nightmare (Sleep OR Death Sentence)

Regulator (Hashmalum)

Speed Ruin (-3 to Speed)

Spell (Stop)

Death Cold (Slow)

Impure King (Queklain)

Nightmare (Sleep OR Death Sentence)

Chicken Race (Don't Act)

Death Cold (Slow)

Ghost of Fury (Adramelk)

Seal (Petrify)

Chicken Race (Don't Act)

Lose Voice (Silence)

Loss (Confusion)
    Last edited by BG-57; 09-21-2007 at 01:00 AM.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

I used a Gameshark to get Elidibs in my party once, was trying to get my summoners to learn Zodiac from him, by lettign him get charmed or confused.

i gave up after a few hours.

Contributions

The hard part about learning Zodiac is that it only targets enemies. The best bet is to have an ally cast it on enemy summoners then either wait for them to cast it back on your party or else kill them for their crystal.

I used the second method and eventually I was able to have all my human allies learn it.

FFXIV Character

yah i was trying to have him get charmed and then cast it on my units, however whenever he did get charmed he would either a) Not cast it or b) cast it and kill whoever it hit compleatly obliviating thier chance of learning it.

I think next time i will try to do what you said and cast it on enemy SMN and then just take thier crystals. Most difficult part in that sounds like a) Finding a place to fight enemy SMN's reliably and b) using it on them and them surviving to learn it.

I guess if i purposfully gimped my "ma" then it would probly not kill them.

Contributions

You've come to the right place.

This method will work since I've been able to teach Zodiac to all my human units. All you need is a little luck and lots of patience.

1) Try your luck in TERMINATE, the second level of DD. There are several random battles that occur there that involve two monsters and two human opponents. In one version one of the humans is a Summoner and in another both of the humans are Summoners. Most of the random encounters will not involve Summoners, but the odds are about 1/16 that you will face at least one. If your find no Summoners at all, try DELTA as a backup location.

2) Make Ramza (or whomever knows Zodiac) with the Summon skillset and Move-Gain MP. Have at least one Mediator in the party (I went with Rafa). Next, have a couple of brawny guys who can clean out the level quickly (Orlandu and Beowulf are excellent choices). Lastly, have the unit you want to learn Zodiac as a Summoner.

3) Keep trying until you get opponents that include Summoners. It'll work faster if you reset instead of trying to fight through every battle. Two Summoners is best (I got one crystal and one treasure chest every time), but one Summoner is worth a try.

4) Start off by immobilizing both Summoners and at least one monster. A combination of Math Skills and Beowulf's sword skill will work wonders. Kill off all but one monster (this is important).

5) Have your Mediator(s) repeatedly cast Solution to lower the Faith of the Summoners. Under 10 is ideal, but don't go all the way to 0. Have Ramza cast Zodiac on at least one of the Summoners. Then kill that Summoner. If there's a second Summoner, have Ramza walk around to regain MP and cast on the second unit.

6) Keep the surviving monster asleep and imobilized until the Summoners have dropped the crystals/treasure chests. Have your Summoner walk over any dropped crystals.

7) Kill of the surving monster. The battle ends.

This method worked every time, except once Malak didn't learn Zodiac on the first try. I was able to teach it to him later though.

FFXIV Character

I bet your just as psyched as me for the PSP FF Tactics huh?

I'll probly buy a PSP just for FF Tactics

Contributions

The last time I ever bought a platform for a single game was a PSX for FFVII. I am eager to see the added stuff and character classes. What I may not do is try for a 'perfect' game since it took me forever in my PSX version.

BG-57 - that's awesome...although I wouldn't have the patience to teach all my units Zodiac...I didn't even have enough patience to level to 99 = D